Addus Healthcare Reviews

Mark S. Heaney

Nightmare on Elm Street

Former Employee - Assistant Director in Homewood, IL
    Former Employee - Assistant Director in Homewood, IL

I worked at Addus Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Providing Care for the Clients

Cons

Management has no regard or respect for employees

provide staff with the proper equipment needed to perform the job

Absolutely the worst.

Former Employee - Caregiver Home Care in Joliet, IL
    Former Employee - Caregiver Home Care in Joliet, IL

I worked at Addus Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There aren't any. Totally disorganized and inept management.

Cons

NO training. No certifications. Never ran background or fingerprints. Completely unprofessional.

Fire managers and hire professional personnel who have actually RUN an organization that is responsible for senior care.

poor management

Former Employee - Staff OT in Mount Vernon, IL
    Former Employee - Staff OT in Mount Vernon, IL

I worked at Addus Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good pay provide auto that you pay for

Cons

little good to say unrealistic productivity expectations must request permission to d/c pt from therapy lots of travel

get some real leadership no one knows what they are trying to achieve getting poor reputation in medical community management is focused on getting big numbers poor documentation guidelines too many self professed experts that are proven to be wrong often

Not a fair company to work for. Director was not a fair manager.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

I worked at Addus Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great experience and opportunity to learn new facets of the job.

Cons

No written job description. Continued to change and was still responsible for old position even though it was reassigned to someone new. Was at the decision of the director.

Health insurance would of been a nice perk, considering it was a health care facility

Horrible

I have been working at Addus Healthcare full-time

Pros

I can't think of any. It's a bad place.

Cons

Incompetence throughout the organization, horrible leadership, everything broken

Stop being greedy

Poor organization. Growing faster than they can handle

Former Employee - Agency Director
    Former Employee - Agency Director

I worked at Addus Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Provides important services to elderly or disabled individuals allowing them to remain in their own homes., I was part of an acquisition, got out as fast as I could!

Cons

Corporate offices seem completely disorganized. Give little or no support to branches. Information is given at the last minute. They make no effort to understand the challenges/business in the many different states they have acquired. They don't seem to want to pay their employees for work performed. Local administrative staff have to fight for the compensation due to their aides.

Quit buying new businesses until you are in control of the current acquisitions! People feel like they are not valued and are considered expendable. You say you care about your employees, but its just words. This was one of the worst employment experiences I have had.

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I worked at Addus Healthcare

Pros

The money was good! Sometimes!

Cons

Everything! They are awful people! Awful mgmt and cant keep anyone!

Shut down!

Worst company to work for. Worst company for home services. Stay away.

Current Employee - Scheduling Specialist in Palatine, IL
    Current Employee - Scheduling Specialist in Palatine, IL

I have been working at Addus Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love being able to satisfy clients. If a problem arises, like their home care aide does not show up, and I'm able to find a replacement within 15 minutes - that is success to me.

Cons

My biggest pet peeve is people who don't ever go to work. That is what I did. I staff and restaff home care aides who call off or never show up for their client. It makes me angry that these clients depend on a service and I fail finding a replacement.

This company makes promises to new clients that they will ALWAYS have an aide there to service. That's a flat out lie because there have been countless times where I call everyone (25 HCAs) on the "Best Fit" link and don't receive calls back - then I move to an employee listing. In total of trying to find 1 home care aide, I call over 60-70 aides and no one wants to work. The branch doesn't care and it makes me mad because it makes me look incompetent and that I cannot "do my job".

I get paid $14 an hour, which is more than many companies out there and I am thankful for that, but this job should get paid more for all the ridiculous things that happen. It is stressful and annoying and I am so happy I am gone.

You need to fire the home care aides who don't go to work, you need to hire better branch staff; service coordinators and agency directors - who will actually step up and help scheduling and on-call out when there is a critical care client going unserviced. Their communication is so poor and the telephony department gets reamed at by aides and clients when no one reports back to their voicemail or follow up on pertinent issues.

Centralization is a joke. Each branch office should have schedulers in office where they can sit with the service coordinators and not communicate via conference calls or emails. It is not effective and I am surprised this company is not out of business. Aides and clients hate calling corporate because we are not actually in "Central PA, California, or Washington". Their voice gets lost among their call being transferred to 3 different lines. It's transfer tag and ineffective.

Staff is constantly being shorted on pay checks - whether it be an error on the branch or payroll or the home care aide - communication needs to be addressed because it is ridiculous.

Your company is a joke. What's even more is that CEO Mark Heaney makes over $725,000 per year according to Forbes. Why not give the aides, the telephony department, etc. a higher pay?

Plus your email to employees who work on holidays is fascist. Why don't you work on holidays and see what it is like!

Seriously, how can Addus, in Illinois, maintain any California clients adequately, safely?

Former Employee - Decline to State in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Decline to State in Riverside, CA

I worked at Addus Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

All employees are not equal in ability, integrity and sensibilities. Nor are the workers. It takes money to make money! It is time you spent some money now or pay big money for lawsuits later when someone dies from neglect or abuse.

Cons

Many workers are not trained at all, they just 'show up' as if from the EDD job-line, then leave early for one excuse after another, and still get paid for all the time they were supposed to be there. Many are quick to tell you what they WILL NOT do. They have no training. Many are more disabled than their charges. What is a client in California to do about all this bycalling a phone number for some person in Illinois?

Upper, not middle management needs to HIRE experienced managers. Spend some money where it needs to be spent! Have them train the unskilled managers on how to perform their job safely, professionally, and properly. Then, have them hire experienced workers, that will eventually be able to train the unskilled workers. That means spend some money on why you are in existence, being paid way too much, or sit idly by and watch your salaries dwindle into oblivion.

Doesn't care about employees or clients

Current Employee - Health Care Aide in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Health Care Aide in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Addus Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Not sure there are any pros to working for Addus. The ability to manage oneself...

Cons

Low Pay
    Inflexibility
    Poor Benefits: No dental, takes 3 months to actually see a physician, very limited options
    Little respect for HCA's
    Required to falsify information at training session
    Cronyism

Stop disrespecting HCA's and treating them like children. Facilitate the flexibility that you claim is available to employees. Acquire REAL medical benefits for HCA's. Be more professional and stop hiring the bottom of the barrel to work in supervisory positions. Stop treating us like we're stupid and threatening to fire us when we question your immoral tactics (falsifying documents at training session).