Adecco Reviews

Updated September 20, 2014
3.1

Adecco CEO Baron Patrick G. De Maeseneire
Baron Patrick G. De Maeseneire

Pros
  • Co-workers, work life balance and PTO (in 5 reviews)

• decent work environment, chance for travel (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Everything, no benefits to speak of, horrible pay, and their staff are mostly idiots (in 7 reviews)

• No growth potential, very corporate and upper management run (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Overpromised, grossly underdelivered.

Former Employee - Producer  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Producer in Columbus, OH

I worked at Adecco part-time for less than a year

Pros

I received the $27/hr aftertax amount I asked for, and the Adecco rep that reached out to me was professional enough. Adecco will pay decent money to get you to work for them.

Cons

The amount of trouble I went through filling out the paperwork, driving out of the city to take a drug test, meeting Adecco's client and actually doing the work it was a complete waste of time. Instead of making "50k a year" like that Adecco rep projected, I made about $270 altogether. The client considered the project "finished for now" after two weeks and "would get in touch with me soon."

The other thing that really stuck out to me was how disorganized Adecco is. A lot of the company's core services are outsourced and I would get strange phone calls from different parts of the country asking what I was doing. I was also pretty disappointed with the professionalism the staff had at their Polaris location in Ohio where I worked out of. It was apparently critical to them for me to wait in their office for 45 minutes while they reviewed my paperwork. When I went up to ask how it was coming along, I was told something to the effect of "we're waiting for a response from our affiliate." I said it didn't warrant me being there, and they said "oh, ok." (Wait, what?)

Fortunately, I was finally able to find a permanent role elsewhere. It'd be eight months before I heard from them with "a new short-term opportunity" and their excitement to "help me out." I politely declined.

I'm not sure if I can give them advice.

Takes too long to start

Former Employee - Machine Operator  in  Swepsonville, NC
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Swepsonville, NC

I worked at Adecco full-time

Pros

I got hired pretty quickly and the starting pay was ok for such a short notice. Location was close to my house

Cons

The job I got was 7 days a week with mandatory overtime. Supervisor said in the past month ppl got only 1-2 days off. Sounds like modern slavery so I turned down the job. This job is for ppl who like to work long hours with heavy machinery.

Didn't get paid twice and had to wait an extra week for it.

Former Employee - Administrative  in  Moosic, PA
    Former Employee - Administrative in Moosic, PA

I worked at Adecco full-time for less than a year

Pros

The position was a good one until the contract ended which it wasn't suppose to not according to them anyway.

Cons

Didn't get paid twice and had to wait an extra week for the pay. Contacted them the last time it happened on Friday was told I was going to get paid the next day or Monday then didn't. Called them Monday and they said I would get paid Wednesday. Now I am out 30 dollars on a charge from my bank again. And no check printer at local office for quick pay option. Thanks A LOT!!

The system you use obviously sucks for inputting hours. Cause this happened twice to me in 5 months.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awful

Former Employee - Picker  in  Shepherdsville, KY
    Former Employee - Picker in Shepherdsville, KY

I worked at Adecco full-time for less than a year

Pros

NONE none none none none

Cons

use you up then send you on a new assignment. Big companies hire places like this so they dont have to offer you insurance.

you suck

Temp. and Temp. only

Former Employee - Benefits Representative II  in  West Valley City, UT
    Former Employee - Benefits Representative II in West Valley City, UT

I worked at Adecco as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

If you like temp. work then this is for you.

Cons

They promise a higher pay rate and it somehow falls through. Or, my favorite is when you are a temp. for 12 months and then they say you are permanent but then the company you work for needs to interview and hire you, and then they say you don't qualify even with years of experience. It's a joke.

Please read the Cons section.

Terrible experience!

Current Employee - Engineering Tech  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Engineering Tech in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Adecco as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

None. There are no good reasons to work for this company

Cons

No employee support and can never get answers on employee benefits in a timely manner. I can not say more as my attorney has told me not to.

support your employees more

The recruiter in Auburn, NY does not give anyone of color anything but facotry or catering positions.

Former Employee - Clerical  in  Auburn, NY
    Former Employee - Clerical in Auburn, NY

I worked at Adecco full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There was not a good experience for me because I had other qualifications that the recruiter did not even give consideration. I did take the secretarial test about 2yrs ago and never heard anything about my results. I was offered factory, housekeeping and dietary positions but nothing for secretarial. Asked for my results of the test did not get a response. I receive voicemail of openings of everything but secretarial. I receive e-mails of openings for clerical positions and do apply, but with no evail.

Cons

If you are willing to work at a factory you are in. The recruiters are only interested in filling factory positions and if you have any other qualifications, they recruiters states try this job and we will continue to work on your other qualifications but you are they don't. When something becomes available and you question it, you receive no response.

Get a recruiter that is willing to work with all types of consumers and place the consumers at a job that fits them, not where the recruiter think they should be. Maybe you should look to some diversity in your management for Auburn NY. I know that I will never hear from Adecco again, but I had to express my concerns of this situation.

Worst Temp Agency in PHX

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Adecco full-time for less than a year

Pros

a paycheck (it says I have to put 5 words in here....but when the only pro was the check (that you may or may not get) that's kind of difficult.

Cons

Disorganized, "It's not my job, you need to speak to...." It became a standing joke among the 30 or so contractors as to who was or wasn't going to get paid that week. Actions speak louder than words...they talk the talk....but they sure don't walk the walk.

Close your doors or sweep the place clean.

cleaning house

I worked at Adecco

Pros

Co-workers, work life balance and PTO

Cons

Unfair compensation and promotion practices, unprofessional upper management although house cleaning has taken place.

Great Place to work - not.

Confusing and Sneaky

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Adecco as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

THERE ARE NONE I FOUND.

Cons

They tell you what you want to hear to get in the door and then change everything on you.

The woman I dealt with in Boston was incredibly rude upon my departure and found that me not wanting to continue with them because the job wasn't within my degree was ridiculous. She also claimed that having a Bachelors wasn't an accomplishment these days instead it was like having a high school diploma. Tried to pay me SIGNIFICANTLY less than what was fair. I will never deal with this office again and her lack of communication and her actions and words upon my departure weren't that of someone who should be recruiting people for a company, especially one like Google.

Worked for Adecco? Contribute to the Community!