Adecco Reviews

Updated October 20, 2014
3.1

Adecco CEO Baron Patrick G. De Maeseneire
Baron Patrick G. De Maeseneire

Pros
  • I like the work environment and I have great colleagues (in 11 reviews)

• Co-workers, work life balance and PTO (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • hours of over time then fired me when I don't hold up health wise with no benefits (in 8 reviews)

• No growth potential, very corporate and upper management run (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Adecco doesn't have it together.

I have been working at Adecco

Pros

Somehow Adecco managed to score a great contract from Roche Medical. There was a lot of work available for them to assign.

Cons

Very disorganized. Distributing training material at the last moment, requiring redundant information from their field employees, not having accountable admins to help me out. Changed rules for compensation mid-contract.

Plan ahead.

All encompassing business experience.

Current Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Wellsville, NY
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Wellsville, NY

I have been working at Adecco full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Team atmosphere is very welcoming. Coworkers are intelligent and well focused. There is some diversity in the atmosphere. it is career focused also, including training.

Cons

The work week consist of at least 45 hours.

Excellent

I have been working at Adecco

Pros

Professional staffing service responsive timely

Cons

No issues I can think of

They are always willing to help and lead you into the right direction.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, MN

I have been working at Adecco (less than an year)

Pros

Very resourceful in knowing what's out there in my job field. They work with you to understand you so when a job becomes available they will know you are a good fit. They offer training to keep you up to date.

Cons

Unfortunately, at this time there is no work available for me or the "good fit" didn't seem feasible.

Keep up the good work. Eventually, it will be a win-win for all of us.

Well run company

Current Employee - Test Engineer in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Test Engineer in Boise, ID

I have been working at Adecco full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is good. Schedule is flexible.

Cons

All the benefits (health, vacation, etc) are lacking.

Benefits need to get better to stay competitive.

Excellent Staffing Firm

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Adecco full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people. The recruiters are well trained and eager to succeed. The Branch Managers are also well trained and intelligent, and although the branches are spread out, you feel very connected to your company tthrough tele conferences and mentoring.

Cons

The upper leadership has become so disconnected from the day to day activities of the industry that it can challenging to get the support necessary to be competitive while meeting the KPI's for each position. There are times when the entire branch activities are focused on meeting metrics and not necessarily on the bottom line, which is delivering the best talent to the clients and/or gaining new clients.

Every mid to upper level manager should take a week a quarter recruiting and selling to ensure they understand the market and the potential obstacles their teams face each day.

Benefits Contractor

Current Employee - Benefits Contractor in Racine, WI
    Current Employee - Benefits Contractor in Racine, WI

I have been working at Adecco full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The staff at my local office was very pleasant. Because it's all temporary, I tended to be in and out of the office a lot, so that was important. They genuinely seemed to want to help, so long as you are willing to be open to job opportunities.

Cons

Benefits offered aren't great. The assignments could also be anywhere from a week long to maybe 3-4 months. Often there were promises of being able to be hired full time, when it seems like Adecco had no idea what the hiring company was thinking of when it came to temp-to-hire.

Overpromised, grossly underdelivered.

Former Employee - Producer in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Producer in Columbus, OH

I worked at Adecco part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I received the $27/hr aftertax amount I asked for, and the Adecco rep that reached out to me was professional enough. Adecco will pay decent money to get you to work for them.

Cons

The amount of trouble I went through filling out the paperwork, driving out of the city to take a drug test, meeting Adecco's client and actually doing the work it was a complete waste of time. Instead of making "50k a year" like that Adecco rep projected, I made about $270 altogether. The client considered the project "finished for now" after two weeks and "would get in touch with me soon."

The other thing that really stuck out to me was how disorganized Adecco is. A lot of the company's core services are outsourced and I would get strange phone calls from different parts of the country asking what I was doing. I was also pretty disappointed with the professionalism the staff had at their Polaris location in Ohio where I worked out of. It was apparently critical to them for me to wait in their office for 45 minutes while they reviewed my paperwork. When I went up to ask how it was coming along, I was told something to the effect of "we're waiting for a response from our affiliate." I said it didn't warrant me being there, and they said "oh, ok." (Wait, what?)

Fortunately, I was finally able to find a permanent role elsewhere. It'd be eight months before I heard from them with "a new short-term opportunity" and their excitement to "help me out." I politely declined.

I'm not sure if I can give them advice.

Takes too long to start

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Swepsonville, NC
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Swepsonville, NC

I worked at Adecco full-time

Pros

I got hired pretty quickly and the starting pay was ok for such a short notice. Location was close to my house

Cons

The job I got was 7 days a week with mandatory overtime. Supervisor said in the past month ppl got only 1-2 days off. Sounds like modern slavery so I turned down the job. This job is for ppl who like to work long hours with heavy machinery.

Good for temps

I worked at Adecco as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Fast placement if you are willing to work a variety of jobs.

Cons

If you don't like a job and quit their policy is to drop you as a client,

Flexibility