Adaptive Insights
www.adaptiveinsights.com Palo Alto, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Adaptive Insights Reviews

Updated Feb 20, 2014

John Herr

Positive environment w/ management that welcome new ideas and give employees the opportunity to flourish in new roles.

Prosflexible schedule, good balance of fast-paced work with relaxed environment, strong team overall from new employees up to executive level, constant opportunities to take on new roles, encouraged to be creative and come up with new solutions to conventional work, fast-growing company with a great product and huge market opportunity, large group of enthusiastic partners and customer, encouraged to and given the opportunity to learn new skills

Consnone -- fast growing company full of talented and motivated people with a very strong product and huge market opportunity. Head and shoulders above my previous employer.

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue to encourage and welcome new ideas, creative work, and give opportunities to people that allow them to grow within their current roles and/or into new ones.

Changes affecting culture

Palo Alto, CA

ProsGreat product. Great market opportunity. Great financial backing. Good mix of talent on staff.

ConsChanging culture focusing more on $ and image instead of employee satisfaction, career growth, work life balance. Discouraging to keep working hard with not sign of change. Worker bees seem to have bulk of work with fewest rewards or recognition.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the people who helped you grow and don't just give new opportunities to "shiny new employees" from outside the company.

Great experience, work culture and employees

Mountain View, CA

ProsGrowing company, Successful, Friendly Employees, Surrounded by smart, talented people

ConsWith such fast growth and an upcoming location move, not sure if culture will or will not change

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Adaptive Planning is a Top Tier Fast Growing Company Changing the Way Companies Plan, Analyze and Report!

Marketing Director (Current Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

ProsWorldwide leader in cloud-based business analytics solutions
    Great company culture and seasoned management team
    1500 customers and 400 partners worldwide
    Very happy customer base with high renewals

ConsIncrease internal company update communications. As we grow, it is no longer as easy to get together in a conference room and give cross-functional updates. Would be good to send out a quarterly update on the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude more people in the company in the recruiting process as you grow! Keep up the great work!

Best company I've ever worked for!!

Marketing (Current Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

ProsGreat company, great attitude -- all in a great place to work. The company is in an exciting growth phase and employees -- many of whom have joined us from competitors -- seem to genuinely care about the entity they are building. Management is accessible and appears interested in the individual professional development of their team members as well as the overall success of the organization.

I've been impressed with the enthusiasm customers have about the product. One finance manager I met at our user conference joked she was "an Adaptive Planning junkie."

ConsNone -- wish I'd gotten here sooner!! Small downside of the company growing so fast -- having to switch offices 3 times in the year I've been here as we lease more space.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Very exciting time.

Great Place - small company feel without the stress

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

ProsExcellent long tenured engineers with few egos. Absence of politics. Decent work. Virtually no turnover in engineering has helped continuity. Very decent management which tries hard to listen to what employees say. Very transparent in sharing company vision and direction.

ConsSalary below average; a slight feeling that the company is a bit passive and tends to not look forward while making technology decisions. Work can be a bit boring at times. The lack of an aggressive charismatic leader sometimes is a deterrent to doing exciting things

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure ways to compensate engineering better. It is possible the company needs an infusion of fresh blood. While continuity is good, it is sometimes incestous - need a new gene pool to get better results

Worked for Adaptive Insights? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Adaptive Insights reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Adaptive Insights CEO John Herr. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Adaptive Insights employees.