Adams Communications & Engineering Technology

Charles M. Adams

False Promises

Former Employee - Help Desk Technician  in  Batavia, NY
    Former Employee - Help Desk Technician in Batavia, NY

I worked at Adams Communications & Engineering Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Simply responsibilities associated with the position. Just required to provide Tier 1 computer help desk support for callers throughout the day.

Cons

Company was very discrete when changing policies concerning job performance and benefits offered to employees. Often what was promised was failed to be enacted or changed with proper notification to workers.

People like transparency and concise communication that provides the details of the situation involved. Changing policies and benefits offered to employees without informing them of the impending change is wrong and unfair to workers.

Short term contractor, thought the money spent on décor was embarrassingly over the top

Former Employee - Contractor  in  Aberdeen, MD
    Former Employee - Contractor in Aberdeen, MD

I worked at Adams Communications & Engineering Technology as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

They paid me for the work I did.

Cons

Conflicting instructions from the project manager and my supervisor. Everyone knew the project manager was asking for the impossible (everyone but me) so they paid lip service and did something else. I was trying to address the standards I was given and it was an impossible task. Finally realized no one else did what the PM wanted.

The office décor was ridiculously over the top. Ten kinds of while leather chairs and couches. The seats get stained by blue jeans and dark pants. Every office has a company provided work of abstract art. Can't put anything on the walls to make your office less than a show room. The desk cost 8 grand each, the credenzas 6 grand. Outrageous use of money. For those who don't warrant a 6 grand credenza, you don't have the option of less expensive furniture....because it wouldn't match. So you are stuck with no place to put your papers. Great for employee efficiency, when look is far more important than function.

This is an office, not an interior decorating showcase. I mean, really?.....WHITE FREAKING LEATHER? Insane

Seek other opportunities.

Current Employee - Service Desk Technician  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Service Desk Technician in Austin, TX

I have been working at Adams Communications & Engineering Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary
    The beginning salary was desirable

Cons

Management
    The management at the NSD Help Desk is a laughingstock.

Time-off Policy
    The process of taking time-off is absurd. Requesting time-off is a difficult task to do (even when you have PTO hours).

Raises
    Raises only come once a year, and once you've scored a perfect 5/5 on your annual review, don't expect any more than a 3% raise.

Learn to manage.
    Learn to communicate.
    Value your employees and what they have to say.
    Create incentives for your employees.
    Create a face-to-face relationship with your employees; possibly put aside time for one-on-one meetings with your employees.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good pay and benefits, hands off management

I have been working at Adams Communications & Engineering Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Appropriate Pay and Good Benefits

Cons

Not aware of what is occurring within the organization. Allowed PM to be the only feedback of what was happening in the program and did not pay attention that the PM was failing his job responsibilities.

Listen to all personnel, pay attention to the feedback of lower level employees and check on customers to be sure they are being well served.

Rotten From the Top Down

Former Employee - Recruiting  in  Waldorf, MD
    Former Employee - Recruiting in Waldorf, MD

I worked at Adams Communications & Engineering Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

The office accommodations are excessively lavish and space is plentiful. High turnover equals no attachment to co-workers.

Cons

Scandal, cover-up, selfish and sour management.

Hire experienced management to manage, then get out of the way.

Worst company I have ever worked for!

Former Employee - Specialty Desk  in  Falling Waters, WV
    Former Employee - Specialty Desk in Falling Waters, WV

Pros

The benefits were very good and the pay was decent. The fellow co-workers were very nice while they were there which wasn't very long.

Cons

When I started there were probably 12 people on the contract I worked on. Within the 12 months I worked there 8 of us had quit. Senior management is horrible and they treat the employees like children. They frequently changed policies. The HR department went through at least 5 people in the 12 months I worked there. If you are sick you have to have a Dr note or you will get written up. We were told in an email if you have car trouble you need to take a cab to work no matter how far you live. If you have a sick child find someone else to deal with it because this is not a reason to miss work. Just to take a day off you are required to submit 2 weeks in advance. We were threatened with termination is we discussed our benefits which breaks federal law. We were told we would be off all federal holidays that changed within 2 months. They are quick to write you up even if you do as you are told. Avoid at all costs they treat their employees horribly!

Rework your structure and take a look at your project managers.

ACET provides an opportunity for people to grow and make a contribution!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Aberdeen, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, MD

Pros

Excellent working environment. Owner really invests in his employees. The company values and rewards hard work, and they try to keep you on even through the hard times in the DoD market right now.

Cons

No specific cons. There have been challenges in the competitive market, but ACET is adapting to ensure the company's growth continues.

Continue to weather the storm of DoD budget challenges and ACET will be stronger and more efficient when the DoD stabilizes.

Wonderful growing company with passionate leadership

I have been working at Adams Communications & Engineering Technology full-time

Pros

Visionary leadership with sincere commitment to employees. Keen insight on opportunities within the defense, intelligence and Veterans community. Empowered leadership with hands on involvement with corporate staff and employees

Cons

As with any growing company - there are always some pains in processes associated with change. Once they made a crucial senior executive change - you heard a huge sign of relief that was heard around the globe!

Company culture and values are extremely high. ACET is unquestionably one of the best places to work in government contracting.

Lacks direction in all aspect of a fuctional support center

Current Employee - IT Support
    Current Employee - IT Support

I have been working at Adams Communications & Engineering Technology as a contractor

Pros

If you can manage to get a title in this place, you can relax and do nothing.

Cons

lack direction, lack technical expertise, lack motiviation for ethical workers, lacks focus and experience. You complain about anything, you will get let go. Even if you speak the truth about upper management or senior staff. Hard to get promotion, because no one cares to notice anything that you accomplish. The more ideas you provide, means that more work for management, which is a no no in this company

Hire experienced management. Slackers and dead beats run this place, bunch of idiots that do not even know any IT but, get the position to play muscle games

Dysfunctional and incompetent. Professionalism is extremely lacking.

I worked at Adams Communications & Engineering Technology

Pros

Benefits were decent in most areas and it was a stable pay check. Despite the companies many shortfalls they do have some good people working for them (worker bee average employee).

Cons

It starts at the top with the owner who apparently has no moral compass. Management is severely lacking in technical knowledge, leadership (lead by example), and respect for their employees. The worst HR staff I've ever encountered. Turnover of their employees is "extremely high" and career progression is non existent. They are trying to advertise their expertise and experience as a Cyber Security driven company but they are really a run of the mill basic technology company.

Show respect and appreciation for your staff, after all, they are the ones who make you, and in-turn, the company profitable. Listen to your employees. Rely less on your employees technical experience and knowledge by ensuring that you are as technical in your understanding of IT and Cyber Security. Above all, remember that a good leader leads by example. If you show true leadership your employees will respect you and work hard for you. Its a win-win!

Worked for Adams Communications & Engineering Technology? Contribute to the Community!