Adecco USA

Bob Crouch

23 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good 9 to 5 Job

I have been working at Adecco USA full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGood work life balance. There is flexibility if you need it. If you are happy in your position and not looking for advancement, this is the company for you.

ConsPay lower than competitors. And part of that is that they don't want to promote people because then they will have to give them more money.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is not honest. They have an hidden agenda.
Management has changed and they are saying that they will reward top performers, but they are looking for ways to reward and recognize without giving any additional monies.

Girls Club - run like an aging group of college co-eds

Technical Consultant (Former Employee)
Melville, NY

I worked at Adecco USA as a contractor for more than a year

ProsLike to spend a lot of money on Travel and Entertainment

ConsNo one is judged on merits or contribution / makes old boys club look like a joke. SrVP's could not sell ice in hell. Lots of unethical acts being committed and overlooked

Advice to Senior ManagementGo to church on Sunday - pray hard!

Better Work, Better Life (Adecco's logo).....Can you say...IRONY!!!

IT Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Adecco USA full-time for more than 10 years

ProsMelville office was conveniently located for L.I. residents
I've worked at Adecco for over ten years....atmosphere/people are very friendly and helpful.
Vacation is nice...18 days to start, 23 days after 5 years, 28 after ten.

ConsVery unorganized and chaotic organization structure.
Melville office is closing on Dec 31, 2014
The company wants to run like google and apple, without spending money on it's IT budget.
There's no career path, HR is non-existent.
Decisions are made out of it's global HQ, with little understanding how a US Market operates.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what the employees want, and take time to develop their careers, rather than off-shoring everything. Respect the people who work for you....

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work hard, work hard...

Recruiter (Current Employee)
Melville, NY

I have been working at Adecco USA full-time for more than a year

ProsPros - great colleagues, true teamates, "we're all in this together" mentality. Very fast paced environment, if you're sales driven you will thrive here!

ConsCons - low pay for the commitment required to succeed. Very little training and instruction on how do your job on the day to day. Only results matter. (This could be a Pro for some)

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease provide some real training.

Great agency for contract proofreading, editorial positions

Proofreader (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Adecco USA as a contractor for more than a year

Proschance to work in an editorial capacity, using my natural strengths for acuity, detail-oriented work

Conslimited opportunities for long-term, permanent assignments

Good learning Experience and then move on!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Adecco USA full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood learning experience. Good as the first job for College graduates but then move on..good Corporate Atmosphere, good benefits package, work life balance.

ConsFavoritism is a big factor here. Management Team has to like to you to promote you or give you a raise. Otherwise, you will be stuck in the same position for years. Micro management, low salaries, NO ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT.

Advice to Senior ManagementA message for Employee Relation’s team. Please move from your desk and walk around and keep a better eye and evaluate all your Seniors Managers in the corporate office. They are some Managers that because they have been with the company for years they feel like they own the company and do things as they pleased and they treat their employees in a bad way. Some of them they have no Management Skills at all.

Account Executives are responsive to consultants within a large consultancy

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Adecco USA full-time for less than a year

ProsCompetitive, The AE's work closely with consultants to grow relationships

ConsDue to acquisitions (e.g. Modis), they are often disorganized when seeking detailed info on things like Health Insurance, etc.

Make the Most of Your Employees

Administrative Assistant/Word Processor/Data Entry (Current Employee)
Bohemia, NY

I have been working at Adecco USA as a contractor for more than 5 years

ProsFlexible schedules, Friendly staff. Always there.

ConsWages could be better. Better attention could be made to skills and placement.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your employees working at the best salaries they can make. Don't let the clients make incorrect judgments. Don't be afraid to back good people. Companies always need good people.

Great Company if You Can Find Your Own Assignments

Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
Nutley, NJ

I worked at Adecco USA as a contractor for more than 5 years

ProsWithin 1 week of applying at Adecco, I had my first assignment. Because I worked for a large company, my assignment kept extending due to referrals and special requests to have me work in other departments. I learned a great deal in a temporary role as I was able to work in many different departments and companies which broadened my knowledge and skill set. I had the ability to offer suggestions from previous experiences on how to make systems and processes work more effectively.

Cons1. The benefits are horrendous. I paid out-of-pocket for my own health benefits. 2. Adecco never let me know when a new assignment became available. I had to network to find my own assignments. Had I not done that, I wouldn't have had a job. 3. When I received a raise (while working a long-term assignment) that the Adecco office found to be too high, Adecco staffing manager stated, "Just because you received that increase in this assignment, don't expect to get it when you go on to another assignment." And I didn't. But through networking and stating what I made in a previous position, Adecco had no choice but to reinstate my increase. 4. Adecco will not tell you when you may ask for a pay increase. Don't be afraid to go to Adecco and ask for an increase while on temporary assignments. You may ask for an increase during your first 3-6 months. And again every year of employment. The salary increase does not come from Adecco but rather the company that you are contracted with. 5. Adecco will not tell you that you can ask for paid vacations. Don't be afraid to ask for vacation. Adecco's policy is not to give paid vacation time. However, you can still negotiate vacation time with the company who hires you as a temporary employee. 6. Although you are supposed to be an employee of Adecco, I always felt I was an employee of anyone who I worked for. Those companies treated me so much better than Adecco.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't stifle hardworking employees with an amazing work ethic. When a temporary employee proves himself, reward that employee by finding a permanent position if the request is made by that employee. Don't "pretend" to assist. Hire genuine staffing agents.

One contract with promise of fulltime. Didnt happen

Greeter (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Adecco USA as a contractor for less than a year

ProsDecent pay for the work. Alot of set up during the interview process, but the pay was acceptable.

ConsNo real cons to bring up.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe realistic with your employees on the prospect of a full time position.

Worked for Adecco USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Adecco USA reviews and ratings in New York City, NY — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Adecco USA CEO Bob Crouch. All 23 reviews posted anonymously by Adecco USA employees.