Adaptive Insights

John Herr

Best. Company. Ever.

Current Employee - Vice President in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is a very special company. They present themselves authentically during the hiring process. They believe that company culture and attracting (and retaining) the right people are an indicator of company performance. This stems from found Rob Hall instilling this DNA into Adaptive from the start and protecting it along the way. The staff are super smart, driven, loyal, fun and friendly. Speaking of loyal, the core founding group of Engineers at Adaptive Insights still remain with the company - 11 years later! The leadership team is engaged, expert in their respective areas, accountable and deeply committed to the company's success. The company also embraces diversity - as a point of reference, close to half of the Executive Team are female. And there are tremendous opportunities for professional growth for employees within their teams, across functions and offices.

Cons

It's a very consensus-driven company so while the overall pace of the company and work remains brisk, in some teams the pace of decision-making can be delayed.

Keep doing what you're doing - it's working!

Awesome.

I have been working at Adaptive Insights

Pros

The people, the energy, the product. Honest.

Cons

Office location and more uptight.

Great company going through changes

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great opportunity. Great growth and solid management

Cons

The company is growing very quickly and will struggle to maintain the culture.

I worked at Adaptive Insights

Pros

new idea/concept about what the product does.

Cons

>>badly engineered product develooped by not good engineers led by not so good engineering head SVP.
    >> filthy culture/people in engineering dept
    >>if you are smart, you don't wanna work there. you maynn't be able to understand their fakes/lies/culture

Positive environment w/ management that welcome new ideas and give employees the opportunity to flourish in new roles.

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time (more than an year)

Pros

flexible schedule, good balance of fast-paced work with relaxed environment, strong team overall from new employees up to executive level, constant opportunities to take on new roles, encouraged to be creative and come up with new solutions to conventional work, fast-growing company with a great product and huge market opportunity, large group of enthusiastic partners and customer, encouraged to and given the opportunity to learn new skills

Cons

none -- fast growing company full of talented and motivated people with a very strong product and huge market opportunity. Head and shoulders above my previous employer.

continue to encourage and welcome new ideas, creative work, and give opportunities to people that allow them to grow within their current roles and/or into new ones.

Changes affecting culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great product. Great market opportunity. Great financial backing. Good mix of talent on staff.

Cons

Changing culture focusing more on $ and image instead of employee satisfaction, career growth, work life balance. Discouraging to keep working hard with not sign of change. Worker bees seem to have bulk of work with fewest rewards or recognition.

Pay attention to the people who helped you grow and don't just give new opportunities to "shiny new employees" from outside the company.

Great experience, work culture and employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Growing company, Successful, Friendly Employees, Surrounded by smart, talented people

Cons

With such fast growth and an upcoming location move, not sure if culture will or will not change

Adaptive Planning is a Top Tier Fast Growing Company Changing the Way Companies Plan, Analyze and Report!

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Worldwide leader in cloud-based business analytics solutions
    Great company culture and seasoned management team
    1500 customers and 400 partners worldwide
    Very happy customer base with high renewals

Cons

Increase internal company update communications. As we grow, it is no longer as easy to get together in a conference room and give cross-functional updates. Would be good to send out a quarterly update on the business.

Include more people in the company in the recruiting process as you grow! Keep up the great work!

Best company I've ever worked for!!

Current Employee - Marketing in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company, great attitude -- all in a great place to work. The company is in an exciting growth phase and employees -- many of whom have joined us from competitors -- seem to genuinely care about the entity they are building. Management is accessible and appears interested in the individual professional development of their team members as well as the overall success of the organization.

I've been impressed with the enthusiasm customers have about the product. One finance manager I met at our user conference joked she was "an Adaptive Planning junkie."

Cons

None -- wish I'd gotten here sooner!! Small downside of the company growing so fast -- having to switch offices 3 times in the year I've been here as we lease more space.

Keep up the good work. Very exciting time.

Great Place - small company feel without the stress

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Adaptive Insights

Pros

Excellent long tenured engineers with few egos. Absence of politics. Decent work. Virtually no turnover in engineering has helped continuity. Very decent management which tries hard to listen to what employees say. Very transparent in sharing company vision and direction.

Cons

Salary below average; a slight feeling that the company is a bit passive and tends to not look forward while making technology decisions. Work can be a bit boring at times. The lack of an aggressive charismatic leader sometimes is a deterrent to doing exciting things

Figure ways to compensate engineering better. It is possible the company needs an infusion of fresh blood. While continuity is good, it is sometimes incestous - need a new gene pool to get better results