Acuity Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.9
Rui Garcia

Nothing in life is perfect, but it's pretty good here!

I have been working at Acuity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Benefits - Compensation is mostly above average - Management is willing to listen to ideas - Small company means nimble processes - Growing - Friendly people

Cons

- Needs more support staff in the main office (other than recruiting) - seem to be over-tasked. - With growth, comes the need for policies to govern processes and right now there seem to be few - Hard to roll off one project and on to another if looking to expand skill set, but not impossible.

Advice to Management

Create career paths and processes to ensure equitable promotions, raises, spot bonuses, etc. Create more of an open management structure so we understand how the company is doing and why we do things the way we do.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Acuity full-time

Pros

The benefits are great, the office is casual dress, there are numerous events and gifts throughout the year.

Cons

With so much new growth the company is rapidly expanding and there are many new faces and things are sometimes a little crowded.

Advice to Management

Don't just hire or promote the fresh, new, young college grads, there are lots of qualified people in house that should be chosen for advancement.

3. Awesome Environment!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Pros

It is a great opportunity with a lot of growth potential. Everyone is nice. I've learned a lot since I've been employed here. Great benefits! Professional. Comfortable environment. Occasional free lunches. Very catering and thoughtful to their employees (ex. birthday cards/dessert). Management is understanding to those who have kids and are flexible to employee needs. Teamwork makes the dream work.

Cons

I have no real complaints.

Advice to Management

Be more open to new, fresh ideas.

I thoroughly enjoyed working for Acuity Inc.

Pros

Acuity, Inc. has a wide range of benefits and training. The team evolves around excellence, professionalism and team work.

Cons

Need to employ more administrative positions.

Advice to Management

To employ more administrative positions.

A truely amazing company

Former Employee - Programmer in Sheboygan, WI
    Former Employee - Programmer in Sheboygan, WI

I worked at Acuity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company really is a great place to work. They continually give you random gifts and throw an awesome summer and christmas party. Flex time is great benefit. Compensation and benefits are much better than the industry norm. The people are all very nice and willing to help out in anyway that they can. They realize that it can take some time for you to learn the new system and don't demand too much right away.

Cons

Even with all the perks sometimes the city isn't the best place unless you meet the write people. Also, the people like the company better than they like their jobs.

Tried to provide me an opportunity

Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Acuity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Acuity is well respected with their customers, very hands on and approachable. Management is generally always available for contact. They have been built by hiring high-level talent. Perks are standard as the company may be beginning to go through a rough time with one of their primary customer

Cons

I was brought in as one of those high-level talents, unfortunately, opportunities fell through or were not fought for hard enough by Sr. management and thus I had nothing to consider a "victory" to my name.

Advice to Management

Ensure all staff are being given the opportunity to shine and help them along more in that persuit...

Great experience and learned a tremendous amount while I was there

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Acuity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Acuity has very strong core values and demonstrates a commitment to its employees and clients. My experience with both middle level managers and the Executives was extremely positive. Very nice people and extremely down to earth. Acuity also does a tremendous amount with charities such as Jill's House, Operation Homefront, Susan G. Komen Foundation, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Having a company with high integrity and caring about the community is very important to me. I first heard about Acuity because they were listed in the Washington Business Journal's Best Places To Work. Acuity has received this honor 4 years in a row. I got to see why firsthand. They really do care about its employees.

Cons

None that I have experienced

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you are doing. I wish I didn't have to relocate otherwise I would have stayed with this company for many years.

Cut throat organization that doesn't measure outcomes or contributions just profit margin.

Former Employee - Analyst in Rosslyn, VA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Rosslyn, VA

I worked at Acuity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any pros of working for this organization. They don't care about their employees. They care more about appearances.

Cons

Corporate mentality is to maximize the return of any position with the government with no concern for the well being of the client or providing the most talented individual available but what puts the most money in their bank account.

Advice to Management

The problem is upper management. Remarkably they have acquired talent but their business practices from the top to first level management are suspect.

Good working experience

Current Employee - Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Acuity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is small, but growing. Colleagues from top to down are great. Managers are knowledgeable, competent, and approachable. They are also supportive. I like the culture because it is not cut throat where everyone tries to out do the next person. Instead, it is about teamwork and all team members play a role.

Cons

Since the company is small, you cannot easily roll off of a project if you want to work on something new. The opportunities are limited.

Terrible experience: I would not advise anyone to work for them.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Pros

The starting salary was ok and they made a good impression at first -- team building events were nice.

Cons

There was no respect, no dignity, no raises. Morale is low. Other contractors are happy they don't work for Acuity.

Advice to Management

Letting your PM fire employees with over 10 years on the contract so he could get his friend the job is unacceptable.

RSS Feed </> Embed