Adept Technology

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Rob Cain

Excellent Product Development but Need Better Alignment of Marketing and Sales Strategy

Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
    Livermore, CA

ProsThe people that I worked with across all departments were very knowledgeable, collaborative, and helpful. I had the opportunity to manage a lot of different aspects of product marketing, including promotion, pricing, packaging, developing MRDs, gathering customer and prospect feedback on product requirements, and developing competitive sales tools, datasheets, case studies, and Web site content for new and existing product lines. I supported trade shows and spoke at an industry conference to evangelize the company and products to prospects.

ConsThere was a lot of work to do across each department and in my group, but there wasn't enough quantifiable data to back up corporate goals and strategic vision and to better leverage the resources of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo have stronger Strategic Marketing and Business Development teams to effectively drive corporate goals and align them better with sales strategy in order to grow.

Problematic Leadership with Select Good People Keeping Company Afloat

Marketing (Former Employee)
    Pleasanton, CA

ProsThere are good people working at this company. People will help out new employees and go the extra mile to make you feel comfortable. The flexible work environment was great. It was more important to get your tasks complete vs. working your full 8 hours everyday.

ConsThere was no succession plans. They tend to hire outside the company vs. promote within. Always cash starved. It felt that we would live and die by the latest sale. The management seemed very dysfunctional since 2008.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has since changed, so hopefully they are working on retaining their good talent.

Being an employee was like being in a toxic, dependent relationship that's going nowhere.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Pleasanton, CA

ProsIn this company, one person can really make a difference. If you want to be a rock star, you can and get the spotlight for doing a good job.

ConsUnfortunately, the company traps their employees so they are completely unemployable elsewhere. They don't nurture skill sets, and work you to the bone until you just want to give up and go anywhere else.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince 2008, the management team has been horrible. I dont know how any of their good employees stay there. Again - a toxic relationship.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Its a retirement home

Engineer (Current Employee)
    Pleasanton, CA

ProsAdept is in field of Robotics and is well respected in the Robotics Community

ConsThings move very slowly. Lack of accountability and leadership.

Company seems to have lost its way

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInteresting and unique products,Great technology. I mean its robotics, what more is there to say.

ConsIn recent years it seems that Adept lost recipe on how to make a fun and dynamic work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating employees like they valuable partners in your enterprise. Many of your current employees have gone through a lot of hardships for the company and It is really hard to give a 110% when you feel that you are getting 50% effort back from management.

Good place to work

Analyst (Current Employee)

Prosgood to work in this place

ConsNo progress in salary aspect

Advice to Senior Managementneed to grow much and improve a lot. needs good number of managing team and also the marketing team for it.

Worked for Adept Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Adept Technology reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Adept Technology CEO Rob Cain . All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Adept Technology employees.