Aditi

Aditi Reviews in Redmond, WA

3.6

Aditi President & CEO Pradeep Rathinam
Pradeep Rathinam

Pros
  • Latest technology to work and good work life balance (in 15 reviews)

• The work culture is good, You can work in shorts also, WFH option, Nice leave benefit (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • g) problem in work life balance (in 12 reviews)

• Short term projects, Stressful at times (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

it all depends on your project

Current Employee - Program Manager in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aditi as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Decent projects (2011), good employee representative. Pretty hands off and no trouble getting through their processes.

Cons

Hourly W2 rate was lower than about 35% of the other agencies and they were not willing to negotiate.

Pay out a higher percentage of the bill rate to your contractors if they want to opt out of the worthless 401k program.
    Focus on companies other than Microsoft and T-Mobile or AT&T for vendor opportunities. Smaller firms can use vendor support and are more responsive, higher paying and have better contract to hire rates!

No concern for your growth or satisfaction, lowball you in pay, & deceitful. Just another number.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aditi

Pros

-Availability of contract positions.
    -Completely removed from your work (you are accountable to yourself and company employees you work closely with).
    -Will offer higher pay in liue of benefits package.

Cons

-Cannot be trusted. Offered me one rate of pay then tried to reduce it by over 30% in my initial offer letter. After some struggle I was able to get the pay that was originally quoted to me.
    -Although I have been with this company for 4 years and returned to the same contract year after year, taking on more and more responsiblity (now managing other contractors on the team), they have reduced my pay twice. The last time they snuck in a 7 cent/hour decrease. REALLY???
    - No concern or follow up. My rep was not even aware that my contract had ended. They also continued to call me about other positions after I had returned to my contract. No answers to questions I had regarding other job titles/compensation/etc.

I have returned to this company only because I need to for insurance reasons. Bottom line - You do not want to work with this company. Call around, there are so many more options if you are contracting. Now that my insurances issues are cleared up, I am out of here!

Have some interest in the people who work for you. Contractors are your customers, without them you would not be in existence. Offer fair wages. Have some integrity and do not fall back on your work. Be more responsive. Recognize and REWARD your people.

Aditi Response

Sep 11, 2014Head, Marketing

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this with us. We are sorry you had a bad experience and we did not do enough to make you feel as part of the team.
    It sounds quite terrible from your note and I would feel
    ... More

not good

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer II in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer II in Redmond, WA

I worked at Aditi

Pros

thought its a good company but after working there got to know, not a good company at all

Cons

not good,no consideration for employees ,

become emplyee friendly not money friendly

The most corporate backwards place i have worked next to maybe 1 other agency in 10 years of contracting...

Former Employee - Microsoft Contract in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Microsoft Contract in Redmond, WA

I worked at Aditi

Pros

- good opportunities / job contracts .... at a price....

Cons

- bad compensation compared to other places (if you don't get it in writing it never happened)
    - bad wage fairness / raise practices / performance evaluations
    - bad managerial recognition of their contractors value to their bankroll (they'll cut contractors off before they trim their administrative overhead)
    - double talking representatives who avoid you when you have things to discuss
    - bad communication overall
    - bad paperwork handling you have to doublecheck everything and it take weeks to fix clerical errors

- view your contractors with higher regard as we make you your money
    - in bad economy you need to reduce your administrative overhead not take away and hog tie your workers in the trenches making you your money we are people too and deserve fair compensation not to be used up and discarded
    - actually listen to complaints about your personnel
    - do not threaten the lively hood of a worker if they choose to tell you you are wrong / respect us we will respect you
    - learn that vacation / paid time off are not reasons to cut a third of our hourly pay because even temp workers need breaks on long duration contracts we should not have to pay for such a expected thing as a 2 weeks vacation after a year
    - from what I hear from my other agents still under this banner things have only gotten worse and I am glad I left when I did.... your ex workers are your walking talking referrals we talk to bosses and word does make its way up
    - don't waste money on a Christmas time cruise for your 'employees' us contractors would be much happier with having that much more Christmas bonus money in our pockets rather than wasting it on a social cruise of a place we are only temporarily tied to... we are here to do a job and we are in it for the money...i do not view such things as productive and never attend them anyway as I am not an employee of aditi and only view companies such as this as temporary harbors nothing more.... i am a independent contractor and as long as my paychecks are signed and all i am due is paid i have no use for activities such as this....if you want to give your office staff a christmas party go ahead but us contractors prefer cash....especially when it is on days when not all of us can attend because we are too busy working on site and cannot all leave the place and for that reason again just give us the extra cash...

Vendor/Contractor Mill

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer III in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer III in Redmond, WA

I worked at Aditi

Pros

One of the larger suppliers of contingent staff to Microsoft, so they provide a constant flow of opportunities with various teams. If you're good, contingent staff positions can help you get your foot in the door for a full time position (though that's by no means a guarantee).

Cons

Recruiters constantly calling about positions too junior and too low-paying. Pay and benefits are below average compared with full-time employment in the same market doing essentially the same job. Little concern for on-site working conditions (at one point, there were four of us assigned to a single-person office), though to be fair, I'm sure Microsoft deserves some credit for this treatment. Also, the laptop provided was basically useless (when I turned it on the battery was fully charged but could only give about five minutes of use before it was depleted). Fortunately I had access to usable hardware at the client site.

It's possible to do great work through Aditi and see little reward. Despite the fact that the client team at Microsoft loved me, there was no doubt in my mind that I would leave for somewhere better as soon as I could. Consider ways to encourage your best employees to stay loyal and make a career with Aditi -- decent equipment, salary instead of hourly, better benefits, vacation, etc. Better talent sticking around might lead to a better reputation and more lucrative client contracts.

Avoid it you can

Current Employee - Contractor in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Contractor in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aditi

Pros

Access to Microsoft contracts and networking opportunities

Cons

Repeated payroll errors
    A detached Sr Mgmt (offshore, but it's not the geographical separation that is the problem)
    Lack of accountability from Sr Mgmt.
    Lowball pay rates
    Reputed as having some of the highest markup on contractor rates.
    Staff often fail to show on time for meetings with client.
    Local mgmt often has to scramble to mitigate problems created by Sr Mgmt lack of leadership. The local office has a high turnover rate as they are often left 'hanging in the wind' and bear the brunt of contractor dissatisfaction.

1) Pay attention and respond to the problems. An vaguely worded apology after the fact "for the inconvenience" of repeated payroll issues is not exactly being accountable.
    2) Offer competitive pay rates to contractors, or risk losing any semblance of loyalty or good will.