Acxiom Digital

Acxiom Digital President Timothy J. Suther

Timothy J. Suther

Anonymous (Former Employee)
    Foster City, CA

ProsFree breakfast (cereal, oatmeal, milk, bagels and donuts on Wednesdays), soda, pretzels, etc. Most of the people are great people to work with. Fun work environment. Satisfactory benefits.

ConsPay is not competitive for northern California. The longer you work at Acxiom Digital, the less you probably make because their raises are minuscule & don't even help with rising living costs & inflation. Turnover rate is incredibly high. There seems to be at least 1 person quitting a week. Morale is consistently low. Management seems to not care about employees, or the fact that they always quit. They also only seem to care if you hold a more distinguished role (Example. Senior Account Manager, Account Director, etc.) If you are below that, you are a nobody.

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak away from Acxiom Corp. Reward those who work hard, and stop hiring dead-weight. Focus on employee retention.

Not a very challenging work environment

Architect (Current Employee)
    San Mateo, CA

ProsThe benefits are excellent, work hours are flexible (in fact people come in and out as they please). The Foster City office is very nice, with amenities such as a gym.

ConsVery bureaucratic organization, very little ever gets done because so many people have to be involved in any decision. The corporate culture fosters a lack of accountability, it is easy to pick up bad habits. Acxiom's IT is particularly bad due to poor choice of vendors. The crappy non-standard F5 Firepass VPN makes it very difficult to telecommute.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on accountability. The new matrix organization announced by incoming CEO John Meyer is not a step in the right direction, but the renewed emphasis on fiscal discipline is a welcome change.

Good for out of college, not much else

Foster City, CA

ProsYou get a chance to gain experience in the email marketing field

ConsThe salaries are not competitive, upward mobility is limited. Promotions based on tenure not skill

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to value their lower level employees more to reduce turnover. The turnover hurts the quality of our product and the morale of the workers

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Acxiom Digital - a terrible place to work

Associate Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Nashville, TN

ProsThe salary and benefits were pretty great. Also, work dress was casual and you could listen to music while you worked during the day.

ConsManagement at every level is horrible; completely out of touch with day-to-day workings of the business. Excellence is NOT rewarded. It is more important for you to be in your seat from 8-noon and noon-5 than it is for you to actually do excellent, creative work. The changes the company as a whole is going through make it near impossible for an average, entry-level employee to ever advance because every time they restructure, it's like your previous time with the company is wiped clean. I've never worked in a place with so much drama, nor in a place where they expected me to "have fun." I was there to work and develop myself professionally, not to gossip or play dizzy bat races in the back. This place is a horrible place to work. I had to switch industries, sadly, to leave. I would warn anyone who is competent, intelligent and creative to STAY AWAY.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is critical to develop clear service agreements with clients. Most of the terrible days I had at work were caused by the fact we had NO clear service agreement with our clients and therefore spent a lot of time having to hide things from the client.

Good place to learn....

ProsLearning everything you can about the Digital realm.

ConsNo leadership.

No serious management.
    No promotions

Good entry level opportunities

Content Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsAlthough some people are dissatisfied with the health benefits, compared to the previous company I worked for, the Acxiom medical & dental benefits can be considered average for a company in this field. If you are single and are looking for benefits that will cover preventative care, the benefits will work well. The people I work with are great and the free sodas, bagels and fruits are good too.

ConsNot too many career growth opportunities. Employee retention rate is horrible. Pay cuts, pay freeze with no end in sight and no communication about it from higher ups.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough money is not the most important factor in a job, there comes a point where people will need a salary that will allow them to be able to keep up with the cost of living and the associates will eventually need their salary increases. At the very least, please communicate as to when this will happen. Please realize that this is one of the main reasons if not the main reason why Acxiom has become a revolving door for associates.

Serious disappointment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits. Good amount of PTO. Somewhat flexible in working from home (though some people take advantage of it and ruin it for everyone).

ConsAn unbelievable amount of nepotism. It's all about who you know, not what you know. There are people that are "lifers" here, and it's very hard to break into their "inner circle".

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide adequate and ongoing training to your people managers. Try to have more open communication from the top down, not just to a select few.

Good for recent college grads, but move elsewhere after a while

ProsThe people in my office are great to work with.

ConsHowever, recent decisions by upper management have left me unhappy as entire teams have been laid off after we were told that there would be no layoffs. There are not may opportunities available and it is easy to get 'stuck' ... in rank and in pay. Pay is frozen, 401K's aren't funded, and all employees are underpaid.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease increase compensation. Retaining those who earn less and laying off those who earn more isn't fair either. Stop talking about "Rock Stars" when employees are unhappy, and actual be honest.

Worked for Acxiom Digital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Acxiom Digital reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Acxiom Digital CEO Timothy J. Suther. All 38 reviews posted anonymously by Acxiom Digital employees.