Acxiom

Acxiom Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Acxiom President & CEO Scott E. Howe

Scott E. Howe

Pros
  • Good work life balance with the ability to work from home when imperative(in 45 reviews)

• Work/life balance is the best part of the job(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • No bonuses unless in sales or extreme upper management(in 13 reviews)

• Pay cuts for everyone too, with no criteria for attaining again(in 9 reviews)

Lots of changes

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with. Excellent, experienced and supportive mid-management, competitive wages, decent benefits. Company is developing interesting but unproven technology, there is potential but also tons of uncertainty. It's probably not a bad opportunity if you live on the West Coast.

ConsCurrent changes leave lots of people feel like they are no longer needed, shown by regular layoffs. It's not good to be an employee in Arkansas. Top management demands growth from old areas while reducing resources, they pour resources into new technologies with no results so far. As top management gets nervous of lack of growth and no takers for new technology, the environment is getting politicized and tense. Much touted "delayering" barely scratched management, most layoffs come from regular employees in Arkansas. New outside hires in upper leadership are clueless, they cling to their sponsors while terrorizing their groups. It's hard to explain to your kids what the company does, and then try to convince them it's actually a good thing.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe market is changing, but this is not a Kodak situation, you don't have to destroy the old business to be successful. Don't kill what's working and generating profits, keep nurturing it and it will support the new technology.

Could be a Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFinally starting to break away from the legacy systems and programs that have held them back for years.
    Great Senior Leadership is starting to make a difference for this company.
    They released their first new product in over a decade recently and hopefully that is just the tip of the iceburg.

Conssubpar benefits package - they really should consider their employees not just the stock share price.
    constant layoffs
    more focused on hiring overpriced "talent" in CA than developing the loyal talent they already have.

Advice to Senior Managementstart valuing your employees.

Nice

ProsNice when getting out of college

ConsLayoffs are fairly common. Expect major layoffs every 2 or 3 years.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for, with a bright future ahead of it

ProsThis company is an industry leader and has a CEO with the vision to grow the company significantly over the next few years. I feel the salaries are competitive, the benefits are competitive, and the work/life balance is outstanding.

ConsThis company is one of the biggest employers in Central Arkansas. Many people have worked here for decades, so it's hard when changes occur and people lose their jobs. There's not a lot of other options for people in this area who are used to making a certain salary at Acxiom and then lose their job in a layoff.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue making the right decisions to grow the business, and be as up-front and transparent as you can be about where we're headed and what that means.

Delivery Analyst

Decision Support Analyst (Current Employee) Little Rock, AR

ProsGreat company to work for, with excellent training and continuing education programs.

ConsCompany is currently going through a delayering process. It creates a lot of tension and anxiety.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work, exited to where these changes lead the company.

If you don't care about job security

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPays you money so you can pays bills

ConsLays you off. Forget about retirement

Still a good company

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Conway, AR

ProsThe people are the best thing about this company. You also have opportunities to learn and grow if you have the right leadership. The flexibility and time off schedule is also a bonus. This company is a great company to work for in the area if you have a family.

ConsThe instability of middle and upper management and the constant reorgs can be a little stressful. The company is also siloed to the point of making it very difficult to get things done. The benefits are okay but they could be better.

Very difficult to acclimate

Solutions Architect (Current Employee) Conway, AR

ProsPeople are great to w ok with

ConsVery difficult to learn about products because of lack of standardization and documentation.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to people that have experience at other companies.. NIH is rampant.

decent place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthe people, all coworkers were some of the best I have ever had and some of the hardest working, one of those jobs where you have more than a foot in the door for Information technology on a resume.

Conspay, job security no one felt like their job was safe communication was not always there between groups and upper to lower management.

Delivery Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- comfortable working environment
    - People are nice and helpful

Cons- Salary is not competitive
    - Lack of personal attention

Worked for Acxiom? Contribute to the Community!