Acxiom Reviews

Reset
2.9
Acxiom President & CEO Scott E. Howe
Scott E. Howe

Pros
  • It's possible to work from home (in 48 reviews)

• It's easy to have a good work life balance (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management hires outside consulting companies to make decisions for them (in 16 reviews)

• Lay offs every time the wind blows (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Incredible Employer

Former Employee - Global Products and Solutions in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Global Products and Solutions in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Acxiom part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing remote and telework options. Great HR Practices Amazing systems and cutting-edge technology and IT capabilities. Great work atmosphere. Extremely agile organization - realign resources efficiently to meet client and stake-holder needs.

Cons

I Honestly can't think of any. If you work hard you can pretty much choose your team and type of assignment.

2. Great company that has lost direction

I worked at Acxiom full-time

Pros

Fantastic people and company is in the middle of the most exciting part of marketing. Does a great job delivering for clients. Very generous vacation policy and benefits.

Cons

Constantly under expense pressure which pressures staffing through reductions in force or low to no raises. If you aren't in the new part of Acxiom, you definitely feel it.

Advice to Management

Pick a path and pursue it. Invest in marketing beyond LR and AOS. Make sure you hire people who understand the business, not media.

3. Acxiom

I have been working at Acxiom full-time

Pros

Good pay, good location, decent benefits

Cons

No structure and many many changes in upper management

Advice to Management

Help employees succeed more if possible.

5. Technical Engineer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Acxiom

Pros

Easy going ... Seem to be ahead of most corporations in the respect of allowing technology based employees work remote.

Cons

Stagnant pay. No annual increases. If you are a current employee and remote, check current laws for your state regarding accrued vacation .... when I left I LOST all accrued vacation time. Evaluate cost of living and provide annual bumps ...

Advice to Management

I believe as of this writing, manament and ownership of the IT section of Acxiom is in flux. Hard to say in what direction "new" management will take them.

6. Account Executive

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive

I worked at Acxiom (More than 3 years)

Pros

Greatly enjoyed being a part of my sales team and direct sales leadership. Strong product and solution mix. The company has a healthy reputation within the industry, which helped build credibility when approaching new business. Benefits were decent.

Cons

A lot of change in upper management through the years. At times Senior management was not well aligned with the direction and background of our division within the organization as a whole. Compensation and merit opportunities fairly capped out and all over the board.

Advice to Management

Create a standard compensation structure for your sales team, to reduce animosity among peers, as well as motivate individuals to advance.

7. Not the worst place

I have been working at Acxiom full-time

Pros

Good people, relaxed work environment, decent benefits

Cons

Too many layoffs, shaky job security, underpaid workers

Advice to Management

Find a new business model! The cycle of layoffs and hiring is terrible for morale and efficiency.

8. Corporate Recruiting Specialist

I have been working at Acxiom full-time

Pros

Excellent working environment, excellent work-home life balance, excellent benefits and working conditions. Overall I think Acxiom is an outstanding business to work for.

Cons

I can only think of 1 con in working here and that is remembering to have my badge with me at all times. But security can't necessarily be seen as a con, can it?

Advice to Management

Keep expanding in the way we have been thus far. Acxiom is growing and will leave everyone else behind if they don't get on board!

9. Associate

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Manager in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Manager in Conway, AR

I have been working at Acxiom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment; business casual.

Cons

Behind on pay for long time associates; lots of recent leadership changes

10. Good company needing direction

Current Employee - IT Director
    Current Employee - IT Director

I have been working at Acxiom (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great products and people. Operate much like a consulting company, which provide you with many experiences with many different clients, making for a challenging and entertaining work.

Cons

Confused on the direction of the company. Have made some tactical errors that have caused revenue to be impacted. Layoff over the years has caused a work environment that is difficult to deal with at times.

Advice to Management

Stop with the hire / fire cycle of layoffs. Stop repeating the same mistakes because of all of the reorgs that cause managers to have to relearn what another person has already learned... let's grow as a company and move forward.

CEO and CFO causing a lot of churn

Current Employee - Product Manager in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Acxiom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

For Arkansas, Acxiom has been a great employer for many working here. The average tenure here must be at least 10 years. Also very good is the flexible working conditions -- from home, flex schedules, time off, ... Friendly (mostly) people working in the company.

Cons

There have been many oscillations in Acxiom since the current CEO and CFO (both based in California) took over. Every few months, there seems to be a surprise : major leadership changes, company direction changes, layoffs, ... The frequency & magnitude of changes is creating a perception that there is not a competent captain steering the ship. What got me to write this review is a recent announcement from the CEO to "plan a fantastic celebration" of a sales leader "as he joins the ranks of Acxiom alumni". Whoa! This is a pretty harsh & humiliating way to let someone go. The sales leader was well respected for many years here.

Advice to Management

Is the board paying attention to what the CEO and CFO are doing -- in grinding away shareholder values month by month?

RSS Feed </> Embed