AdRoll Reviews

Reset
4.1
AdRoll CEO, Founder Aaron Bell
Aaron Bell

Pros
  • This company is growing really fast, great atmosphere (in 6 reviews)

• Great product, promoting office culture and a work life balance, all the food -snacks you can eat , Social events (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing so fast that it's not easy to know everyone on a personal level (in 4 reviews)

• Absolutely no work life balance to be found (in 4 reviews)

1. Truly unique company in the tech. sector

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AdRoll full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Although I ultimately decided to move on from AdRoll to contribute to an alternative business venture, AdRoll has been and will remain the BEST company I have ever worked for in what has been a lengthy career so far. The leadership team is incredibly smart, open, transparent, and clear about the strategy and direction of the company. The culture that they have built is one that is truly unique. From the top down the values are integrated in every decision made helping to focus accountability for the entire team. Transparency and the willingness to be self-reflective individually and as an organization is truly something that the entire team values and is critical to the success of the company as they continue to adapt and lead the market. AdRoll is that "unicorn" company in the marketing technology space that I am more than confident will not only survive, but win the race.

Cons

The company is aware that the location of the office is centrally located, but not on the best block in the city. It can, at times, feel uncomfortable walking in that area. That said, I can appreciate the company making sound financial decisions by staying there.

Advice to Management

Continue transparency and access to all levels of management as the company grows.

2. Overall company review

I have been working at AdRoll (More than a year)

Pros

AdRoll is an awesome place to work - they hire good people who are supportive of those around them. Hard work is rewarded, and a healthy work/life balance is encouraged.

Cons

Office is on a less than desirable block in San Francisco, BUT at the end of the day, it's located in the city, and that's all that really matters :).

Company culture is like having another family

Current Employee - Team Lead in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Team Lead in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AdRoll full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started out when the company was still fairly small, and have watched it grow to our largest in 2013. The teams at AdRoll collaborate together and strive to embrace a great atmosphere to work in. If it wasn't for the culture at AdRoll, I wouldn't be working here. Yes, there is opportunity for career growth if you seek it out. Managers genuinely care about my well-being and goals. Exec team is conscious of culture and company's current limitations. They constantly want to improve.

Cons

Teams are young - so senior experience is needed. Company needs more diversity.

Advice to Management

Provide more insight to compensation - currently, there are no sources/facts to show how this is structured. More development opportunities. I know we're working on this, but more available times/classes would be helpful since it is a young company.

Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AdRoll

Pros

Fun culture, awesome, smart people who are all friends and hangout together
    Minimal stress
    Relatively strong transparency from Management
    Investing in the right teams and ideas
    Greatly understand the market and how to best differentiate
    Welcoming environment
    Relatively great benefits

Cons

Sales comp plan is confusing and unclear, especially in how to prioritize accounts and ultimately get paid the most.
    Office politics trump performance
    Promotions based on unclear factors
    Playing catch-up to faster moving competitors
    Minimal SDR/Lead Gen efforts -- the best closers still need to source new business, usually starting with a cold intro email/call.
    Increased attrition impacting morale
    Questionable career development opportunities

Advice to Management

Bring on a strong, impactful, and direct manager to lead the Sales team and inspire confidence.

Restructure the comp plan so it's clear how your talented, hungry salespeople can make the most money (for themselves and the company).

You are a fantastic company, sell your employees better on just why that is so they're more fired up.

Wow

Former Employee - Graphic Artist in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Graphic Artist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AdRoll

Pros

Hmmmm.....hmmm...hmm...hm...hmm...yeah..sorry..not sure. I like the old building and the creaky floor boards.

Cons

Very young people...too young..too many people looking at their phones

Advice to Management

Get a better mix of people..not just young people..stop trying so hard to be young.

Launch your career and learn from the best at AdRoll

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AdRoll full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You would be hard pressed to find a better senior management team. The executives at AdRoll have not only hired a team of pros to put this company on track, but have also internally groomed and promoted some great Directors leading various departments. My personal favorite has been our Director of Operations, who is an unending source of information, recommendations, and help.

I've also made some pretty good friends here along the way. The quality of people that get hired here is amazing. It's a great place to start your career and couldn't recommend it enough.

Cons

Not really a "con" as much as it is a reality. The company recently refocused its efforts in the SMB market. It's going to be a while until they have things figured out, through trial and error, and it will be quite a grind for that group of employees until they see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's already lost some good people to the shuffle and I predict it will lose some more. In the end, it will be worth it, once the dust settles and that group has it's processes figured out.

Not a great place to maintain a career, unless you are looking to switch roles and move around departments when the opportunities come up. Most people end up leaving to advance their careers or make a different move.

Amazing company with lots of room to grow.

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AdRoll full-time

Pros

Evolving industry, humble leadership team, work-life balance, and fun culture

Cons

Trainings and processes can be improved - lots of changes happening with product, releases, etc. and can be challenging to stay up to date when selling.

Advice to Management

NA

Great place to learn

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at AdRoll full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always something to do, always something to learn. Put in the time and you will be rewarded.

Cons

Work life balance is talked about a lot but it is difficult to fully obtain here. Workload can be quite tremendous at times.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing keep being positive and continue keeping everyone motivated.

A fantastic place to come to work everyday.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AdRoll full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with the company almost 2 years and there's a lot to love about AdRoll. I think management puts a lot of effort into making AdRoll a great place to work. They know that employees are what makes everything tick and do a great job of keeping people engaged. It's a performance culture and fast paced environment that really pushes you.

Great leadership and direction
    Innovative product
    Competitive pay
    Awesome culture and really smart employees
    Generous benefits and PTO
    Cool office space in downtown SF
    Stocked kitchens - healthy snacks
    Company values that everyone is held to
    Weekly all hands meetings
    International offices
    Young company - plenty of opportunity to make a positive impact

Cons

6th & Mission St. location is a pro and con. Convenient location but there are definitely some sketchy people outside. Company has security and also reimburses for rides after dark.

Advice to Management

It's a competitive space so keep pushing hard on product and keep the bar high for talent. It's been a great ride so far and looking forward to another big year in 2015!

What started out promising has morphed into a race to profitability- no matter the cost to the employees

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at AdRoll full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are nice for the most part. Snacks, drinks, etc. Monthly happy hours, weekly lunches and dinners.

Cons

Not enough focus on employee happiness or pay. Would rather see AdRoll profit than it's employees, as evidenced by new compensation plan. Seems like they want people to quit on their own so they don't have to do layoffs and pay them out. Refuses to make up for technical glitches that affect a salesperson's achieving quota. Very stern mentality, with little regard to sales team (I can only speak to sales team).

Advice to Management

Act like you care about your team rather than being afraid of your own bosses. Pay employees well- they are what drives AdRoll's growth. A manager should be going to bat for their team- not explaining their bosses' mentality every time something comes up.

RSS Feed </> Embed