Adecco Reviews

Updated September 11, 2014
3.2

Adecco CEO Baron Patrick G. De Maeseneire
Baron Patrick G. De Maeseneire

Pros
  • Co-workers, work life balance and PTO (in 5 reviews)

• decent work environment, chance for travel (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Everything, no benefits to speak of, horrible pay, and their staff are mostly idiots (in 7 reviews)

• No growth potential, very corporate and upper management run (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent Staffing Firm

Former Employee - Branch Manager  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Adecco full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people. The recruiters are well trained and eager to succeed. The Branch Managers are also well trained and intelligent, and although the branches are spread out, you feel very connected to your company tthrough tele conferences and mentoring.

Cons

The upper leadership has become so disconnected from the day to day activities of the industry that it can challenging to get the support necessary to be competitive while meeting the KPI's for each position. There are times when the entire branch activities are focused on meeting metrics and not necessarily on the bottom line, which is delivering the best talent to the clients and/or gaining new clients.

Every mid to upper level manager should take a week a quarter recruiting and selling to ensure they understand the market and the potential obstacles their teams face each day.

Benefits Contractor

Current Employee - Benefits Contractor  in  Racine, WI
    Current Employee - Benefits Contractor in Racine, WI

I have been working at Adecco full-time for more than a year

Pros

The staff at my local office was very pleasant. Because it's all temporary, I tended to be in and out of the office a lot, so that was important. They genuinely seemed to want to help, so long as you are willing to be open to job opportunities.

Cons

Benefits offered aren't great. The assignments could also be anywhere from a week long to maybe 3-4 months. Often there were promises of being able to be hired full time, when it seems like Adecco had no idea what the hiring company was thinking of when it came to temp-to-hire.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter  in  Schenectady, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Schenectady, NY

I have been working at Adecco full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management is very attentive and open to all varieties of feedback. I actually believe my opinion counts

Cons

benefits could be better. And the commission structure is pretty on par with competitors, but of course I'd like to see that grow!

We are told all the time how valuable we are, so I'd like to see that appreciation translate into something tangible. Instead of offering us similar benefits as other agencies, make it better

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It has been very consistent.

Current Employee - Receptionist  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Adecco full-time for less than a year

Pros

They are very quick to place you within your range of choices available; great communication lines; friendly staff.

Cons

Not much room for growth or opportunity once placed.

Overpromised, grossly underdelivered.

Former Employee - Producer  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Producer in Columbus, OH

I worked at Adecco part-time for less than a year

Pros

I received the $27/hr aftertax amount I asked for, and the Adecco rep that reached out to me was professional enough. Adecco will pay decent money to get you to work for them.

Cons

The amount of trouble I went through filling out the paperwork, driving out of the city to take a drug test, meeting Adecco's client and actually doing the work it was a complete waste of time. Instead of making "50k a year" like that Adecco rep projected, I made about $270 altogether. The client considered the project "finished for now" after two weeks and "would get in touch with me soon."

The other thing that really stuck out to me was how disorganized Adecco is. A lot of the company's core services are outsourced and I would get strange phone calls from different parts of the country asking what I was doing. I was also pretty disappointed with the professionalism the staff had at their Polaris location in Ohio where I worked out of. It was apparently critical to them for me to wait in their office for 45 minutes while they reviewed my paperwork. When I went up to ask how it was coming along, I was told something to the effect of "we're waiting for a response from our affiliate." I said it didn't warrant me being there, and they said "oh, ok." (Wait, what?)

Fortunately, I was finally able to find a permanent role elsewhere. It'd be eight months before I heard from them with "a new short-term opportunity" and their excitement to "help me out." I politely declined.

I'm not sure if I can give them advice.

Takes too long to start

Former Employee - Machine Operator  in  Swepsonville, NC
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Swepsonville, NC

I worked at Adecco full-time

Pros

I got hired pretty quickly and the starting pay was ok for such a short notice. Location was close to my house

Cons

The job I got was 7 days a week with mandatory overtime. Supervisor said in the past month ppl got only 1-2 days off. Sounds like modern slavery so I turned down the job. This job is for ppl who like to work long hours with heavy machinery.

Didn't get paid twice and had to wait an extra week for it.

Former Employee - Administrative  in  Moosic, PA
    Former Employee - Administrative in Moosic, PA

I worked at Adecco full-time for less than a year

Pros

The position was a good one until the contract ended which it wasn't suppose to not according to them anyway.

Cons

Didn't get paid twice and had to wait an extra week for the pay. Contacted them the last time it happened on Friday was told I was going to get paid the next day or Monday then didn't. Called them Monday and they said I would get paid Wednesday. Now I am out 30 dollars on a charge from my bank again. And no check printer at local office for quick pay option. Thanks A LOT!!

The system you use obviously sucks for inputting hours. Cause this happened twice to me in 5 months.

OK- for telemarketing

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent  in  Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Adecco as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

easy work, takes common sense. Nice big work atmosphere

Cons

If you are hired for seasonal, you most likely will only be paid 9.00/hr. Which at the end of your "assignment" EBay pays you 1.00 for evry hour you worked... however, they choose when your assignment ends, yet you will still be working for several months at 9.00 before EBay hires you...
    If policy changes, it may take several days/weeks before EVERYONE is aware- causing customer service to look like idiots.

Get on board with eachother, the same day; advise your employees the same day

Disposable People

Former Employee - Tech Support Warehouse Transition Department  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Tech Support Warehouse Transition Department in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Adecco full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

God for connections to other employers when your new to a city. To show your ability to perform your job.

Cons

No benefits! No time off for 3 years.
    If you take time off you will be replaced even if it is for bereavement.

Treat them with respect, not disposable people. Vacation time . Sick time Time off to bury close family members without the fear of losing you job. Lower health insurance.

EXCELLENT

I worked at Adecco full-time

Pros

Well. nice environment.great place to work.

Cons

nothing yet. so far so good.

no comments,

Worked for Adecco? Contribute to the Community!