Adecco Reviews

Updated September 19, 2014
3.2

Adecco CEO Baron Patrick G. De Maeseneire
Baron Patrick G. De Maeseneire

Pros
  • Co-workers, work life balance and PTO (in 5 reviews)

• decent work environment, chance for travel (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Everything, no benefits to speak of, horrible pay, and their staff are mostly idiots (in 7 reviews)

• No growth potential, very corporate and upper management run (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Great people, poor systems

Current Employee - Central Services  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Central Services in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Adecco full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Overall quality of staff is excellent - even the crap staff are of high quality compared to other companies!
    Fantastic experience - this company will teach you everything about how not to do things. Due to high turnover of staff you will be promoted quickly.f

Cons

Very poor systems, promises to replace them aren't happening.
    Senior Management (UK CEO - Peter) focuses on the front office business with no understanding of what the hamsters on the wheels in back office are dealing with.
    Expect excessive unpaid overtime

The company cannot function without a happy back-office. Stop paying peanuts, recognise that the experienced staff are leaving in their droves due to overwork and underpay. Put Neil in charge.
    Restructuring a department won't fix problems if the core job can't be done anyway due to poor systems and office politics.

Great place for recent grads and retired professionals

I worked at Adecco as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Interested in transitioning contract employees into corporate setting

Cons

No health insurance available
    No opportunities to grow/advance

Employed by Adecco Bulgaria from the very beginning.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Sofia (Bulgaria)
    Current Employee - Manager in Sofia (Bulgaria)

I have been working at Adecco full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The company is never late with salaries.

Cons

Lacking communication, feedback and not following basic best practices in HR.

Be more open-minded, try to listen and actually hear what people have to say.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Low promotion opportunity

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor  in  Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Adecco full-time for more than a year

Pros

The jobs are easy to get so if you have no work experience it is easy to find a job. They have many different positions available based on skills.

Cons

Even after working for years full time you are still considered a temp, promotions are based on headcount so after being promoted you will be demoted considering the jobs a seasonal, pay is low compared to other companies with similar conditions. Your schedule will change constantly.

Badly managed

Former Employee - TACS Specialist  in  Chester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - TACS Specialist in Chester, England (UK)

I worked at Adecco as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

They offered me a job in the geographical area where I needed to work.

Cons

I found my whole experience with Adecco to be ridiculous, they would agree to holiday time in writing and then attempt to withhold payment on the grounds that it had not been approved. The payment system appeared to change constantly and I would often receive the wrong compensation, they also messed up my tax code and it took a year to sort it out. All in all I would never work with them again. However, this is specific to Adecco with Bank of America - I have no experience of this company outside of this context.

Wonderful

Former Employee - Records Manager  in  Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - Records Manager in Wilmington, NC

I worked at Adecco as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Great place to contract.

Cons

Benefits package is not the best.

Account Manager

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Adecco full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great creative culture, very dynamic and at the forefront of the recruitment industry.

Cons

hypen brand witin adecco group have an unorganized management team

Need to be more involved and give better support and direction to the teams.

Overpromised, grossly underdelivered.

Former Employee - Producer  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Producer in Columbus, OH

I worked at Adecco part-time for less than a year

Pros

I received the $27/hr aftertax amount I asked for, and the Adecco rep that reached out to me was professional enough. Adecco will pay decent money to get you to work for them.

Cons

The amount of trouble I went through filling out the paperwork, driving out of the city to take a drug test, meeting Adecco's client and actually doing the work it was a complete waste of time. Instead of making "50k a year" like that Adecco rep projected, I made about $270 altogether. The client considered the project "finished for now" after two weeks and "would get in touch with me soon."

The other thing that really stuck out to me was how disorganized Adecco is. A lot of the company's core services are outsourced and I would get strange phone calls from different parts of the country asking what I was doing. I was also pretty disappointed with the professionalism the staff had at their Polaris location in Ohio where I worked out of. It was apparently critical to them for me to wait in their office for 45 minutes while they reviewed my paperwork. When I went up to ask how it was coming along, I was told something to the effect of "we're waiting for a response from our affiliate." I said it didn't warrant me being there, and they said "oh, ok." (Wait, what?)

Fortunately, I was finally able to find a permanent role elsewhere. It'd be eight months before I heard from them with "a new short-term opportunity" and their excitement to "help me out." I politely declined.

I'm not sure if I can give them advice.

Adecco doesn't have it together.

I have been working at Adecco

Pros

Somehow Adecco managed to score a great contract from Roche Medical. There was a lot of work available for them to assign.

Cons

Very disorganized. Distributing training material at the last moment, requiring redundant information from their field employees, not having accountable admins to help me out. Changed rules for compensation mid-contract.

Plan ahead.

Found me a decent job.

I have been working at Adecco full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have found me multiple jobs. After about a year of working for them I am getting paid holidays.

Cons

Pay could be better. It would be nice if I was given sick days instead of having to show up to work sick just so I don't risk losing my assignment.

Find a way to offer paid vacation/sick time.

Worked for Adecco? Contribute to the Community!