Adams Grayson

2.2

MARK MORSHEIMER

Great all-around consulting/staffing provider

I have been working at Adams Grayson

Pros

A dynamic and experienced staff (most of whom have been with the company for 3-5 years, minimum), willing to help clients and one another consistently... a 24/7/365 attitude unmatched by competitors in the local and national marketplace... consistent opportunities for professional and personal growth... a recognized legal, financial and professional services leader for more than a decade running.

Better than those sentiments is the trust that our client roster places in us, as shown by repeat busines from law firms, corporations and vendors alike, year after year. What started so many years ago as LegalSource has blossomed into something greater, and something even more central to the DC legal and professional marketplace.

Cons

The hours can be long at times; those unprepared for having their Blackberries on at all times may struggle. Ordinarily, those who've come from traditional 9-5 jobs have had the roughest starts. And the AdamsGrayson website needs retooling-- it's hard to know who it is benefitting, presently.

Instituting semi-annual meetings would be an important way of ensuring employee feedback. Along those same lines, employees would probably benefit from (or at least appreciate receiving) additional perspective as to corporate objectives and perspectives.

Not Enough Work

Current Employee - Attorney in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Attorney in Washington, DC

I have been working at Adams Grayson as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Convenient location, good amount of overtime, high pay rate

Cons

Long hours, very intermittent work, spartan working conditions, no notice for when work will come (I got a call at 11:00 AM one day asking if I could come in at 2:00 PM).

Get more work for your people. When you have people working, keep them informed about the client's schedule. Too many times I was told at the last minute that the client needed a certain goal to be met by the end of the day, which meant that we had to stay late and cancel any plans we might have had. This was extremely frustrating since someone knew the deadline was there and just didn't tell us.

If you are a barred attorney not the place to be

Current Employee - Contract Attorney in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Contract Attorney in Washington, DC

I have been working at Adams Grayson

Pros

Steady work and paid weekly. Projects are with Fortune 500 companies or large firms. Free Soda and food. HR Recruiters are also very pleasant

Cons

Work may end at any time. Never given enough notice for overtime or when project terminates. Low pay and disorganized.

Give employees a chance to give feedback once the project ends. Also clean bathrooms and kitchen more than once a day to ensure work place is sanitary.

Dysfunctional small business

I have been working at Adams Grayson

Pros

Good location- right in the middle of downtown.

Cons

Completely dysfunctional organization. Zero leadership capabilities from all levels of management. Unrealistic expectation for work to be the priority- above all- in employee's life. Absolutely nil trust in workforce to do their jobs competently.

The employees need to feel empowered, trusted and appreciated in order to do their best work. Trust isn't a factor of how long an employee has worked there, but from a reliable and dedicated work ethic over a (realistic) extended period of time. If you hire the right workforce and then give them the room to excel, they will exceed your expectations. Instead, managers try to squeeze the most out of the employees by giving them the least. This is backwards and is why the workforce (and company) is stagnant rather than growing.