Adaptive Computing

Robert A. Clyde

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Small company, great atmosphere

I have been working at Adaptive Computing full-time

ProsBecause of the small company it allows you work on different projects and be involved in a number of things. You can feel like your input is valued and that you actually make a difference to helping the company to succeed. Good people to work with.

ConsAdaptive is struggling to please large customers, often bending over backwards to please them and get revenue before the end of the quarter. If sales by a few customers are not met it messes up the entire quarter or year. There was never any mention of raises or promotions - no career path. A good place to work for a period until you find something better.

Good company, great co-workers, stressful environment.

QA Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Adaptive Computing full-time

ProsGood people to work with. Good product, just needs to be refined and enhanced - which is an on going project.

ConsAC has one main customer. When that customer has a problem everyone has to drop what they are doing to cater to that customer. This can cause dates to slip. If that customer doesn't pay when expected this causes revenue to be down and management gets upset and layoffs happen. Customer base needs to be expanded.

Formerly great company that's started to flounder

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Adaptive Computing full-time

ProsThe engineering department is staffed with great people who really know their stuff (I can't speak directly to other areas as I didn't work on that 'side of the fence' as it were). The benefits and flexibility in workdays are wonderful. The direct supervisory managers are really great.

ConsSince taking outside venture capital investments for the first time in it's history recently, things have become more stressful and communication between groups has begun to break down under short sighted profit motives and for the first time turf wars. "Finger pointing" didn't really occur until outside upper management was brought in.

Advice to Senior ManagementDitch recently implemented performance metrics that line employees aren't even generally aware of. Make better use of the skills of employees and stop seeing them as only having the skills due to which 'box' they are in by group and title.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Provo, UT

I worked at Adaptive Computing full-time for more than a year

ProsThis company is as at the forefront of it's field. With great people, a fabulous work to life balance and hard-working, yet fun atmosphere, I'd highly recommend Adaptive Computing to anyone seeking employment

ConsNot a fan of cubicles. In my department ideas were often squelched in the name of profits.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the skill sets you have in front of you. Sometimes I think you overlook those "underlings" who might be highly qualified for a job and instead focus on bottom line and turning profit. A small investment of time can go a long way in the future growth.

A great company to grow with.

I have been working at Adaptive Computing

ProsThe environment at Adaptive Computing is wonderful. We're a mid sized company with a small business feel. Pay is competitive, and the crowd you work with is great.

ConsCommunication between HR and the trenches leaves a lot to be desired. I think they're working on it though.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication between HR and the trenches leaves a lot to be desired. Keep the employees in the know, and they will be much more receptive to policy changes.

A great place to work

I have been working at Adaptive Computing

ProsAdaptive Computing has made it clear to me what my job responsibilities are, as well as given me the opportunity to take on my own projects to improve the software I work on. Even though I don't have seniority on my team, I am given important and interesting work to do, and I'm not forced to do the drudgery. I like the challenges I'm given as an engineer.
On the personal side, the company promotes a family friendly environment (almost all of the engineers have families they like to go home to) and has a great culture.

ConsThe only con I can think of is that this company needs each employee to be independent. All of the experienced engineers are fairly busy because of the amount of work we're trying to accomplish. If you don't feel comfortable learning and working largely independently, this probably isn't a good company for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think management needs to make sure that all open positions are made known to the employees, so that everyone within has a chance to apply for these positions as well. This is done now, but not every single time.

Worked for Adaptive Computing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Adaptive Computing reviews and ratings in Provo, UT — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Adaptive Computing CEO Robert A. Clyde. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Adaptive Computing employees.