Adknowledge

Adknowledge Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Adknowledge CEO Ben Legg

Ben Legg

Pros
  • Good benefits (medical, flexible time-off, free lunches twice a week etc)(in 23 reviews)

• PTO policy is nice, as are the catered lunches and casual/no dress code(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Very fast-paced (which isn't a "con" to many here)(in 11 reviews)

• frequent management/team changes, lack of training, less career growth opportunities(in 7 reviews)

No Two Days the Same at ADK

Team Lead, Account Management (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsThe culture at Adknowledge is unlike any place I have worked in Kansas City. We really embody the phrase "work hard, play hard". There is a contagious energy in the office - everyone strives to come up with better ideas and more innovative strategies than we did the day before. Our industry is always changing, forcing us to adapt with it. No two work days are the same for this reason, which makes coming to work every day much more enjoyable. Employee are rewarded for hard work with tons of perks, like a casual dress code, catered lunches, free soda machines and Starbucks coffee. It is not uncommon to find people shooting pool, playing darts or engaging in a fierce game in the break room throughout the day.

ConsThere are a lot of opportunities to move and change positions throughout the company and to other office locations, but there is somewhat limited opportunity for upward career advancement. Senior management and leadership roles do not become available very often.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think employees would appreciate more frequent updates on the state of the business (acquisitions, changes to the organization, general updates).

Highly talented organization with incredibly opportunity for advancement

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsDynamic, fast paced and constantly evolving company. There is always something new to learn and a new way to contribute to the success of the business. Employees are empowered to think outside the box and collaborate with their fellow highly intelligent, driven co-workers. Employees are recognized for their contribution and there is great opportunity to move within the various business units, expanding your own individual knowledge as well as furthering your career.

ConsThe company is demanding - but this isn't necessarily a "con" for most of the employees. The demanding culture brings with it innovation and success. This is not the company for someone looking for a 9-5 job where they can blend into a group.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep sharing information, involving employees at all levels in discussions around the vision of the company. Don't stop asking for feedback and don't stop listening when you receive it.

Adknowledge Communications manager responded to this review

Apr 8, 2014

Thank you for the review and for your years of contribution. It's important to hear from an Adknowledge veteran with your level of experience and perspective!

Everyone gets a chance to succeed here

Pros1. Lots of smart people--it's an engineer-driven company
    2. The money is pretty good--competitive for the field
    3. Free lunches a couple times per week--company caters-in pretty good meals
    4. Decent benefits, especially for tech company--good health and OK 401k

Cons1. Fast pace (not a drawback for me)
    2. Somewhat limited advancement possibilities
    3. Hours can be long, depending on current projects

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep giving the teams the freedom to innovate. That's where this company has succeeded and that's how it'll get to the next level. Make sure everyone feels like a contributor to this progress.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Only a handful of KC companies offer this type of exposure, and this is one of them.

(Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsI'm always learning and tackling something I've never done before which keeps me challenged and having fun. My resume continues to build, all while absorbing the knowledge from the data junkies and thought leaders we've attracted here at ADK. The experience I'm getting today is such a commodity, especially in the small market of KC. Come here to grow and you'll get what you asked for. The culture, benefits, perks, people - all fantastic. Honorable mentions are the catered lunches, the random fun events and contests, and the commitment to wellness.

ConsThe challenges lie more in the industry rather than the company. Digital advertising, and more specifically the technology behind it, change so quickly that before you finish one initiative you're onto the next. You have to be okay with scrapping many of your projects without seeing them through, then switching gears - maybe all in the same week. This is the definition of innovation - and not everyone's built for it. If you're one of those people that likes to 'perfect your craft' and then sit on it with pride for the next decade, this isn't for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Adknowledge is a great company to work for, with great team members.

ProsStrong leadership, focus, teamwork, great communication. We are in a challenging and ever-changing industry, which makes every day different and exciting.

ConsThere are still growing pains due to how fast the industry changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue communicating and sharing insights with the teams!

Great Company for A-Players

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsExcellence is rewarded, slackers wash-out quickly--usually in one year.

Focus on results: little politics in the office. If you produce, you excel.

Collegial atmosphere: routinely see team members hanging out to grab a drink after work

ConsVery fast-paced (which isn't a "con" to many here)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pressing forward with international expansion. While the US is a world leader in digital marketing, others are catching-up. Take advantage of that growth potential. And push the teams to integrate more seamlessly.

Ever Changing!

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsIt has been awesome to see the changes in this company over the years. Each day new challenges arise and the employees here never seem to crumple under the pressure. We work in small teams of 5-10 where everyone has an opportunity to drive results without jumping through a bunch of bureaucratic hoops. It is definitely work hard and play hard but the "work hard" is by choice for so many. I love how your voice is heard no matter if you are a junior employee or a manager. It's exciting to see new ideas and focus come from group discussions. I see so many employees go the extra mile outside of their every day responsibilities, it is a real testament to the type of company and culture we have. Yes we have a lot of fringe benefits but its the environment and the people that make this a great place to work.

ConsGrowing pains. ADK has really focused on providing career development their employees this last year. That comes with a lot of training needs for those who moved into management. Managers have direct impact on their teams and their work life. However, I know the company recognizes this and is currently working on options to develop these managers. In the mean time is means a few bumps in the road.

Everyone here has alot to do!! If you are someone who likes to punch a clock, or your responsibilities clearly defined and that is all you do, then this place is not for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to evolve and grow, keep on eye on those employees who may be reaching their limit then provide the resources they need

Adknowledge is a wonderful company to work for. I am so grateful they found me on LinkedIn and gave me this Opportunity.

Salesforce Administrator (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsBenefits at Adknowledge are the Best of the Best! I have not had such great insurance in a long time!

ConsI'm very happy here and currently do not have any Cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementProviding Ongoing training to improve my skills is Amazing! It's so nice to have an employer who really cares about your success.

Adknowledge Communications manager responded to this review

Apr 8, 2014

Thank you for the review and for getting on-board here at Adknowledge!

Awesome company in an exciting industry.

Intern (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

Pros- great mentoring
    - fantastic people
    - even interns are given real world work experience and intern supervisors are really good at providing helpful feedback on projects

ConsVery few cons, if any, exist.

Truly a great digital experience : Best Summer Internship I have ever had

Data Analytics Intern (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsTotally Laid back environment.
    Co-workers are totally cool and very helpful.
    A lot of learning and exposure to new technologies
    The most important thing : they value your work and recognize it.

ConsI dint see anything at all during my tenure

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat Going :)

Worked for Adknowledge? Contribute to the Community!