Acxiom

Acxiom Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Acxiom President & CEO Scott E. Howe

Scott E. Howe

Pros
  • Good work life balance with the ability to work from home when imperative (in 46 reviews)

• Work/life balance is the best part of the job (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • No bonuses unless in sales or extreme upper management (in 13 reviews)

• Pay cuts for everyone too, with no criteria for attaining again (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Good

Research Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible hours, training classes, benefits are fair

ConsNo loyalty, overtime not compensated (depending on department)

Better be perfect

Digital Content Specialist (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsDecent pay, amicable coworkers, horendous management, unnecessarily laborious training regimen.

ConsIf you make a mistake, you are history.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a little bit of lenience on your Content Specialists. They are human, they will make mistakes. Do not fire them the second they misspell a word.

Lax working environment

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsWork from home policy very lax (3-5days/wk OK with most managers)
    Tasks not very demanding
    Lots of exposure to different tools (due to lack of specialization of labor)

ConsPolitics over everything
    Management
    Teams never try to cooperate
    Lack of technical skill or interest
    Lots of layoffs
    Constant team changes and shuffling

Advice to Senior ManagementHire real consultants to improve your technical staff and workflow who have real exit plans on how to do project handoffs

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Rewarding early in my career. Good company if your on an account with a stable long term account

Solution Developer (Former Employee) Downers Grove, IL

ProsA challenging company with many fortune 500 companies. Can learn many different programming languages, 3’rd party applications and system environments depending on clients’ size and needs.

ConsA Business company, they will cut their employees based on clients service level agreements. If your client leaves you need to find another client quickly or your let go. No loyalty to their employees!

Advice to Senior ManagementShow some loyalty to employees who worked and contributed to the companies success.

Acxiom is a very down to earth, flexible place to work.

Release Engineer (Current Employee) Conway, AR

ProsI have been able to learn a lot about various different parts of software development since I've been here. Aside from the professional development, salary, and benefits. Acxiom also provides you with the ability to work from home whenever you need. Ample paid time off and an extremely casual work environment. It is a great place to have a rewarding, minimal stress, life-long career.

ConsThis hasn't affected me personally, but there has been several layoffs across the company that generally seem to be poor planning/training on management's part. As well as positions for those laid of being replaced almost immediately by less experienced employees. This only furthers my belief that the lay offs are due to poor planning.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen considering job roles you have to not only take into account the role's purpose, but also much like in software, the role's life cycle. You have think about not only what the role will immediately provide, but also you have to plan how the role will evolve and how the skills that the employee filling that role will develop can be transferred to a new position when their current one is no longer needed. No job security is eternal, and companies have to start considering this if they want their business to be.

Good company to work for with flexible Schedule

Decision Support Analyst (Current Employee) Downers Grove, IL

Pros- Flexibility to work from home
    - Adjustable timings and nice work ambiance
    - Knowledgeable co-workers and great training materials

Cons- Lots of meetings
    - Unstable work culture
    - Frequent Lay-offs

Advice to Senior ManagementReward the talented workers often and they will stay with the company

Awful and incompetent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExperience for resume. Get in and out in 2 years at most.

ConsMassive round of layoffs to bankroll CEO Scott Howe's 4 million dollar payraise.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow's about trying to manage something? Most managers have reached the level if their own incompetence.

Technologically boxed-in with your job

Solution Developer (Current Employee) Conway, AR

ProsFlexible hours, and the ability to work from home are great. The executive team is enthusiastic and team leaders treat their people well.

ConsPay is below national average. Raises are small, and promotions to the next level within the job role aren't transparent. Overall, even though the execs are excited, the company feels like it's just standing still. And if your team has been using the same tech for 10 years, you'll likely keep using it for the next 10. There's no forward-thinking "what's this solution going to look like in 5 or 10 years?" type of engineering/architecting. No career growth potential that I can see.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace new technologies and branch out to more than just data marketing. Think bigger, global, and about ways we use data tech to better humanity. Nobody wants more ads, and I don't know anyone that doesn't use AdBlocker (or equivalent).

Big Company, but Small Company Feel

Senior Decision Support Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsUnbelievably flexible for a large company. You are responsible for your work, but can really work at any time. As long as you are well liked by the client.

ConsThis is a large company so there are hoops to jump through.

Good place to start an IT career.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood place to start an IT career. Provides a good understanding of data management and technology. Pretty good benefits and work environment. People you work with is the greatest pro of the company.

ConsSalary is below median. It may be thought that since it is HQ'd out of AR it should have lower than national average salaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook to the talent that is already in the company. There are many solid performers that can contribute to the transformation of the company for its next iteration.

Worked for Acxiom? Contribute to the Community!