Addella Reviews

Updated August 12, 2014

4.2

Luc Hebert

Fantastic Experience for a Young and Ambitious Entrepreneur

Former Employee - B2B Sales Agent  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - B2B Sales Agent in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Addella full-time for less than a year

Pros

From your first day on the job you receive the best hands on training by not only your leader but by everyone in the office. Addella is truly a team environment where everyone is supportive of each other's successes. There is a true team environment which allows both new and experienced sales consultants to continuously learn throughout their time at Addella. I can honestly say that this is an opportunity to work with amazing, energetic and like-minded people who truly transform the office space into a fun environment. There is constantly music playing the occasional office party, including weekly team nights aimed at promoting office cohesion and relationships. But most of all, Addella provides such a huge opportunity especially for young, fresh out of school professionals. The leadership and ownership opportunity provided at Addella is unlike any opportunities that you will receive at other B2B sales jobs. If you are ambitious, hard working, and motivated, Addella is the perfect employer.

Cons

Expect to work long hours (9+ hours) and spend the majority of your day out of the office approaching businesses and business owners. Compensation is based solely on commission (although this can also be a pro as there is not limit to your earnings). You do not receive employee benefits as you are considered an independent contractor.

Great career opportunity for new grads and young entrepreneurs!

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Addella full-time for less than a year

Pros

Young and extremely energetic group of career focused individuals. The management training program provides an excellent foundation for team development and the skills necessary to run an office. Also, working with Fortune 500 clients who authorize us to deliver excellent products and services directly to consumers is a huge benefit for an entry level position.

Cons

Not for those looking for an hourly wage or salary just to show up. Longer than 9 - 5 hours, but with this comes the ability to advance to a management position in a fraction of the time that it would take with other jobs.

Keep being awesome and keep providing an opportunity for young entrepreneurs to excel!

You either figure it out right away, or you don't.

Former Employee - Sales Representative - Leader  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative - Leader in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Addella full-time for less than a year

Pros

Gained great sales coaching and experience. Taking on responsibility in training and recruiting others. Public speaking and organization skills improved.

Cons

Management is unpredictable and emotional. Emphasis is stressed on the "opportunity" of one day owning your own office. Most offices seem to fail. Low pay long hours.

Intimidation not always the most effective tool for handling people. Management should consider building more genuine rapport with partners rather than attempt to indoctrinate them by badgering them with rhetoric and unfulfilled promises of "bonuses" and "trips."

Addella Response

Jun 30, 2014President

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, we appreciate your feedback and are always looking to improve.

I started in the exact same role you are reviewing and yes, long hours are required
    ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Young and ambitious winner? ADDELLA is the perfect place for you!!

Current Employee - Leader  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Leader in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Addella full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great learning atmosphere and a huge opportunity to learn from extremely intelligent, friendly and young people who are very driven to succeed and are looking to meet their future ambitions.

No seniority business meaning the length of working there does not determine your position in the company, PERFORMANCE and HARD WORK does!

Huge focus on self development and personal growth through goal setting. They taught me how to win!

Potential to recruit people and build teams with the ultimate goal of owning and managing your own business.

Highly effective training techniques directly from the company's top performers.

Face to face interactions helped me build a lot of confidence.

ADDELLA only represents top of the line clients and is an opportunity to represent "Fortune 500" companies.

2 minute walk from Eglinton station!

Cons

Found it difficult to "balance" my social life and business life when I first started. Then I noticed that it's best to merge them both to ONE! There's no work-self and social-self, just YOURSELF.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Personal Growth and Results Driven Experience

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Marketing in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Addella full-time for more than a year

Pros

An extremely positive office culture combined with a performance based compensation make this business a great experience. The senior management within the company work with you daily in order to help develop your business, professional, and leadership skills. There are planned office outings every week, where coworkers can get to know each other and hang out. The merit based promotion model that Addella uses also gives everyone a fair opportunity to advance within the company regardless of their past work experience or academic background.

Cons

Some challenges of Addella may include having to put in extra work at times in order to see progress and promotion within the company. Also, part of the working day is spent outside, where weather conditions may not always be favourable.

Life Changing

Current Employee - B2B Sales Agent  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - B2B Sales Agent in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Addella full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a fun, young and performance based company that focus on developing individuals that not only want to gain marketing experience but also grow their entrepreneurial state of mind to its maximum. Everyone is extremely motivated, focused on growing and always willing to help one another, great office atmosphere and you will meet some of the most positive, funny and professional people ever. Overall It's a great place for people who want to make a lot money, with a great student mentality who are extremely dedicated, enjoy challenges and want to advance based on their hard work.

Cons

If you are extremely lazy by nature, and are just looking for a 9 to 5 minimum wage compensation so you can just get by then do not go work for Addella. You will feel so out of place and most likely fail and blame everyone but yourself lol

fun on the job

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Addella full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I can't even begin o to describe how much fun I have at the office! this place has given me opportunity, friends, coaches and business partners all in one. I cant wait to get back to the office every day

Cons

I really couldn't work at a better place

you should get a fooseball table

Excellent Management Training and Sales Opportunity

Current Employee - Leader  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Leader in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Addella full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you want to learn the skills and mental discipline to run your own business, Addella is the perfect opportunity to teach you to build a CEO mentality. This opportunity has been like a hands-on extension of my business degree. Gaining sales experience is just the tip of the iceberg here. What I find most valuable is the collection of transferable skills like overcoming rejection, increasing my confidence in business to business communications, improving my training experience, expanding my budgeting and financial management ability, and most importantly learning how to become an effective leader by managing a team and overseeing their professional development.

Addella uses a very systematic approach to coaching new recruits, so entry-level applicants will not be hindered by limited experience. Motivation and hard work are the key attributes that will make a new recruit successful in this position.

Overall a fun and dynamic work environment with an office full of young and ambitious aspiring entrepreneurs where supportive teamwork is a large part of the corporate culture.

Cons

Your professional development and income are a direct result of the effort you put in, so this is not a good fit for individuals interested in a slow-paced role where you get paid for just showing up. It's a management training program designed for people who want to learn how to run a company and interact with a lot of people.

Sales Representative

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Addella full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun sales environment. Go for beers on team night. Play fun games in the morning.

Cons

Cult atmosphere. Employees dedicate 10+ hours a day and are ridiculed for trying to have a work life / personal life balance. The success rate of 'owners' demonstrates why this is not an 'opportunity'. Do you really want to make 11$ an hour? No? Good, because at Addella you wont make 11$/hr, you will make even less.

Retain talent by paying a base salary.

Addella Response

Mar 17, 2014Corporate Trainer

Hi, thanks for your feedback. Most people are unfamiliar with a work environment that is constantly positive, motivating and full of people who come into work excited about what they do. It's ... More

Great learning experience but say goodbye to your life and lower expectations for any money.

Former Employee - B2B Sales Agent  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - B2B Sales Agent in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Addella full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Supportive environment
    - Develop many skills with sales, cold approaching, personal development that are transferable to other jobs
    - Music in the office

Cons

- Expectation to devote your entire life to an almost unattainable goal.
    - Cult like atmosphere.
    - You will work in all sorts of weather conditions for a very small and unpredictable pay.

Worked for Addella? Contribute to the Community!