Adknowledge Reviews

130 reviews filtered by
3.9
Adknowledge CEO Ben Legg
Ben Legg

Pros
  • Good benefits (medical, flexible time-off, free lunches twice a week etc) (in 23 reviews)

• Fast paced, ever-changing environment is very exciting, keeps you on your toes (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Fast paced environment can some times hurt focus on projects (in 9 reviews)

• frequent management/team changes, lack of training, less career growth opportunities (in 5 reviews)

Fast Paced Environment

I have been working at Adknowledge

Pros

-strong investment in adtech
    -very results and goal oriented culture, basically "get stuff done" mentality
    -people are friendly and team player centric

Cons

-lack of professional development and management training
    -murky vision for the company
    -hiring process could be more stringent

Advice to Management

Focus more on HR and culture to develop, maintain and grow your top tier talent.

Adknowledge is a great company to work for.

I worked at Adknowledge full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great people, great benefits and they pay well. They are a very employee centered and offer paid lunches twice a week.

Cons

They need to do a better job communicating changes to their employees.

Want predictability and bankers hours? Apply elsewhere.

Current Employee - Shared Services in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Shared Services in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Adknowledge full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The work is always challenging and the pay is fair. We have perks here that people in the "regular" corporate world would kill for: catered lunch twice a week, daily happy hours with stocked beer refrigerators, free snacks and drinks throughout the day.

Cons

We move fast and pivot often, but that's digital marketing. If you work somewhere in this industry that DOESN'T make routine changes, your shop is going to be dark soon. It's just the nature of the business.

Advice to Management

Run hard with video--it's the next big thing in digital advertising. From a personnel standpoint, work with A-players to create career paths It'll keep the good ones from going elsewhere.

The Worst Company I Ever Worked For!

Former Employee - Sales in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Sales in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Adknowledge full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I really wish there was something positive I could say about this company, the Sr. Management team are a bunch of greedy narcissistic ego maniacs that only care about how much money they can make.

Cons

To put it bluntly do not even look at job opportunities with Adknowledge, they will suck the life out of you and then re-org and let you go.

Advice to Management

QUIT!

Dont believe the reviews. They are written by HR.

Former Employee - Senior Linux Administrator in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Linux Administrator in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Adknowledge full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free lunch twice a week

Cons

Long hours, bleeding money. EVERYTHING you read in the 1 and 2 star reviews in true. They constantly shift everything. Systems, strategies, developer assignments.

Advice to Management

Sell while the company still has some value.

Feb 23, 2015Communications manager

While we appreciate that a former employee took time to offer a few thoughts, the assertion that the human resources department writes the favorable reviews is unequivocally false.

As for being a
    ... More

It's a cliche but we really do work hard play hard.

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Adknowledge full-time (more than a year)

Pros

We have great leadership with a clear vision. No one is looking over my shoulder and telling me what to do each day. I have my tasks and I'm evaluated based on my performance. We don't sweat the little things. Feels like my second family.

Great benefits, very casual comfortable environment. They want you to feel at home and it does feel that way. Catered food twice a week, beer in the fridge, pool table. Excellent medical benefits.

Cons

It's an entrepreneurship environment, if you like clear cut daily tasks this might not be for you.

Advice to Management

It would be great to have more interdepartmental events. I know very few people outside of my department. It would be great to have some group activity like Paint Balling to get to know everyone.

No upward advancement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Adknowledge full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

free lunches 2x a week

Cons

There is very little upward momentum in the company. There is a general feeling that exemplary performance is not rewarded, and that Adknowledge will take every opportunity to withhold bonuses/salary increases by using loopholes and setting unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Management

Deliver what you promise, and reward your employees when they do an exemplary job - not with some 'golden key', but actual advancement within the company.

Great Potential for Growth

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Adknowledge full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Adknowledge has great health benefits. Ideas and opinions of individual employees are encouraged and highly considered. It's a fun office culture with great incentives for acting above and beyond. Company wide activities also encourage social interactions.

Cons

Technology used. Microsoft Exchange can be difficult to use and integrate.

Advice to Management

Allow remote work.

I was emailed by an executive and asked to post a positive review about adknowledge

Current Employee - Account Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Adknowledge full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was asked nicely to provide a what I would call fake positive review.

Cons

This is the height of unethical behavior. Try fixing the problems instead of faking reviews.

Advice to Management

The culture has a serious problem. The business model does as well. Churn and burn is a terrible way to run a company.

Dec 5, 2014Communications manager

We encourage current employees to write honest reviews on Glassdoor, good or bad. Here's the final line from the email the employee received: "Reviews can be anonymous, and please write whatever you ... More

Fluidity

I have been working at Adknowledge full-time

Pros

The online advertising business is always changing. This company is consistently looking for ways over under and through the challenges that arise on a regular basis. It has a diverse business model in multiple segments of the industry. There are consistent promotions within the organization and transferring employees between teams to focus on priorities for those who are good at what they do. Alot of people have bonus opportunity directly tied to the performance of the business and managers can change targets as the business changes. If the company goals are missed, you can still earn a bonus awarded by your manager if you are awesome at what you accomplished so you are not penalized. There is always too much to do and I like how the company has made it so you can hold yourself accountable for your own balance when it comes to your personal life and still be successful. We have flexibility in time-off, we have great technology to do our job on the fly, and we have quite a few activities during the work days to give us mental breaks. Everyone contributes and has the opportunity to affect the business, I love that is is a place where "that's not my job" or "there's nothing I can do" is not part of our makeup.

Cons

The cons are more about what works for you. If you want an 9-5 job where it doesn't push you, this place is not it. If you are not comfortable with change, then this isn't it. If you need a place where you have a identified career ladder, then ADK is not right and probably never will be because all the teams I know are small. I believe the reason for this is to give the ability for everyone to make an impact and people are not in a silo of only being allowed to do one thing. If you like clearly defined paths and processes, this is the downside to a consistently changing business and strategy, it won't happen. You have to be flexible, driven, enjoy making decisions and offering impact on a daily basis... there is no room for phoning it in.

Advice to Management

Management has greatly improved in promoting their people however the downside to this is training new managers. There are a lot who can use this and should be required to complete. Also the downside to multiple business and changing strategies, is some times there is a lack of continuity and communication. Communicate what is driving changes, talk about the challenges or the bad so your people can understand why certain decisions are made. Yes it may create a short time negative result however your good employees will step up and help move beyond it.

Dec 5, 2014Communications manager

Wow! Thanks for writing an incredibly thorough review. You make lots of valid points, and thank you for the reminder that we can always improve intra-office communication.