Addison Search Reviews

Dissatisfied Consultant - Did not feel the love there

Former Contractor - QA Test Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Former Contractor - QA Test Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Addison Search as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

1) Rate and pay is competitive from a contractor standpoint.
    2) Regional manager does come by to say hello and talk to the client that your working for.

Cons

The client I was working for gave me a 3 week notice I let this company know way ahead of time I needed to something right away and they failed me.

The problem with most contracting companies is when they stop billing for you they throw you away like a bad habit. In this case they had ample time to find something and they failed and this was because they lacked the client networking and resources to find something in my industry.

I had to network out and finally I was able to get interviews and land something this company gave up after they couldn't find me anything and that sits bad with a consultant who need stable employment after a contract is over or ends premature.

So things to improve:

1) This company really lacks the resources and connections in the IT world of QA Engineers when your contract is over when you need to find a new place to work fast.
    2) They should enact a bench and try to keep their consultants or hire them as an employee of the company.
    3) Recruiting people need to always stay in touch and give re-assurance. They never did but a few times in very beginning after that I felt they gave up on me.

Most important!

Hire your consultants full time and create a Development and QA practice.

Advice to Management

Hire your consultants full time and create a Development and QA practice and sell them as a package when bidding for projects a bigger clients.

Old boys club in the worst way

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Addison Search full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours are decent and the base salary is reasonable.

Cons

As with most staffing agencies there isn't an HR department to go talk to when issues arise. I hope that the office as gotten better since I was there but the environment was miserable. Every day was filled with racist, sexist, and homophobic comments. If you didn't fit the "frat boy" mold you were not accepted.

Unethical and Unprofessional

I worked at Addison Search full-time

Pros

I cannot think of a single one except maybe the fact that somehow this company continues to grow and make money.

Cons

Favoritism is a big one. If you are able to kiss up to just the right people, you will go far in this company. You don't even have to work 40 hours a week to get full time pay and benefits if you're good enough at the kiss up game. They try to promote that they have a fair work/life balance, but that's not the case unless you are a top producer. There is often unethical and unprofessional dialogue within the office, often times about candidates waiting in the lobby to be seen by a recruiter. If you don't fit their "party hard" lifestyle, it's only a matter of time before you are dismissed from your job. Like a high school clique all over again. Often times, there is alcohol being consumed during business hours, which is just unsafe and unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Grow the heck up! Stop running this place like a fraternity or soroity where certain people will never be accepted, even though they may work harder than anyone else in the office. Also, you should hire one branch manager for every office, instead of each office having multiple managers for the different divisions. This would help prevent a lot of conflict of he said vs. she said.

Good place to use as a stepping stone early on in your career.

Current Employee - Business Development, IT Division in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business Development, IT Division in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Addison Search full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Young, energetic environment.
    Gain recruitment and sales experience.
    Will promote from within.
    Fun office outings, happy hours, etc

Cons

Unprofessional environment
    Technical depth is lacking
    Churn and burn, "what have you done for me lately" environment.
    High producers don't necessarily make good managers.

Helpful but not too helpful

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Addison Search as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

when work is available they help you land it

Cons

It appears they would rather you consult then find you full time employment.

7. A decent company to work for.

Former Contractor - Occupational Health Nurse in Chicago, IL
    Former Contractor - Occupational Health Nurse in Chicago, IL

I worked at Addison Search as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The recruiter found my resume online and introduced me to the career path I'm now taking. I was assigned to the job initially 2-4 months. The job lasted 5 1/2 months.
    The recruiter went an extra step for me. He didn't have to but did.

Cons

The job ended 2 weeks before I was eligible for benefits. The recruiter did not help when it was time for me to become permanent.

Advice to Management

I have none.

Stay away from this consulting company

Former Contractor - Business Analyst in Warrenville, IL
    Former Contractor - Business Analyst in Warrenville, IL

I worked at Addison Search as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I cannot think of any Pros............

Cons

This consulting company is a scam, they ask consultants to work overtime and they promise to compensate for the overtime, but they never pay you for overtime and if you insist to get compensated for the overtime, they will simply terminate your contract.

9. The good outweighs the bad

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Addison Search

Pros

Addison is really a fun place to work. The team is mostly 30 somethings and it's really a supportive environment. Even though it's a sales company that provides staffing services, everyone for the most part operates with a high level of ethics which is rare in sales organizations. The work life balance is also rare compared to other sales organizations. The biggest plus is that it isn't "corporatized" which is also rare for a company of its size. It's a company positioned for growth and is aggressive in driving growth organically and through acquisitions.

Cons

Lacks structure at some levels and the management team can be more task oriented and transactional instead of vision and transformation oriented. Health benefits are average at best and benefits administration is disorganized. Doesn't do an effective job of grooming mid-level employees for the next level. A pretty high amount of churn in the organization due to a combination of impatience and somewhat inadequate training. Sometimes it seems that leadership is not committed to the success of people they hire.

Advice to Management

Implement a plan to groom mid-level employees for leadership. Demonstrate more commitment to the people you hire. Free up managers so they can more effectively develop their employees. Get benefits administration more organized and improve the overall benefits package.

Very unprofessional- have little to no respect for they're employees, cheap work ethics, scary micro- management.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Addison Search

Pros

HR in Chicago were very professional and helpful.

Cons

Unfortunately they're were too many "Chiefs not enough Indians" .. no direction, no training, horrible communication skills. Constantly being spoken at in a demeaning way by managers.

Advice to Management

If your thinking is sloppy, your business will be sloppy. If you are disorganized, your business will be disorganized. If you are greedy, your empoyees will be greedy, giving you less and less of themselves and always asking for more. Research indicates that workers have three prime needs: Interesting work, recognition for doing a good job, and being let in on things that are going on in the company. Treating people with respect and dignity is not just words but a creed we live by every day. You can't expect your employees to exceed the expectations of your customers if you don't exceed the employees' expectations of management.

Outside Sales - Healthcare

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Addison Search

Pros

I got the opportunity to switch from Inside to Outside Sales

Cons

People were clicky - small office

Advice to Management

Be more professional - stop partying so much with certain clicks

RSS Feed </> Embed