Adconion

Adconion Reviews

Updated January 29, 2015
Updated January 29, 2015
4.2

Adconion Chief Executive Officer / President & Executive Director T. Tyler Moebius
T. Tyler Moebius

Great Atmosphere!

I worked at Adconion full-time

Pros

While working at Adconion, I was fortunate to have worked with some great people while growing professionally myself. I'm grateful for the opportunities I was given. The atmosphere was great and with an open door policy, I felt I could talk to anyone about anything.

Cons

Implement more company wide training programs.

Communicate more with your team.

Jr. Systems Administrator

Current Employee - Junior Systems Administrator in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Junior Systems Administrator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Adconion full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people and atmosphere. Had some great experiences there, CEO cares about her employees more than any other company I have worked for. The pay is decent.

Cons

The work can become monotonous pretty fast.

Was once a great company, now just a shell of the former

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Adconion full-time (more than a year)

Pros

great perks, young environment, once you have been there 4+ years pay is good, fast paced, opportunity to grow horizontally, flexible work hours, lots of the color blue,

Cons

no transparency, low growth opportunities, the culture is forced, inexperienced middle management, products are smoke and mirrors, no real value in what you do, long long hours, playing favorites, grew too fast and had to downsize

help foster growth up not just across.

Senior Management are strong leaders

I worked at Adconion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is full of highly motivated young people. There are opportunities to work around the world in different offices

Cons

The office is pretty messy, and the management does not like to spend much of amenities

Clean up the office and really invest in the environment and amenities

AMAZING WORK ENVIRONMENT!

I have been working at Adconion

Pros

Fun, casual, positive environment. Flexible hours and telecommuting! Employees are incredibly smart, driven, ambitious and engaging! Everyone looks out for one another and sees each other as friends/family rather than just coworkers. The Company really strives to put employees first and act as a good faith employer!

Cons

Lots and lots of change - you have to be positive, resilient and able to adapt quickly and effectively in order to keep up! Young Management & Leadership which I think has hampered the Company's growth & maturity.

Love the overall energy and positivity Leadership brings every day! However, sometimes it can go overboard and is used as a means of glossing over serious issues with the business. Employees want transparency and honesty - not just hugs and smiles!

Constantly changing

I worked at Adconion (more than a year)

Pros

The Santa Monica office is nice

Cons

The company is constantly going through restructuring and laying people off
    Doesn't seem to have respect for their employees
    Found it very hard to move up
    Upper management doesn't listen

Figure out what you want to do and stick with it instead of changing every few months

All work and no play makes Homer something something.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Adconion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are generally nice, smart people.

Cons

Work-life balance is out of whack. Expected to be on-call 24/7. Great company if you are a workaholic, i.e. overworked and underpaid. Career growth stalls out and salary increases are put in bonuses so they can ding you for "not meeting goals" when the goals set are unrealistic. If you're in sales, you're treated like a king. If you're not, you're basically nothing.

Get more advancement opportunities for growth from non-sales employees.

Great Place

I worked at Adconion

Pros

Great atmosphere
    Fantastic coworkers
    Great opportunities to learn and take on own projects
    Holiday Parties, summer hours
    Compensation based on performance

Cons

Salary opps seem to only come at yearly review
    overly optimistic atmosphere overshadows landscape at times
    Hard to move up the corporate ladder

Keep up the good work!

Awesome company culture, people and opportunities!

Current Employee - Market Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Market Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Adconion full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Adconion Direct is a great company to work with for many reasons.

Firstly the company culture encourages teamwork and happiness. Special attention is focused on every individual to be passionate about their work and the management also reflects this message. Besides the enthusiastic celebrations given for birthdays, awards are given for hard work and dedication and there are always different events that occur to allow people to be acknowledged for their work. Also the way the management works with their associates to keep track of goals and to set goals helps immensely with understanding where you are going and how to get there. Besides the culture there are many people with actual knowledge and know how. Anything from technologies to advertising and in between, if you have an interest in those topics there will be someone with the knowledge to help you understand it! Most will be willing to take the time to teach you and management encourages exploration and researching.

The benefits are also phenomenal, don't know if it's a secret when you join the company but I don't pay for my medical insurance, wotcha! There are tons of events that happen that are not necessarily company related too, bowling nights, bar hopping, trivia night, physical sports, ping pong tables, fantasy football teams, constant nerf gun wars, knowledge sharing (Crush Talks) and much more. There are always things to do to get to know your coworkers and many people encourage friendships and bonding.

I am very young in terms of time spent working for companies but this is a very unique culture that works well and is very effective in getting teamwork and camaraderie rolling.

Cons

There are not many downsides but reading the other reviews given on glass door, you have to be prepared to give it you all and get ready to crush. When the going gets tough, the tough get going!

I think management is in a good spot. They work very hard and its not usual to find so many people working hard to be the best in the business but maybe that's why we are,

Like working for a mini Google – fast paced, digital media company, super fun environment, cares about their employees!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Adconion full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The best and most welcoming on-boarding experience ever! You truly feel part of not only a team but a family who is proud of the contributions that you make both inside and outside of the company. This is a place that encourages you to think outside of the box and actually lets you take your ideas and run with them! You truly have the ability to control your career path. Here you have the ability to wear your favorite band t-shirt, a pair of chucks, and still rock professional exuberance. It’s a fun environment where we truly do work hard and play hard (intense games of ping pong), enjoy celebratory birthday, anniversary, and goal reaching wheel spins, and most of all CRUSHING it in this industry!

Cons

This is not the place for people who don’t like change or hard work. This is a digital internet company and the internet never sleeps – one of our key ingredients for being successful is to thrive on action and relish change. Also, the temptations of celebratory lunches, sweets, snacks, and beverages.