Adknowledge

Updated December 16, 2014
3.9

Adknowledge CEO Ben Legg
Ben Legg

Pros
  • Good benefits (medical, flexible time-off, free lunches twice a week etc) (in 23 reviews)

• Fast paced, ever-changing environment is very exciting, keeps you on your toes (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Fast paced environment can some times hurt focus on projects (in 9 reviews)

• frequent management/team changes, lack of training, less career growth opportunities (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

It's a cliche but we really do work hard play hard.

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Adknowledge full-time (more than an year)

Pros

We have great leadership with a clear vision. No one is looking over my shoulder and telling me what to do each day. I have my tasks and I'm evaluated based on my performance. We don't sweat the little things. Feels like my second family.

Great benefits, very casual comfortable environment. They want you to feel at home and it does feel that way. Catered food twice a week, beer in the fridge, pool table. Excellent medical benefits.

Cons

It's an entrepreneurship environment, if you like clear cut daily tasks this might not be for you.

It would be great to have more interdepartmental events. I know very few people outside of my department. It would be great to have some group activity like Paint Balling to get to know everyone.

Great Potential for Growth

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Adknowledge full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Adknowledge has great health benefits. Ideas and opinions of individual employees are encouraged and highly considered. It's a fun office culture with great incentives for acting above and beyond. Company wide activities also encourage social interactions.

Cons

Technology used. Microsoft Exchange can be difficult to use and integrate.

Allow remote work.

Fluidity

I have been working at Adknowledge full-time

Pros

The online advertising business is always changing. This company is consistently looking for ways over under and through the challenges that arise on a regular basis. It has a diverse business model in multiple segments of the industry. There are consistent promotions within the organization and transferring employees between teams to focus on priorities for those who are good at what they do. Alot of people have bonus opportunity directly tied to the performance of the business and managers can change targets as the business changes. If the company goals are missed, you can still earn a bonus awarded by your manager if you are awesome at what you accomplished so you are not penalized. There is always too much to do and I like how the company has made it so you can hold yourself accountable for your own balance when it comes to your personal life and still be successful. We have flexibility in time-off, we have great technology to do our job on the fly, and we have quite a few activities during the work days to give us mental breaks. Everyone contributes and has the opportunity to affect the business, I love that is is a place where "that's not my job" or "there's nothing I can do" is not part of our makeup.

Cons

The cons are more about what works for you. If you want an 9-5 job where it doesn't push you, this place is not it. If you are not comfortable with change, then this isn't it. If you need a place where you have a identified career ladder, then ADK is not right and probably never will be because all the teams I know are small. I believe the reason for this is to give the ability for everyone to make an impact and people are not in a silo of only being allowed to do one thing. If you like clearly defined paths and processes, this is the downside to a consistently changing business and strategy, it won't happen. You have to be flexible, driven, enjoy making decisions and offering impact on a daily basis... there is no room for phoning it in.

Management has greatly improved in promoting their people however the downside to this is training new managers. There are a lot who can use this and should be required to complete. Also the downside to multiple business and changing strategies, is some times there is a lack of continuity and communication. Communicate what is driving changes, talk about the challenges or the bad so your people can understand why certain decisions are made. Yes it may create a short time negative result however your good employees will step up and help move beyond it.

Adknowledge Response

Dec 5, 2014Communications manager

Wow! Thanks for writing an incredibly thorough review. You make lots of valid points, and thank you for the reminder that we can always improve intra-office communication.

No upward advancement

I have been working at Adknowledge full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

free lunches 2x a week

Cons

There is very little upward momentum in the company. There is a general feeling that exemplary performance is not rewarded, and that Adknowledge will take every opportunity to withhold bonuses/salary increases by using loopholes and setting unrealistic expectations.

Deliver what you promise, and reward your employees when they do an exemplary job - not with some 'golden key', but actual advancement within the company.

Great fun, results-driven culture

I have been working at Adknowledge full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great culture. Very results driven. If you are looking for a place to grow, be challenged and rewarded for efforts, this is the place to be. Lots of opportunity across products, functions and around the global (Adknowledge is currently in 20 countries). Management gives the team a lot of autonomy to get the job done. Company is very focused on a work hard, play hard culture. Expectations are very high. But lots of emphasis on culture: scavenger hunts, ping pong tournaments, even a beer fridge keeps the environment fun.

Cons

If you like to slack off on your job, this is not the place for you.

Few slow days and lots of accomplishments

I have been working at Adknowledge full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic place to learn and develop broad skills in the ad tech space. Leaders exhibit ad tech thought leadership and are innovative, approachable and collaborative. Relaxed yet fast-paced environment - tons of perks like free lunches, fun events, no dress code.

Cons

The nature of the business is to constantly (and smartly) pivot, so you have to stay on your toes to keep up.

Thank you for being you.

Relocated and Loving it.

I have been working at Adknowledge full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Adknowledge is by far one of my favorite jobs I've had. Innovative ideas are key. People here know their craft/tech. You will always find someone who knows how to do something or can point you in the right direction. The perks (Monday and Wednesday Catered Lunches, Free soda | coffee | tea, Casual dress, and more) are an added bonus.

Cons

I guess I would say; Adknowledge is fast paced and constantly changing, so you have to be able to quickly adapt to new challenges.

Introverts are diamonds in the rough.

Adknowledge Response

Dec 5, 2014Communications manager

We're truly happy that you're happy. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Great place to work

I have been working at Adknowledge full-time (more than an year)

Pros

We are smart group of employees that work hard and play hard. It’s a great culture with flat interactions between all levels of the company. Vision and growth are endless and our execution has been strong.

Cons

Products for the various channels and team structures develop and change at incredible speeds which leads to occasional hiccups and friction.

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Finance in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Finance in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Adknowledge full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- The People - industrious, ambitious, helpful
    -The Culture - fun, work hard-play harder
    - Opportunities - plentiful opportunities to jump in to a multitude of areas to grow and learn

Cons

If you don't have a high level of ambition and intensity this company probably isn't for you.

Dont believe the reviews. They are written by HR.

Former Employee - Senior Linux Administrator in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Linux Administrator in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Adknowledge full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free lunch twice a week

Cons

Long hours, bleeding money. EVERYTHING you read in the 1 and 2 star reviews in true. They constantly shift everything. Systems, strategies, developer assignments.

Sell while the company still has some value.