AdTrack Reviews

3.5
Dan Rogers

1. Great family/work balance

I worked at AdTrack

Pros

This place was fun to work at. Great family/work balance, one-off dog visits welcome, and casual dress. Management supportive of allowing IT staff to learn and grow. If you needed to leave early for a family function, no problem as long as you were willing to work a little late if there was a client emergency -- beyond fair. T-shirt, khaki shorts and flip-flops were a plus. I would recommend them to a friend if they were in a position to start hiring again.

Cons

I really enjoyed my time at this company. I can't really complain about anything other than the fact that the company ended up in a position where they had to incur a reduction in force and let, in my opinion, good people go.

AdTrack's work environment supports team collaboration and professional development

Current Employee - Director of Marketing Communications in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing Communications in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at AdTrack

Pros

AdTrack allows employees to take on as much responsibility as they like. If you're a go-getter and want to tackle new ideas that support the company's strategies, then you are allowed to "go for it." Management also does not load so many priorities on your desk that you won't be able to succeed.

Employees must be self-reliant. Your boss will collaborate with you on your priorities and then you're expected to execute.People who can't function without paint-by-numbers instructions will not thrive.

After some years of staganation, the company has set new and clear strategy for the future.. It is putting the pieces in place to get where they want to go. This is a result of upper management changes within the past two years. The vision is external driven to meet the demands of the marketplace. New processes and tools are being implement that has resulted in a culture change that some long-time employees took some time to adjust to. New products are being introduced that will solidify relationships with current clients and attract new clients.

A new sales team was put in place two years ago. They have made great strides in the last two years to focus on the best possible clients that are a good fit for AdTrack. The sales team is not micro-managed. The sales manager has one weekly meeting with the sales team to set their priorities and then the sales team is left to execute. Of course, they can ask for guidance, as needed.

The account management team, some who have been here for a long time, has long been recognized for their attentiveness to clients. Surveys conducted with clients identify account management attentiveness as one of the best things about working with AdTrack. In the past, the account managers lacked some knowledge and training to meet market needs, but within the last six months new training programs have been implemented to upgrade their knowledge base.

Employees work together as a team. They pitch in and help each other on big projects or to brainstorm new ideas. A few times a year a white collar worker may need to help in the warehouse when the shipping workload increases.

The company is very supportive of employees with families. Employees aren't stressed when they have a sick child because time is given allow employees to stay home and care for sick children. We have a lot of working parents on staff.

Cons

Some of our computer equipment could use upgrading, but a new IT manager is in place. The new IT manager is auditing IT needs to make improvements. The decor is a patchwork of old office furniture and a bit bland, but servicable. The company invests its money in products and people.

Continue your movement into the future. Coach the employees who may have culture change issues to keep them moving forward.

3. Small Company with Excellent Opportunities and Room for Growth

Current Employee - Marketing Professional in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Marketing Professional in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at AdTrack

Pros

Work Life Balance
    The greatest thing about AdTrack is the flexibility and attention given to work life balance. Schedules can be flexible to allow you to take of non-work items. Coworkers and Supervisors understand that you have out of work commitments and are honestly interested in non-work related activities.

Opportunities for Growth
    For interested individuals, there are always projects that are available to challenge you and lead to growth. You have to be willing and able to be a self-started and ask for insight and help. However, the environment allows you to grow and learn with new projects. Most of the projects I have worked on I would never have had the opportunity to even know about in a different company.

Accessibility of Senior Management
    Senior Management is always available and ready to help. The CEO, Dan Rogers, takes active interest in the day-to-day business of each client as well as the employees of AdTrack. Whenever I have a concern or a difficult task I know that I can go and discuss it with Dan or any of the senior management.

Encouragement of Continued Education
    I am currently pursuing my MBA. AdTrack has been very flexible with my work schedule to allow me to take additional classes and my coworkers and supervisors show interest and encouragement for what I am doing. I have been able to take my education into the conference room and discuss concepts with senior management who has significantly more experience than I do. Additionally, I have been able compare the theoretical of classwork with the actual of business not only at AdTrack but in understand how our clients operate.

Small Company Environment with Big Company Knowledge
    AdTrack is a relatively small company but you have the opportunity to work with much larger companies and their large company concerns. All the perks of a small company, like really knowing your coworkers and getting to be involved in lots of interesting projects, are married very successfully with the perks of understanding the business environment and challenges of a large company. Additionally, the business concepts that you are exposed to at AdTrack are very advanced marketing and sales practices that many an MBA program spends years teaching.

Cons

AdTrack is a relatively small company and therefore if there are personality clashes or difficult coworkers, they are hard to avoid. This is not, by the far, the smallest company I have worked for and I find it is big enough to allow you to work well with individuals who you do not meet eye to eye.

Continue to maintain good relationships with current and previous employees.

AdTrack is committed to the success of their employees and clients

Current Employee - Manager in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Manager in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at AdTrack

Pros

It has been my experience that AdTrack is a place where relationships matter. Relationships with employees, clients and the community.
    AdTrack has a long history of multi general employees. Fathers, who have since left the company recommend their daughters for employment, and AdTrack hires them. People leave AdTrack for other work and then later want to come back. Often times AdTrack says yes.
    AdTrack encourages Account Management to treat clients as an extension of the company. It is not uncommon for clients to stay in contact with Account Managers even after they leave the company. One of AdTrack’s leading sources of referrals is from clients.
    The CEO Dan Rogers is accessible. Employees can ask questions through an intranet suggestion box, and Dan Rogers has a blog where he discusses issues of the day. Yearly an all employee survey is taken and the results are shared with all employees.
    AdTrack is adding more clients than ever before. They are different, smaller clients, but AdTrack is adapting. I like working at a small company where I know everyone, am appreciated and can make a difference.

Cons

Difficult to escape negative employees.

Continue to stay close to clients and employees.

AdTrack: What's Left of a Good Idea.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at AdTrack

Pros

Working for AdTrack might be advantageous for a self-starter in the truest sense in that very little instruction and/or direction are given upon employment; one is truly left to their own devices when implementing and managing client workload. Another clear benefit to working for AdTrack is the appreciation gained for former/future places of employment, their practices and ongoing opportunities.

Cons

Demoralization: At the management level, I find it highly demoralizing to be required to clean the employee break room. Being let in on this tidbit after accepting employment was especially fun for me. Perhaps the individual responsible for hiring me thought that I acquired my degree from White Castle? "I'm terribly sorry, Big Name Client of mine, I can't service you at the moment, it's my turn to clean the break room." Just one of many "cost-cutting" options employed by a rapidly dwindling company.

Dingy Workplace: Along the same vein as above, employee workstations within AdTrack are unkempt. Allegedly, a cleaning service makes rounds after hours, but employee "testing" indicates that carpets are never vacuumed, wastebaskets rarely emptied, and steer clear of the office coffee machines (which you will be charged for - $.50 per cup or $10.00 per month - no freebies at this joint.).

Glaring Lack of Management: High level employees function somewhere just below capacity; most unable to navigate internal systems and clueless as to standard client procedure. Pretty, vacant faces leading confused worker bees toward a honeycomb that may or may not exist.

New Man On Campus: AdTrack took a noticeable turn for the worst when former CEO, Henry Nicholson, stepped down and passed his role in the business to Dan Rogers. Henry was invested in his business, and it's people, which was evident in employee morale and client feedback. Mr. Rogers' directive appears to be cosmetic; he has a concise track record of running companies into the ground by driving lofty new business and disregarding reliable old business. Old business, and referrals from old business, being the backbone of the industry, it is plain to see where the downfall takes place. AdTrack is, unfortunately, quickly becoming no exception.

Get out while there's still a market for you (it's too late for me).

Priority: A catalyst for narcissistic professional growth; client growth a distant 2nd.

I worked at AdTrack

Pros

Working at AdTrack provided me with an appreciation for the other companies with which I've held employment in addition to a realization that you can only go up once you've worked there.

Cons

This small company lost it's passion, purpose, drive and mission when it's former CEO retired. The company is now utilized to promote the agenda of a senior managment with no clear mission and path other than to drive their personal business growth through title acquisition and unsubstantiated upward mobility. True talent exists within the steel-framed walls, but is overlooked and often punished.

Work for the clients... not for yourselves.

AdTrack, confusion in the ranks

I worked at AdTrack

Pros

The only benefit I found working at AdTrack were the friends I made during my time there. The employees are always willing to lend a helping hand or a supportive ear when needed.

Cons

Upper management continues to show its utter lack of knowledge and commitment to the employees. There is no formal training because no one knows how things are to be done. One person can show you one way to do things, and another can show you a completely different way. Bottom line was neither way accomplished to goals you were looking for and it took nearly double the amount of time and energy to fix the mistakes made. There is hardly any recognition for a job well done, and the only people who have a chance to move up in the company are those who will back stab, brown nose and take credit for someone else's work.

Replace all of senior management with people who know what they are doing.