Addus Healthcare

Mark S. Heaney

poor management

Former Employee - Staff OT  in  Mount Vernon, IL
    Former Employee - Staff OT in Mount Vernon, IL

I worked at Addus Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

good pay provide auto that you pay for

Cons

little good to say unrealistic productivity expectations must request permission to d/c pt from therapy lots of travel

get some real leadership no one knows what they are trying to achieve getting poor reputation in medical community management is focused on getting big numbers poor documentation guidelines too many self professed experts that are proven to be wrong often

Great internship in a big company.

Former Employee - IT Internship
    Former Employee - IT Internship

I worked at Addus Healthcare as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Learned a lot, worked with a lot of important people.

Cons

Sometimes the managers a caught up in their work.

For Addus FAMILY Services- can be overwhelming at times, and every now and then rewarding

Current Employee - Family Service Specialist  in  Marion, IL
    Current Employee - Family Service Specialist in Marion, IL

I have been working at Addus Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A lot of the work can be scheduled flexible*
    Reimbursement for mileage
    If you need time off, you can usually always find someone to cover for you
    If you have a long trip away, you'll get most of your pay from driving

Cons

Sometimes due to kids being in school or parents working, visits cannot be changed
    Sometimes you can have as much work as you can keep up with, other times, you won't have much
    Dangerous work environment at times

I would recommend better benefits- the benefits don't give justice for the work Family Service Specialists do. Poor paid vacation time and little to no incentives, other than to try and "fix" your clients that by in large don't care to change their lives, just get by enough to get their children back.

I also think the dangerous aspect of the job needs to be addressed better. They have trainings every year, but I don't think that's enough. Often they put family service specialists - in situations with people who have been to jail or prison, are having their parent rights terminated, or are possibility abusing drugs/alcohol, or suffering from mental disorders. This was always a concern of mine. I was worried a parent would hurt me after one of his last visits with his child, and I was told nothing could be done about it.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a fair company to work for. Director was not a fair manager.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Joliet, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

I worked at Addus Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great experience and opportunity to learn new facets of the job.

Cons

No written job description. Continued to change and was still responsible for old position even though it was reassigned to someone new. Was at the decision of the director.

Health insurance would of been a nice perk, considering it was a health care facility

I have been with Addus for many years. Seniority counts for nothing here. Raises don't exist!

Current Employee - Home Health Aide  in  Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Home Health Aide in Boise, ID

I have been working at Addus Healthcare full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I love taking care of the clients, and offering them the services they need to better their lives. That is the ONLY pro to working here.

Cons

They can't provide full time, or even much part time work to long term employees more often then not. I haven't received a raise in over 5 years now, and they say it is due to Health and Welfare not increasing our pay rates? I am sure that is not the case, not for this long anyway. The supervisors do not do their jobs, the client paperwork in the files is never current, nor do they do the employee evaluations on time(once every 2-3 years) but as there are no raises being given, I guess it doesn't really matter that they ignore that part of their jobs as well, right? There is no holiday pay, even if you work major holidays, it's not even time and a half pay rate. There is no paid vacation, even after 10+ years, and there is no paid sick leave, and worst of all, they do not have any kind of insurance or retirement benefits.

Give yearly raises to the hard working care providers, even if they are only .25 cents a year. Offer insurance, even if there is a co-pay for employees. Pay time and a half for holidays if a care provider works the holiday. Offer 1 paid sick day every 3 months, which seems totally reasonable. Figure out how you can get the office managers to get their supervisors do their jobs.

Horrible

I have been working at Addus Healthcare full-time

Pros

I can't think of any. It's a bad place.

Cons

Incompetence throughout the organization, horrible leadership, everything broken

Stop being greedy

Really depends on your managers and clients.

Former Employee - Caregiver  in  Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Caregiver in Spokane, WA

I worked at Addus Healthcare part-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked there for two years and first had a really crappy case manager and then a really great one. Just depends and it seems it changes often. The rest of the staff was awesome. They do try to make sure you enjoy your clients and there's always opportunities to pick up shifts.

Cons

Some of the clients can be frustrating. Some of them are really great and easy too though. Can be kind of difficult to get time off and you have to keep reminding them to have some one cover your shift.

Poor organization. Growing faster than they can handle

Former Employee - Agency Director
    Former Employee - Agency Director

I worked at Addus Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Provides important services to elderly or disabled individuals allowing them to remain in their own homes., I was part of an acquisition, got out as fast as I could!

Cons

Corporate offices seem completely disorganized. Give little or no support to branches. Information is given at the last minute. They make no effort to understand the challenges/business in the many different states they have acquired. They don't seem to want to pay their employees for work performed. Local administrative staff have to fight for the compensation due to their aides.

Quit buying new businesses until you are in control of the current acquisitions! People feel like they are not valued and are considered expendable. You say you care about your employees, but its just words. This was one of the worst employment experiences I have had.

It is alright.

I have been working at Addus Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Time off, free food, benefits.

Cons

No growth, no execution, poor management.

Listen to your employees.

Loved working with the Clients

Former Employee - Home Healthcare Provider  in  Kennewick, WA
    Former Employee - Home Healthcare Provider in Kennewick, WA

I worked at Addus Healthcare part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Place to work overall. I enjoyed meeting every client that I had. Management was very welcoming for all employees. Very Flexible hours, great for Student's just looking for a part-time job.

Cons

Management is in need of better communication skills between people in the office and people in the field (Clients Homes). Didn't get the hours I was told I'd get when hired.

Management is in need of better communication between people in the office and people in the field (Clients Homes).

Worked for Addus Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!