Acxiom

Acxiom Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Acxiom President & CEO Scott E. Howe

Scott E. Howe

Pros
  • Good work life balance with the ability to work from home when imperative(in 45 reviews)

• Work/life balance is the best part of the job(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • No bonuses unless in sales or extreme upper management(in 13 reviews)

• Pay cuts for everyone too, with no criteria for attaining again(in 9 reviews)

Good company, but lay off heavy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Conway, AR

ProsFlexible, good environment, great people

ConsLay offs every time the wind blows

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out a way to cut costs without laying off your talent

Upper Management needs to get off perch and really see what's going on!

ProsUsed to be a great company in the 90's and early 2000's. The VP's and all Upper Mgmt. used to care about Assoc. Sat and providing quality service to the Clients.

ConsThey only care about stockholders and bonuses. The employees are overworked, underpaid and have an extreme lack of resources. Emp. are extremely stressed and have no security in their jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease, Please look at what's really going on. Stop worrying about the stockholders and start caring about your employees again. If you do they will be so much more productive.

A good company....employees are spoiled

Client Services Manager (Former Employee) Little Rock, AR

ProsVery flexible company, makes for a good life outside of work

ConsPay isn't high and company does have layoffs quite often

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Acxiom Corporation

Account Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsSmart hard-working client-facing teams. Adequate perks, benefits and training opportunities. Top of the market products and solutions.

ConsChallenged with executing vision. Management team typically not on board with executive leadership team in executing mission. Difficult to rise through organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore honest company-wide communication. Share more detail on vision, mission and organizational structure.

Could be a Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFinally starting to break away from the legacy systems and programs that have held them back for years.
    Great Senior Leadership is starting to make a difference for this company.
    They released their first new product in over a decade recently and hopefully that is just the tip of the iceburg.

Conssubpar benefits package - they really should consider their employees not just the stock share price.
    constant layoffs
    more focused on hiring overpriced "talent" in CA than developing the loyal talent they already have.

Advice to Senior Managementstart valuing your employees.

Decision Support Analyst

Decision Support Analyst (Former Employee) Little Rock, AR

ProsFree to move to other functions is a specific role isn't working out.
    Education reimbursement.
    Work from home.

ConsSalary was a little on the low side

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more and you'll keep your better employees

Nice

ProsNice when getting out of college

ConsLayoffs are fairly common. Expect major layoffs every 2 or 3 years.

Interesting but challenging

ProsContinued re-invention of company focus with interesting product innovation. Some smart people. Opportunity to learn if you're a self starter. Strong client base. Some positions offer flexible work hours and ability to work from home.

ConsLack of common vision, integration and cooperation across lines of business creates friction and limits value to customers, and stockholders.
    Continued re-organization and employee turnover creates challenge in getting things done.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd COO

You are never sure of your job even if you do excellent work.

Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) Conway, AR

ProsVery flexible. Decent salary for Arkansas.

ConsWorked there for 21 1/2 years, every year I had an excellent review. Was told on Feb 27 that my last day of work was Feb 28. They are NOT loyal to their employees at all!

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more sensitive to your employees and be as loyal to them as they are to the company.

Good learning experience, difficult dealing with management

ProsThe people, the camaraderie, start-up environment/spirit

ConsClassic larger company bureaucracy, mismanagement, cost cutting, lack of direction

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed better leadership, more commitment to work-life balance and personal growth. Letting an office drift while the company came up with its game-plan was not a positive outcome.

Worked for Acxiom? Contribute to the Community!