AdRoll Reviews

Updated September 13, 2014
4.3

AdRoll CEO, Founder Aaron Bell
Aaron Bell

Solid company with strong leadership that cares about it's employees and clients

I have been working at AdRoll full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been with the company almost a year and I still enjoy coming to work! I actually love my job and the people I work with and for. This company works hard to interview and hire good people. Not just smart and talented people, but people that will mesh well with the culture. Leadership really works hard to insure the company and the culture is happy and healthy. They genuinely care and it shows in their actions and words. The leadership is transparent and are actually well grounded and down to earth people. I can speak to any of the executives about almost anything and not feel like they are speaking down to you, they are all approachable and will engage with you. Working for AdRoll actually gives you the feeling you are helping to build something great and your work / contributions benefit the companies march towards something bigger and better.

Cons

The only real con is the location of the office. It is not in a desirable part of the city. Lots of "walking-zombies" in the area you often have to step over or walk around. The company however is mindful of this issue and is insuring the safety of the employees with some helpful perks. Leadership is actively looking for a new location.

Keep doing what you have been doing. You have been making many solid and well considered decisions and the company continues to grow and thrive as a result!

Great combination of opportunity, product, and culture

I have been working at AdRoll full-time for less than a year

Pros

-- Very energetic and fun culture with big emphasis on teamwork and collaboration.
    -- Weekly all-hands meetings with amazing transparency into the company's plans, financials
    -- Very approachable management team
    -- Full compensation package (salary, health benefits, pre-IPO equity), on par or better than many much larger, public companies

Cons

-- Not necessarily a 'con', but going through rapid growth phase (including international) which presents some unique challenges.
    -- While the office itself is great, the surrounding neighborhood can be a little dirty and dodgy
    -- We also have a solid 401K plan with Fidelity, but don't have employer matching (yet)

Great people, culture and opportunity

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AdRoll full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people at AdRoll are some of the highest caliber I've had the pleasure of working with. People here work hard, collaborate, and celebrate each other's successes while helping each other to grow both personally and within their career.

Cons

Moving up through the organization is a little nebulous.

Keep it up!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome company!

Current Employee - Business Intelligence Intern  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AdRoll as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Amazing work environment, great people, awesome benefits, company is very generous. We get paid holidays and lots of other great perks.

Cons

I really have no cons for AdRoll. One time we didn't even hit quota and they still gave us tickets to Outside Lands (a huge concert in San Francisco). I hope that as they continue to grow and thrive they continue to keep the personable environment of a small start up.

Keep on keepin' on

Challenging, Fun, Rapid-Growth

I have been working at AdRoll full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing hyper growth, international and domestic growth, diversifying the product offering

Emphasis on core values reinforces hiring standards and client service levels

Culture and people are incredible - intelligent, hard-working, fun

Core product sells itself, performs extremely well across most channels and verticals

Lots of potential for upward growth and career development

Cons

Office is in a shady part of SF but the company has hired a security team and offers to cover taxis home at night

Less than optimal internal tools can lead to long ramp up times in the sales org (AEs and AMs)

Product marketing team has yet to be developed which can create confusion selling new products

Disparity in work/life balance across departments - some are 9-5 while some still work 11 hour days

Keep culture paramount and get a product marketing team built as soon as possible!

Nowhere else I'd rather be!

I have been working at AdRoll full-time for more than a year

Pros

AdRoll affords people a fantastic opportunity to grow both personally and professionally.

From the top down, people trust you to perform highly in your role and allow you the freedom to explore other areas in the org that you may be interested in.

I could not think of a better place to work or better people to work with. It's a blessing to be able to come into work each day to work/play with people I love.

Cons

As the company grows opportunities to distinguish yourself are not just given out as they used to be. They are only afforded to those that are actively pursuing them.

Come work with smart people, make an impact, and enjoy coming to work everyday

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AdRoll full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great at promoting from within! As a rapidly growing company, there is ample opportunity for anyone that raises his/her hand to take on extra responsibility and grow.
    - Insanely fun, intelligent people. This company is serious about maintaining the awesome work environment; People are extremely motivated and hungry. Walking the floor you can feel a tangible buzz of energy. AdRollers are also fun, down-to-earth people, and we throw some of the best company happy hours, events, and off sites.

Cons

- Having to walk through the not so up-and-coming part of SoMa to get to work
    - As with any startup in a hot space, you must be comfortable with rapid change, ambiguity, and uncertainty. If you can't learn new processes, systems, and products fast, it might not be a great fit.
    - AdRoll is starting to feel more like a big company, which, of course, has it's pros and cons. At a company growing as fast as AdRoll, it's no longer the type of company where you know everyone's name.

- Would be great to get more guidance on long-term career management.
    - I'd love to see a greater commitment to internal communication and processes to keep us all in the loop as we continue to change and grow so rapidly.

Great culture, great people, great opportunities

I have been working at AdRoll full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are warm and friendly and culture isn't just represented by a mural on the wall....it's legit and it's something everyone seems to care about nurturing...from the top down. People seem to care a lot about holding themselves accountable. Employees are crazy smart and work really hard and the exec team is super approachable and friendly. Opportunities seem abundant. There's a lot of internal movement, promotion, and growth. Everyone is action and results focused from small things like addressing safety issues in the neighborhood, to the larger, business focused initiatives. If you are a hard worker, and you genuinely care about doing a good job and being part of a team, then you'll love it here and you'll feel appreciated and challenged.

Cons

It's hard to come up with anything super negative.....The office isn't in the greatest neighborhood (but lots of effort has been made to address this, like offering Uber rides home when necessary, a security guard, and a team that helps to suggest different parking and valet options). Relative to some other start ups, the food and in-office perks aren't that excessive, but there's a good selection of stuff.

Keep focusing on culture and on hiring great people. Growth makes it hard to maintain your values, but if you continue to hold yourself and your employees accountable for doing just that, they'll keep the culture alive.

Growing pains abound

I have been working at AdRoll full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly, young people. If you fit the demographic, worked at Google or were ever in a frat, it's a great fit. Another bonus though are the quarterly spiffs and snacks.

Cons

No approval or clear career path processes whatsoever and employees don't feel like they have any autonomy at all. There is a fierce clique culture that is visible at the management layer. If you were not an Adroller in 2012, don't expect to be a part of it or ever see truly upward growth. The company moves too quickly and people at the company are visibly unsure of the products future.

Slow down and see what the company is becoming. You can't sell everything to everyone but you do have a chance to excel at what you're good at and keep valuable employees. Stop making the organization too top heavy and trust your employees.

Awesome people, values and company!

I have been working at AdRoll as an intern

Pros

Super transparent, amazing people, everyone has a mentor mentality

Cons

Nothing bad I can think of!

Worked for AdRoll? Contribute to the Community!