Acxiom Reviews

Reset
2.9
Acxiom President & CEO Scott E. Howe
Scott E. Howe

Pros
  • It's possible to work from home (in 48 reviews)

• It's easy to have a good work life balance (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management hires outside consulting companies to make decisions for them (in 16 reviews)

• Lay offs every time the wind blows (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Incredible Employer

Former Employee - Global Products and Solutions in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Global Products and Solutions in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Acxiom part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing remote and telework options. Great HR Practices Amazing systems and cutting-edge technology and IT capabilities. Great work atmosphere. Extremely agile organization - realign resources efficiently to meet client and stake-holder needs.

Cons

I Honestly can't think of any. If you work hard you can pretty much choose your team and type of assignment.

Overall Great Company to work for.

Current Employee - Data Architect in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Data Architect in Little Rock, AR

Pros

Family Oriented and very flexible work environment.

Cons

There is alot of overtime.

Advice to Management

Don't change the work from home idea. This is why several people stay.

3. Used to be a good place to work, not Acxiom's fault but the economy is bad.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Conway, AR

Pros

The ability to work at home most days of the week. Downsizing is a possibility in the near future although I can't say I am that worried about it. Acxiom’s latest study delivers insights into how media influences shopping behavior within specific consumer segments and retail categories.

Cons

Acxiom employs the Birkman method for personality types in Conway. Wearing a personality type on your nametag might help in teamwork but is not necessarily a morale booster.Spin the wheel to learn more about the power of life stage segmentation. Discover where you and your customers fall within the 70 PersonicX clusters.

Advice to Management

Working in emerging technologies I fear that the downturn in the retail economy is a hamper to our overall career growth. Layoffs are becoming rampant. Not necessarily a good place to intern either.

5. Stronger everyday

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Pros

People care about each other here. Great market presence and leadership. Doing some interest technical and business model changes.

Cons

Industry went through some tough times over the past to years and no one in the company was exempt. Even though pay and 401k were cut they have been almost reinstated.

High tech environment with team members who care

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

Pros

excellent team members (smart, supportive, team work emphasized) work/life balance valued interesting work customers among Fortune 100 global focus community involvement supported

Cons

benefits good/not great some disconnect between locations

Advice to Management

New leadership should solicit input from top performers.

I enjoy being employed by Acxiom and find it to be a rewarding, fair and full of opportunity.

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Conway, AR

Pros

Opportunity for advancement High reward for high work ethic Close to my kids school and my home Flexibility to get my work accomplished and balance home life

Cons

It can sometimes be hard to maintain the proper work and home life balance. But my leaders do encourage this.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the careers of our greatest assets - our associates. Show them committment to this each and every day.

A pleasant work environment and great place to learn

Current Employee - Systems Engineer\architect\admin in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer\architect\admin in Conway, AR

I have been working at Acxiom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1) work environment 2) infrastructure is good 3) management is good 4) People are superb 5) Great package 6) Work timings are flexible 7) Great place to learn

Cons

Most of the things that is being presented has been very good and satisfactory, can't think of anything that is not satisfactory

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

9. Great people, great company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

I have been working at Acxiom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment. People really seem to care about each other. Great services and solutions for clients which has made us successful for so many years! we work hard but we also play hard. Fun in the workplace is encouraged. Very involved in the community, giving back to others. Host annual associate appreciation days plus other events like on-campus tailgate party.

Cons

Last few years were tough (like it was with a lot of companies due to the economic downturn), but definitely moving forward to a brighter future!

Advice to Management

Let's stick with our strategy & direction.

10. Excellent company to work for.

Former Employee - Service Desk Specialist in Conway, AR
    Former Employee - Service Desk Specialist in Conway, AR

I worked at Acxiom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are very friendly and easy to work with. They also give access to free education. Lots of jobs are always available for advancement.

Cons

Many people have worked there for years without an increase in salary. They need better communication between teams.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the service desk - this is the backbone of the company, and they need pay raises too!

11. Ever wonder what it is like to work with the most amazing people in the industry? I don't have to wonder anymore.

Current Employee - Help Desk in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Help Desk in Conway, AR

I have been working at Acxiom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The strongest Pro for me has been the familial atmosphere. As a fresh college graduate, I was apprehensive about working for such a large company. The team made me feel from day one as if I belonged there. I work with talented individuals who are strongly committed to our core values. I consider myself lucky to belong to this company, and to this team. I have yet to work with someone who was not as committed to getting a satisfactory resolution to any situation we face.

Cons

I would like to see our Team Leaders receive more recognition for all of their efforts. They not only motivate us to do our best on a daily basis, but also deal with the myriad of pressures presented to them in a graceful way.

Advice to Management

I am very excited to see where the future takes us! We have a strong leadership team in place, and the lines of communication from the top are wide open and humming.

RSS Feed </> Embed