Adelphoi Village

Be The First To
Add Photos

Plair Kucinski

Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFaced paced with very little routine. Days go by quick. Benefits and vacation time are unmatched. Lot of people to meet and interact with. Overtime is always available when needed and there is room to move within the company.

Conshigh stress environment. There is a high turnover rate and competent staff are hard to come by due to the low entry level pay.

Advice to Senior Managementraise entry level salaries to attract better interest

Good people to work with but management out of touch

ProsGrowing company, work with good people

ConsCompany keeps switching overall plans

Do not work here.....

ProsClocking out at the end of the day.

ConsI work for Adelphoi Village. The immediate supervisor snaps her fingers at her employees and is verbally abusive. She has done her best to make a high stress job almost unbearable. The paperwork and caseloads are not managable and are expected to be maintained within a 40 hour work week. I was told that I would be paid for one hour overtime and when I had turned in my hours and received my paycheck, the hours were removed without my knowledge and without informing me.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to your line staff!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A Mission that has gone astray

Management (Former Employee) Latrobe, PA

ProsGood place to get initial trainings and experience. Ability to interact with managers and staff.

ConsThe current leadership focuses only on the bottom line. The Mission of Adelphoi Village has been forgotten. They financially award those that don't ask questions while the staff that deal with the difficult clients are viewed as collateral damage. Benefits continue to be cut.

Advice to Senior ManagementReturn the focus back on the Mission. Focus on the well being of the staff

Adelphoi Village is a good company for those who are just starting a career.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Latrobe, PA

ProsAdelphoi Village has an ok benefit package.

ConsAdelphoi Village used to really care about the employee and the employees family, over the years they are moving away from that and you are just another number. As an enviroment that is hard and stressful I feel it is a shame they are getting away from this.

Excellent place to work but the management was "cliquey"

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Harrison Valley, PA

ProsYou get a chance to do very important work with teens. You make lasting friendships with other employees, education is very good.

ConsThe management staff were all good friends and this at times interfered with their being attuned to the needs of the staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure your senior staff is not too "inbred"

They not pay us very well.

ProsThe Vacation pay is better then any job I have had.

ConsUpper Management is not the greatest.

Working at Adelphoi was one of the best experiences of my life.

Educational Supervisor (Current Employee)

Pros1~Sincere management, has the employees best interest at heart.
    2~Rewarding.
    3~Challenging.
    4~Supportive personnel.
    5~Opportunity to change a child's life.

Cons1~Salary . . . Non-profit organization not capable of paying wages comparable to public school.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorrecting the name spelling of Dr. Kucinski . . . should be Blair. :-)

I strongly believe that the upper management is doing their absolute best to improve all areas of Adelphoi Village. I think that our management is under rated by those employees that don't take the time to follow information that has been provided. I know that several of my staff complain about our current financial situation, however, they don't take the time to understand the true financial aspects of what is exactly going on. Perhaps more information provided to the employees on a regular basis would help them to comprehend Adelphoi's financials?

okay but pay and benefits are poor

Prosflexible schedule, holiday time off

Conspoor pay and too little paid time off

Advice to Senior Managementsupport workers with better pay rates and more paid time off, accountability for managment

Worked for Adelphoi Village? Contribute to the Community!