Adams Communications & Engineering Technology
www.adamscomm.com Belcamp, MD 150 to 499 Employees

Adams Communications & Engineering Technology Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014
Adams Communications & Engineering Technology – Aberdeen Proving Ground – “Aberdeen Office”

Charles M. Adams

Good pay and benefits, hands off management

ProsAppropriate Pay and Good Benefits

ConsNot aware of what is occurring within the organization. Allowed PM to be the only feedback of what was happening in the program and did not pay attention that the PM was failing his job responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to all personnel, pay attention to the feedback of lower level employees and check on customers to be sure they are being well served.

Worst company I have ever worked for!

Specialty Desk (Former Employee)
    Falling Waters, WV

ProsThe benefits were very good and the pay was decent. The fellow co-workers were very nice while they were there which wasn't very long.

ConsWhen I started there were probably 12 people on the contract I worked on. Within the 12 months I worked there 8 of us had quit. Senior management is horrible and they treat the employees like children. They frequently changed policies. The HR department went through at least 5 people in the 12 months I worked there. If you are sick you have to have a Dr note or you will get written up. We were told in an email if you have car trouble you need to take a cab to work no matter how far you live. If you have a sick child find someone else to deal with it because this is not a reason to miss work. Just to take a day off you are required to submit 2 weeks in advance. We were threatened with termination is we discussed our benefits which breaks federal law. We were told we would be off all federal holidays that changed within 2 months. They are quick to write you up even if you do as you are told. Avoid at all costs they treat their employees horribly!

Advice to Senior ManagementRework your structure and take a look at your project managers.

ACET provides an opportunity for people to grow and make a contribution!

Aberdeen, MD

ProsExcellent working environment. Owner really invests in his employees. The company values and rewards hard work, and they try to keep you on even through the hard times in the DoD market right now.

ConsNo specific cons. There have been challenges in the competitive market, but ACET is adapting to ensure the company's growth continues.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to weather the storm of DoD budget challenges and ACET will be stronger and more efficient when the DoD stabilizes.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful growing company with passionate leadership

ProsVisionary leadership with sincere commitment to employees. Keen insight on opportunities within the defense, intelligence and Veterans community. Empowered leadership with hands on involvement with corporate staff and employees

ConsAs with any growing company - there are always some pains in processes associated with change. Once they made a crucial senior executive change - you heard a huge sign of relief that was heard around the globe!

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany culture and values are extremely high. ACET is unquestionably one of the best places to work in government contracting.

Lacks direction in all aspect of a fuctional support center

IT Support (Current Employee)

ProsIf you can manage to get a title in this place, you can relax and do nothing.

Conslack direction, lack technical expertise, lack motiviation for ethical workers, lacks focus and experience. You complain about anything, you will get let go. Even if you speak the truth about upper management or senior staff. Hard to get promotion, because no one cares to notice anything that you accomplish. The more ideas you provide, means that more work for management, which is a no no in this company

Advice to Senior ManagementHire experienced management. Slackers and dead beats run this place, bunch of idiots that do not even know any IT but, get the position to play muscle games

Dysfunctional and incompetent. Professionalism is extremely lacking.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits were decent in most areas and it was a stable pay check. Despite the companies many shortfalls they do have some good people working for them (worker bee average employee).

ConsIt starts at the top with the owner who apparently has no moral compass. Management is severely lacking in technical knowledge, leadership (lead by example), and respect for their employees. The worst HR staff I've ever encountered. Turnover of their employees is "extremely high" and career progression is non existent. They are trying to advertise their expertise and experience as a Cyber Security driven company but they are really a run of the mill basic technology company.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow respect and appreciation for your staff, after all, they are the ones who make you, and in-turn, the company profitable. Listen to your employees. Rely less on your employees technical experience and knowledge by ensuring that you are as technical in your understanding of IT and Cyber Security. Above all, remember that a good leader leads by example. If you show true leadership your employees will respect you and work hard for you. Its a win-win!

Struggling company having an identity crisis in dire need of change

(Former Employee)

ProsA few very smart, talented individuals.

ConsWeak leadership who doesn't know what they're doing. Unhappy employees. Inadequate ability to identify, recruit, retain and develop people. VERY nepotic, disconnected culture lacking integrity. The influencers have cultivated a fearful environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the incoming experienced talent do their jobs.

This company in other words, forfeits long-term value for short-term cost efficiency.

Help Desk (Current Employee)
    Tuscaloosa, AL

Prosflexibility, and that is all

ConsHR is horrible. NO ONE knows what is going on, and you will get a different answer from everyone. They supposedly change the policies without informing employees, and they will do anything to save money, mostly and the employee's expense. Manager's ignore employees and do not reward for good performance. Raises are not performance based and promotions are based on who you know, not what you know. The politics in this company are pathetic, and they definitely do not practice equal opportunity for all employees.

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on your employees

Avoid this company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThank GOD I had a job for the time that I had it.

ConsSmall company, Terrible Benefits and PTO, and the complany CEO and Wife are going through a divorce which is causing company-wide instability.

Terrible management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompany has some decent benefits

ConsManagement along with HR do not treat you like human beings. They do not listen to you, help you in any way, or accommodate any employees. Employees are basically treated like trash. No wonder this company has such a high turnover rate. Giving your employees good benefits does not automatically make you a good company to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with some respect

Worked for Adams Communications & Engineering Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Adams Communications & Engineering Technology reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Adams Communications & Engineering Technology CEO Charles M. Adams. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Adams Communications & Engineering Technology employees.