Acxiom Reviews

Reset

1. VP

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The company has great potential for market dominance. Smart people. Hard working and loyal team.

Cons

Poor leadership. Lack of concern (no communication) or recognition (raises) for employees who have worked hard and remained loyal through the tough times. Salaries are lower than industry average and goals are unrealistic based upon lack of innovation and slow to market products. Loss of great talent as of late due to lack of executive vision and leadership.

Advice to Management

Recognize employees who HAVE stayed and performed. Raises are necessary to keep talent and make them feel appreciated. Those who remain can help you hit future goals if rewarded properly. Adjust comp plans to reflect market value. You will continue to lose talented people if you don't course correct. Stick with products that customers need to run their businesses better and try not to be all things to all clients.

2. Software Engineer

I have been working at Acxiom full-time

Pros

Work From Home Bosses are understanding

Cons

Some times Acxiom has layoffs

3. Campaign Operations Manager

Pros

Flexible work schedule and WFH options

Cons

No company culture. You do your job and go home.

5. Be careful

Former Employee - Sales Executive in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Acxiom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Historically Acxiom had great people with tons of experience. CEO has tried to dramatically change the business model so there are a lot of newbies. Overall it's a smart group of very nice people.

Cons

Can't figure out a growth model. Lots of promises made to The Street. Multiple strategy changes in the last 4 years including a dramatic shift away from its core database business. Database is back in vogue after determining SaaS model could not replace the revenues. Some really bad and very expensive hires at senior levels. Now a new crop is in. Tough to have confidence it'll find its way.

Advice to Management

New is not always better. Hire from within. There are very smart leaders who deserve a look, could grow the biz and just can't get noticed.

6. Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive in Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Providence, RI

I have been working at Acxiom (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the employees below the most senior levels work really hard to support our clients. I have always been impressed with the quality and work ethic of Acxiom employees. I was once a client of Acxiom. I really liked them and they liked me, so I went to work for them.

Cons

This company is in transformation to a company embracing digital marketing. We can't decide what to do with the core data base business. One minute we seem committed. Next minute not so much. I have had 4 managers in 6 months- lots of change. Also, the company is not very diverse - surprising given our Fortune 500 clients. I also spent several years as a manager but was never evaluated or compensated for my management skills. Crazy! Not a lot of thought given these days to career development.

Advice to Management

You have good people who deserve more respect! Your focus is only on the revenue. You have driven lots of good employees to our competitors and now they sell against us.

7. Digital Solutions Coordinator

Current Employee - Digital Content Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Digital Content Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Acxiom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The option to work remotely is a plus and the people at Acxiom are very talented at what they do.

Cons

The overall moral has been low for a long time, you'll find yourself being over worked, and there is no budget for any raises or room for professional growth.

Advice to Management

To improve on retention, invest in good employees who can match your core company values and offer growth within their positions.

8. analyst

Former Employee - Analyst in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Analyst in Downers Grove, IL

Pros

Good people to work with.

Cons

Not enough money spent on training to keep employees skills current.

Advice to Management

Need to emphasize and sell support for newer technologies.

9. Great company that has lost direction

I worked at Acxiom full-time

Pros

Fantastic people and company is in the middle of the most exciting part of marketing. Does a great job delivering for clients. Very generous vacation policy and benefits.

Cons

Constantly under expense pressure which pressures staffing through reductions in force or low to no raises. If you aren't in the new part of Acxiom, you definitely feel it.

Advice to Management

Pick a path and pursue it. Invest in marketing beyond LR and AOS. Make sure you hire people who understand the business, not media.

10. Acxiom

I have been working at Acxiom full-time

Pros

Good pay, good location, decent benefits

Cons

No structure and many many changes in upper management

Advice to Management

Help employees succeed more if possible.

11. Technical Engineer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Pros

Easy going ... Seem to be ahead of most corporations in the respect of allowing technology based employees work remote.

Cons

Stagnant pay. No annual increases. If you are a current employee and remote, check current laws for your state regarding accrued vacation .... when I left I LOST all accrued vacation time. Evaluate cost of living and provide annual bumps ...

Advice to Management

I believe as of this writing, manament and ownership of the IT section of Acxiom is in flux. Hard to say in what direction "new" management will take them.

RSS Feed </> Embed