Adler School of Professional Psychology

CEO

Good all around

Current Employee - Administrative  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Administrative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Adler School of Professional Psychology full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really like the atmosphere that the school creates. All ideas are welcome. Good benefits, time off during the holidays and half days in the summer

Cons

none that I can think of!

Very good experience, room for growth and good professional development opportunities

Current Employee - Middle Management  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Middle Management in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Adler School of Professional Psychology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellen benefits as well as professional development opportunities. I truly enjoyed all the faculty and staff that I worked with. It is overall a great organization, I worked there for about 5 years and would recommend it to anyone.

Cons

I have no cons on this school

Keep up the good work

Too political for such a small place

Current Employee - Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Adler School of Professional Psychology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits: company match (starts at 5%), generous pool of professional development $ that can be spent on outside conferences. Summer hours, lots of holidays.
    Nice co-workers, passionate about the cause of social justice.

Cons

Lack of centralized short term planning. Each team pursues their own little project without understanding its impact on others.
    Culture of fake smiling, sugar coating and complimenting management, no matter what.
    Very unhelpful and political HR. If you complain, be prepared to have a follow up chat with you boss.
    Salaries are low, although this is somewhat outweighed by perks.

Think before you jump and commit your team in another project. Don't fix what ain't broken.
    Get out of your executive hub and mingle with us, mortals. You may actually benefit from knowing what's going on in the tranches.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very flexible work atmosphere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Adler School of Professional Psychology part-time

Pros

Very flexible work atmosphere, very personable and fun supervisors, and plent of time to complete homework (usually)

Cons

Not too much to do, so can be boring. However, when there are tasks to do, they can be monotonous and repetitive.

Adler School is a great place to work and I feel valued as a person and member of the staff.

Current Employee - Staff  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Staff in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Adler School of Professional Psychology

Pros

The mission and vision of the school play a huge part in everything we do. Passionate faculty and staff!

Cons

Not all faculty and staff understand the need for streamlined processes and that they will only benefit us all in the long run.

Continue what you are doing! Just do not lose sight of who we are and why we are here.

Great mission; needs better management

Former Employee - Adjunct Faculty  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Chicago, IL

I worked at Adler School of Professional Psychology

Pros

Commitment to social responsibility and demonstrated belief in helping the less fortunate

Cons

Incompetent President disconnected from day to day reality of staff

Less salary for President; more money for social initiatives

Worked for Adler School of Professional Psychology? Contribute to the Community!