Adams & Associates

Updated November 16, 2014
Updated November 16, 2014
2.1

CEO

I do everything to achieve high expectations

Current Employee - Carpentry in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Carpentry in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Adams & Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

to push others to achieving there goals once there on track and to not look back at the negativity from the past. and also for more experience on new things and what you already know.

Cons

learning things for the first time.

respect and appreciation

Do no work for this company....

I worked at Adams & Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Helping at-risk teens and young adults....Being able to watch them grow to be productive citizens.

Cons

This is the worst company to work for. They do not back up their employees. Its all about the numbers. They work their employees to the bones and pay little over minimum wages. You give then 100% and they want 150%. They are never satisfied.

Work with the employees. Get to know them personally. Don't take what the management says as the final word.

Company that doesn't support their employees

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adams & Associates full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people I managed were terrific. We had a great team of 8 managers and an admin assistant. We all worked well together and as a team.

Cons

Management and corporate office are non-supportive. They set you up to fail and treat employees badly, thus a high turn over. They go through managers, staff and directors bi-yearly. Terrible working conditions and low pay unless you are a center director.

Start treating people better, you might actually keep some of the good people. Pay more.

Gain good experience working with high school students with challenging needs.

Current Employee - Dorm RA in Laurel, MD
    Current Employee - Dorm RA in Laurel, MD

I have been working at Adams & Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you are willing to work hard and want to move to different areas then they provide you the opportunities to do so.

Everyday you can make a difference in some kids life who don't have all the resources to be successful.

Cons

Tough work environment as you are working with kids who don't come from the best environment -inner city, low income

It was an experience that thought me a lot knowing that I help one student meant a lot to me.

Former Employee - Test Administrator in Woodstock, MD
    Former Employee - Test Administrator in Woodstock, MD

I worked at Adams & Associates full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Seeing the students obtain a High school diploma and GED, along with a trade. That was my joy in coming to work every day knowing that I help one student.

Cons

Work hours to long, and too many meetings and trainings. Have to be in the click to fit in.

Some management need to attend management training. Advocate for their staff and to be fair and honest.

Adams & Associates is hired and contracted by DOL to manage various Job Corps training facilities.

I have been working at Adams & Associates

Pros

Working with the students is a very rewarding experience.

Cons

Working with Middle/Upper management is not a rewarding experience. Favoritism within middle/upper management in terms of hiring, reviews, bonuses; lack of professionalism in communicating with staff; positively rewarding/acknowledging staff.

Practice what you were hired/contracted to do. Follow the CSSRs.

The worse professional working environment I have ever experienced!

I worked at Adams & Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Interacting with the students and lower/medium level staff.

Cons

NO TRAINING! They throw you out to the wolves and expect you to just get it. No communication, incompetent upper level staff, Lots of lying and throwing others under the bus. and from what I can tell from the other posts here, its was not only my center. Firings left and right without cause, it's no wonder there are always new employees. The turn over rates are horrible!

No one can do their job properly, if they are not properly trained. Better training = better job performance!

Job Corps

I have been working at Adams & Associates

Pros

Helping young people living at the center.

Cons

Political hindrance when helping the young people

I hate it..currently writing my resignation letter

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Callicoon, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Callicoon, NY

I have been working at Adams & Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with the students. That's it

Cons

Everything, unfairness, starting from HR right down to regular ft staff. certain rules apply to certain people. They treat you like crap and dont appreciate nothing you do for them especially managemeny. They act like they are better than you. I would never recomment this company to anyone!

Follow your own guidlines you put out there. Star treating people fairly and you'll have positive results.

Review by Current Employee

I have been working at Adams & Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The medical benefits are competitive. There's opportunity to make a positive change in the lives of our youth. There is also great opportunity for networking.

Cons

The company makes it very clear through action that they do not care about their employees. The only reason there is always opportunity for advancement is because the turn over rates are so high. The company treats everyone like they are replaceable and that's why they keep having to replace them. Lack of communication is a consistent issue. The salaries and wages are extremely low. The company does not give any reason for employees to be loyal.

Make staff believe that they have value and they will add value to your company. You will never get the best out of someone by kicking them when they are down. If you help build people, they will help build you! Don't ignore the people beneath you when they are telling you the changes needed.