Adams Thermal Systems

Mike Adams

1. good job

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Canton, SD
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Canton, SD

I have been working at Adams Thermal Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Career Development - There are a lot of opportunities for career development. ATS provides educational reimbursement, scholarships and internship programs
    Skill Development – opportunities for moving around and learn different skills
    Compensations - The pay and benefits are competitive.
    Healthy living – provides state of the art gym for free and motivates employees to lead an active and healthy life style.
    Philanthropic works

Cons

no cons at the moment

Advice to Management

good work keep it up

2. great job

Current Employee - Welder in Canton, SD
    Current Employee - Welder in Canton, SD

I have been working at Adams Thermal Systems full-time

Pros

I learned a lot and was a good experiance

Cons

no cons at the moment..

Advice to Management

keep up the good workes mates

3. I have been working at Adams Thermal Systems full-time

Skill Development – opportunities for moving around and learn different skills
    Compensations - The pay and benefits are competitive.
    Philanthropic works
    Employee hardship assistance – the company gives and also motivates coworkers and other employees to assist a fellow coworker in need.
    Volunteerism – motivate and provide incentive to its employees to volunteer and give back to their communities.
    Participate in charitable activities through its not for profit foundation called Adams Thermal Systems Foundation (ATF) to alleviate poverty locally, nationally and internationally.

I have been working at Adams Thermal Systems for more than 5 years. I have started working at the production floor as a production associate and worked my way in to current management role. ATS gave me an opportunity to do my intern while I was going to college and subsequently grow in to a professional job and best carrier growth opportunity. I was given great amount of freedom and responsibility, with essentially no micromanagement from superiors. I was trusted to do quality work, and made to feel like a contributor in my team. Another plus was that I was given a wide array of responsibilities, allowed to move to different departments which enabled me to learn and grow in various fields. I have learnt different processes and management systems that I have never learnt in my college education.
    I highly recommend ATS for job seekers because they not only provide stable employment but they offer educational and training opportunities to develop your skills.

Cons

I have no cons to share. I have great experiance

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

5. Quality Inspector

I have been working at Adams Thermal Systems full-time

Pros

Nothing positive to say about this company!

Cons

Many awful place to work, abusive management the owner is a hypocritical person who use his power to humiliate people and runs a slave camp!

Advice to Management

You are dealing with human beings not machines!

6. interesting

I worked at Adams Thermal Systems full-time

Pros

good pay, close to home, good co- workers, management ok, nice hours

Cons

never know if they are gonna give you a raisse or if your gonna work a full week

Advice to Management

keep employees more informed on thing instead of last minute notification

Good learning experience. I learned a lot in the IT department.

Current Employee - IT Department in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - IT Department in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Adams Thermal Systems

Pros

Lots of hands on learning experiance and amazing pay. And I could go work out whenever I wanted to because they had a gym there

Cons

There was really any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up good work

No quality for the products or even employees

I worked at Adams Thermal Systems

Pros

There is no Pro comments for this portion as this business does not care about employees, benefits, or even their products that they sell.

Cons

There is no quality. Management and HR do not care about employees nor quality of the product. This company is failing miserably and employee turn over is very high as they are now hiring temps to replace senior workers.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring so many temps and take care of the long term employees who have been dedicated to their jobs and also start to impose quality on the products that you provide.

Dangerous for your health

Former Employee - Evaporator Core Builder/Clamper in Canton, SD
    Former Employee - Evaporator Core Builder/Clamper in Canton, SD

I worked at Adams Thermal Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers were nice, I liked my floor supervisors.I liked that I could support childern from another country with food for the hungry with my paycheck and adams would meet half of it. You do make a lot of money. I appreciated the experience I gained there.

Cons

Corporate management team doesnt seem to care about well being of floor level workers. Floor management team I enjoyed, but we all did not like higher ups. We worked in horrible hot sweltering temperatures up to 119 degrees with ovens at our backs so it could get higher. In my area, Evaporation core building there was this white aluminum dust in the air and many people suffered from it including me. I signed up to work 40 hours 4 days a weeks, but turned into a nightmare after 2 months when they upped our hours and we would work 7 days a week, once 3-4 weeks in a row. My team was the fastest core building team on 2nd shift, but numbers got lower bc they didnt give us a day off to rest resulting in 66 hours or more avg a week.It was ridiculous. My cousin was a team lead and one week I know for sure he worked over 79 hours. He would have shouting matches with higher ups bc they put unrealistic demands on the people and as a good leader he wanted to stand up for his team. Im surprised they didnt fire him but it goes to show they are in dire need of good help. The human body can only take so much. I had wanted to stay years with this company but my doctor told me I should quit bc my lungs were being affected. I would have raspy breathing and also have horrible bleeding noses. I was in my early twenties by the way not old by any means. I vomited a couple of times in this harsh environment. I became one of the best core builders and clampers despite the conditions but I was stubborn and I like to be the best at my job. I was disappointed I had to leave my job bc things just keep getting worst as they put in a second iven right next to us. My supervisor had this temp laser gun where he could shine at certain areas and some spots reached up to 120 degrees in our work area stations. We are supposed to get extra breaks when temps are this super bad but the office judges it by walking in their air conditioned area and the temps outside the facility. Seriously that sucked. They should judge it by the manufacturing floor like the areas my supervisor shines his light in. This company is rated one of the most dangerous to work for and I agree completely. After I left my health got better within one month. Previous people who quit also reported the same. There is no life when you work there, my personal life was not even there. There was only sleep, work, eat with the ten-12 hour 7 days a week they gave us. Other areas of the plant are a bit better, but still. I was impressed with my co workers who work so hard but with the hours upped and harsher eniviroment our group morale truly fell. I hope and pray that this company soon changes there ways simply because the employees there do need their jobs, but cant speak up for themselves. I researched South dakota laws and there was hardly any thing there to protect us from such hours and treatments.

Advice to Management

Maybe put in a built in vacuum or something to suck up dangerous dust.. the health of workers deteriorate as you expect them to wear long sleeves and masks in 110 degree weather. listen to lower level workers more, they work like slaves for you in terrible temps. Give workers the rest they need so they can be rejuvenated to work. Put in more cooling fan for evap workers and oven workers, not just for coolness but for breathing room. This company Ceo claims to be Christian so take please care of the poor hardworking humans in your plant, not just people in other countries.

Management has many issues they don't want to solve

I worked at Adams Thermal Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not many "pros" when I was employed there.

Cons

Very high turnover rate caused by complete lack of management. My biggest complaint is the CEOs need to supplement his philanthropic efforts at the cost of 401k match, raises, and bonuses. Quality of product was very poor with little desire to fix the manufacturing issues that leads to this poor quality. I'm surprised they still have the large scale customers they do; although most of these customers will be finding their products elsewhere when the competition can support the product demand.

Advice to Management

Lost cause.

No morals

I worked at Adams Thermal Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly people, great pay, and tons of overtime.

Cons

No quality, poor HR team, thick buddy system, lack of leadership, and a failing business.

Advice to Management

Quality before Quantity!

RSS Feed </> Embed