Adecco Reviews

Updated September 16, 2014
3.2

Adecco CEO Baron Patrick G. De Maeseneire
Baron Patrick G. De Maeseneire

Pros
  • Co-workers, work life balance and PTO (in 5 reviews)

• decent work environment, chance for travel (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Everything, no benefits to speak of, horrible pay, and their staff are mostly idiots (in 7 reviews)

• No growth potential, very corporate and upper management run (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Worst Temp Agency in PHX

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Adecco full-time for less than a year

Pros

a paycheck (it says I have to put 5 words in here....but when the only pro was the check (that you may or may not get) that's kind of difficult.

Cons

Disorganized, "It's not my job, you need to speak to...." It became a standing joke among the 30 or so contractors as to who was or wasn't going to get paid that week. Actions speak louder than words...they talk the talk....but they sure don't walk the walk.

Close your doors or sweep the place clean.

Confusing and Sneaky

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Adecco as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

THERE ARE NONE I FOUND.

Cons

They tell you what you want to hear to get in the door and then change everything on you.

The woman I dealt with in Boston was incredibly rude upon my departure and found that me not wanting to continue with them because the job wasn't within my degree was ridiculous. She also claimed that having a Bachelors wasn't an accomplishment these days instead it was like having a high school diploma. Tried to pay me SIGNIFICANTLY less than what was fair. I will never deal with this office again and her lack of communication and her actions and words upon my departure weren't that of someone who should be recruiting people for a company, especially one like Google.

Good for quick cash

Former Employee - Electronic Assembler  in  West Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Electronic Assembler in West Chester, PA

I worked at Adecco full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay for limited experience.

Cons

No longevity. Made to get you in and get you out.

Needs to develop more professionalism.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not bad for the interim

I have been working at Adecco full-time

Pros

good job to see if you are happy with manufacturing get your name out there and get known by companies

Cons

wishy washy management benefits questionable

Great

Current Employee - Temporary Worker  in  Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Temporary Worker in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Adecco full-time for less than a year

Pros

Well it was great during the winter months but i need a full time job cause there is no benefits in temp. services.

Cons

All the companies i work for there was no room for advancement. They only had me work to play catchup

I'm a good dependable worker i'm hard working, and i have a willingness to learn.

OK

I worked at Adecco full-time

Pros

Can have short term positions if that is something you are looking for. Also can lead to permanent position if the placement is a good fit.

Cons

Not much job security. You don't always have much notice to show up for job assignment.

Provides great opportunities but does not do a good job at following up or keeping in contact with you.

Current Employee - Operations Field Lead  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Field Lead in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Adecco as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Helped me land a 2 year contracting job for Google Indoor Maps. Helped me learn about the tech industry. I made a lot internal contacts that could be utilized in the future.

Cons

Once you land a contracting position there is little to no follow up. They don't seem to care about their employees as they filter them in and out constantly.

Create a better environment for the employees under contract and keep in touch to make them feel noticed and appreciated.

Underpays top talent and makes promises it doesn't keep

Current Employee - Support Engineer
    Current Employee - Support Engineer

I have been working at Adecco full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is a large, growing company so there are many internal opportunities.

Cons

Underpays top talent and makes promises of increases but never follows through. Pays outside talent more then talent that has been with the company for years and therefore proven their talent. Notoriously bad management - micro managers, bad comm skills, not supportive, confusing, etc. Appears to make some ppl managers just bc they have been with the company for a while, not bc they have the talent to be a manager.

Learn to support your employees, not put unrealistic expectations without any real training. Use positive reinforcement! Always stand behind your employee, don't throw them under the bus because you're worried about making the onsite team feel bad.

Adecco Experience

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Adecco as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

With the representative that I was working with during that time with Adecco my experiance was very fufilling. He was attentive and really helpful. When an assignment ended he was swift with finding a new assignment for me.

Cons

My most resent experiance with Adecco has not been as great. I have been actively looking for employement and have hurd nothing from them. I have been consistantely calling them to see if there are any openings and haven't gotten anything back. In my previous experience with them I didn't have to chase them down for employement but now not only do I have to stay on them but I get little to no response back so I have no way of knowing why I'm not being placed. I would like to know if there is something that I am lacking or need to work on or if there is honestly nothing they can do for me at this time.

My advice to the management of Adecco Staffing would be to train the recruiters in how to deal with those of us who are jobseekers. We don't want them to just tell us that they don't have anything for us, we want to know why and if there is something that we are lacking. That way we can possibly improve our skills in order to gain employement.

Overworked, Underpaid

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Adecco full-time

Pros

The company has a great mission, to help companies and job seekers connect. Most of the colleagues are very professional, hard-working, smart people.

Cons

The workload is unreasonable and if you don't fit the profile of a "star"extrovert employee, opportunities for growth are limited. If you want to give up your life to outshine your peers, you're set. But if you're looking for work-life balance, forget it.

Leadership says it's concerned with overworking the staff, but it often seems like lip service.

Worked for Adecco? Contribute to the Community!