Acxiom Digital

Acxiom Digital President Timothy J. Suther

Timothy J. Suther

Corporate and straightforward

Content Specialist (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsSmall teams work well. Relaxed environment.

ConsNot terribly transparent. Not much communication between teams (i.e. Creative, Agency, and Production) leading to micromanagement

Potential missed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Foster City, CA

ProsThe ability to use all that data, particularly from mother Acxiom, has so much potential. Years ago, Acxiom was referenced in a popular magazine as the scariest company you never heard of. Not so true anymore with the recent 60 Minutes story. If you can get in the right area, no question that time at Acxiom Digital would benefit your set of skills and career. The comments are also true about a good place to start.

ConsThere's something inherently wrong with a company where good talent leaves in bunches, and ends up at Epsilon, Experian, and Responsys. This is not to say that those remaining are deficient, but anyone close to the comings and goings know the caliber of the people who have left.

Little opportunity to advance, boring

Account Manager (Former Employee) Foster City, CA

ProsRelaxed atmosphere. All of the employees are really friendly. If you started at this company right out of college, it is a great start to learn how to operate in a professional setting.

ConsLittle opportunity for advancement in career. Salary is really low when comparing to competitors. The parent company knows very little about what this division actually does.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Gluten for punishment...

Web Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsNone that I can think of.

ConsVery long work hours with very very short deadlines

Acxiom Digital NY

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat people, flexible hours and time off

Consthe work can be boring at times, too many meetings, low pay

Structured but boring.

Associate Account Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood company and operational structure. They may change processes often but at least they keep you up to date on how and when those changes will take place.
    Average compensation.

ConsDay to day can become boring.
    Working in an environment where coworkers or seniors are there to take you down - not conducive to productivity.
    Growth internally is either non-existant or at snail rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe "buddy buddy" relationships you have with employees that have been there longer than most should not reflect your management decisions.
    If there is an issue, consult every party involved before making any decision.

Good...for now

Associate Digital Solutions Coordinator (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFortune 500 Clients, interesting digital work, relaxed work environment in NYC, adequate salary

ConsNo transparency on promotions and rewards, no strong career path, disjointed internal structure, lack of strong leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementClarify promotions and career paths. Set an example with actions and better inspire your team

Great starting point for a career!

Content Specialist (Former Employee) Foster City, CA

ProsLots of experience to the marketing world

ConsYou are limited in your creative abilities.

Avoid at all costs

Digital (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsSomewhat flexible work from home policy. Lots of vacation. Great people.

ConsTerrible soul sucking company. Crap salary. Long hours. Idiotic management. Disconnected structure. Lazy morons get promoted while the ones actually doing all the work languish in roles. Random short sighted layoffs. I've watched this go from a pretty good company in the last 5 years to one sinking rapidly.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit.

Great entry level job

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThis is my first job and it's a great experience. Everyone is young and really fun to be around and the work environment is very cool and casual.
    - The kitchen is always stocked with orange juice and milk.
    - People work from home a lot. My friend was able to work half way across the country for weeks to be near her friend. I think as long as she did her work no one seemed to care.
    - There is always a ton of free cereal.
    - Management really listen.
    - People come in late as long as work is done it seems okay. Lateness isn't so frowned here, people known for coming in after 10am are promoted as long as they do a good job and are friends with the right people. Be friendly and stop hiding in your desks people!

ConsIt's good for entry level but maybe not much else. I'm a little embarrassed to tell people I work with e-mail. I hope the experience here will help me land a better job doing what I really want but I don't know how to express all I do is e-mail.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. They are doing a good job as much as I can see.

Worked for Acxiom Digital? Contribute to the Community!