Adcap Network Systems Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.5
Christine Versluis

1. What else can I say? It really is a big family!

Current Employee - Engineer in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Adcap Network Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I remember when I read the reviews on this site thinking, no way a company can really treat their people that great and have such a fun atmosphere where people work incredibly hard. Now having been here for over a year I can tell you working here exceeded my expectations!

Cons

Occasionally someone gets hired who sees the fun and flexibility at Adcap but doesn't understand that we work really hard to earn that right. They don't typically last very long so maybe we can do a better job of telling people that we only want more high performers on the team. This isn't just a play hard company, it is a WORK HARD then PLAY HARD company!

Don't Believe the Hype

I have been working at Adcap Network Systems full-time

Pros

There are free snacks and ping pong.

Cons

They pay well below industry average despite their advertisements. The sales apprentice program is a complete joke and you will get no actual training. There is a seriously high turnover rate, which speaks for itself. There are many lies told about how many people 26 years old are making 100K plus and none of it's true. Also, keep in mind you will receive a draw, not a base so you are working on borrowed money. The best part is, you are at the mercy of the owners mood and you never know which mood he will be in when he walks in the door. Most people do their best to avoid him all together.

Good Place...if they keep you

Former Employee - Senior Data Center Engineer in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Data Center Engineer in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Adcap Network Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Adcap was a great place to work. Lots of perks, but I have found that those who advertise the perks do so because they have to. I was paid decently at the base level, though bonuses were hard to come by.

Cons

The leadership team at Adcap is a tight-knit group. Some times that means if an idea doesn't come from within, it won't be heard. It also means, since there are familial relationships, that there is little challenge to leadership about anything. HR promises a lot, delivers a little. Advancement is very difficult.

Advice to Management

Revamp the HR department and the leadership structure, streamline the sales team.

Interning at ADCAP

Former Employee - Internship in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Internship in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

You are treated with absolute respect as just an intern in this company. You are VALUED: something I have not found in other companies. People around you want you to succeed.

Cons

None that I can think of. It is difficult going from college to working life, but this company was the perfect transition.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. We love feeling valued and having a say in decisions. I have loved my time here.

Entry Level Cisco Engineer

Current Employee - Entry Level Cisco Engineer in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Entry Level Cisco Engineer in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

I was hired through their Entry Level Cisco Engineer program. I thought the technical evaluation was fair - you need some understanding of networking for the written test, but you can totally self-study for it. They will also give you time to brush up on the topics a few weeks before the test. The company is on the smaller side so your work (or lack of thereof) is clearly visible. It also means that if you do well, you'll be assigned to bigger projects and can quickly advance your skills. They pay for your certifications, too. Overall, it's a great way to get your foot in the door if you have self-studied your way through Network+/CCNA and are now looking for that valuable experience. Expect to study/work hard with some ping pong time in-between.

Cons

I can't think of any. Free Starbucks and snacks, ping pong table - what's not to like?

Best Job Ever!!

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Lithonia, GA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Lithonia, GA

I have been working at Adcap Network Systems (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been a system at ADCAP for 5 years and counting. When I first started here, there were roughly 20 employees, and the company has grown nearly threefold since. I am fortunate to be surrounded by some of the most talented and knowledgeable engineers. Management provides all of the tools and training necessary for us to get our jobs done in an efficient manner; a trait that is absent at many other companies. Management is also cognizant of fact that the employees have families and lives outside of work, and is very accommodating with regard to scheduling, so that we all enjoy a good work/life balance; another trait that is lacking at many other organizations. Another good thing, is that the executive team/upper management, is always accessible, and always willing to address any issue that you may have. ADCAP also goes to great lengths to provide us affordable Health/Dental Insurance benefits. We also qualify to get unlimited PTO upon reaching 5 years of employment, which is unheard of. The free Starbucks coffee, and snacks in the breakroom is a plus as well. We also have fun events like Halloween parties, family days at Lake Lanier, and random catered lunches (always a plus). ADCAP is also very big on community service, as we volunteer with several organizations.

Cons

I can't really think of any.

Best Internship Experience!

Pros

Being an intern at ADCAP was such an incredible experience. Each day was something new, and I never expected to gain so much knowledge within a few short months! Very few internship programs provide the opportunity to report to a director, and that quality is what makes interning at ADCAP so unique. The overall work environment is welcoming and friendly, and other employees are always willing to help! Everyone is treated with a great deal of respect, and that's what made me love coming to work. If you are looking for an exciting internship that will help enrich your professional career, this is the perfect place to find one!

Cons

This isn't exactly a con, but the best way to get something meaningful out of an internship here is to express interest in the field you are working in. You'll get what you put into it.

Advice to Management

Thanks for providing such great career opportunities!

Business Development Representative

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Adcap Network Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great working environment, everyone looks out for each other and everyone helps one another succeed.

Cons

Honestly, if i could come up with a con they would mostly likely have already fixed it because Adcap is ever changing for the better!

Engineering

Current Employee - Engineering in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Engineering in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Adcap Network Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very hands-off atmosphere, no micro managing. Autonomics work atmosphere. Great fit for personality types that are self-starting and entrepreneurial.

Cons

I can't think of any at this time.

It has been a rewarding experience with the opportunity to develop in many different functional areas over the years.

I have been working at Adcap Network Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Adcap is a company where you have the ability to take on responsibility quickly if you show you can do the job. As a company of less than 100 people, everyone knows who is working hard and pulling their weight. There is a culture of work hard and play hard, but that does not mean everyone gets in early and stays late, it just means people work hard to get things done, then have time to go spend with their family or friends. It's in a nice part of suburban Atlanta, employees are a mix of younger and middle age, there are good amenities like snacks and drinks, and picnic tables under the shade of trees right out the back door. The company keeps growing bigger and adding people, and it is in an industry that is rapidly changing and competitive, so it's possible to make some good money.

Cons

There is not as much ability to move up into management position as there is at bigger companies because there are not that many managers. It's a pretty flat organization. I don't always know what the plans are for the future.

RSS Feed </> Embed