Adler School of Professional Psychology

3.9

CEO

High-change environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Adler School of Professional Psychology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Mission-driven, employees are valued, pay is fair, benefits and work/life balance are great. Positive work environment, colleagues are generally good to work with.

Cons

Constant change happening at all levels. Constantly adding new programs without the resources in staff and faculty to support them, and now shifting from Adler School to Adler University. Faculty can be difficult to work with.

Stop adding so many people in admissions and shift those resources to other areas of the school that need more people.

Being part of an important mission

Former Employee - Core Faculty/Department Chair in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Core Faculty/Department Chair in Chicago, IL

I worked at Adler School of Professional Psychology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing colleagues committed to advancing social responsibility in the curriculum and in the students. The faculty, both core and adjunct, bring an impressive depth of experience in a multitude of disciplines that they are happy to share with students.

Cons

Too many levels of bureaucracy slow/stop initiatives. Adler is too quick to hire recent grads into adjunct positions. As a result these recent grads rely too heavily on theory and don't have the personal experience to make the course material "alive". The demands of carrying multiple course while being required to participate in multiple committees negatively impacts work-life balance.

Tell students the reality of post graduation employment with a Masters and with a Doctorate. Share licensing pass rate for Adler students taking the EPPP. Share post-doc employment rates and starting / mid career salaries.

My experience at the Adler School of Professional Psychology has been positive.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Adler School of Professional Psychology as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The atmosphere is generally upbeat, positive, and supportive. I agree with the school values of social justice and feel the school is attempting to improve society. The interior design is also relaxing and well done. While this may not br important to everyone, it seems to instill a more relaxing atmosphere.

Cons

The work culture is different than other places I have been. This is great for many people, including myself, however, I can see how it may take time to adjust to for others.

Good all around

Current Employee - Administrative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Administrative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Adler School of Professional Psychology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really like the atmosphere that the school creates. All ideas are welcome. Good benefits, time off during the holidays and half days in the summer

Cons

none that I can think of!

Very good experience, room for growth and good professional development opportunities

Current Employee - Middle Management in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Middle Management in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Adler School of Professional Psychology full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellen benefits as well as professional development opportunities. I truly enjoyed all the faculty and staff that I worked with. It is overall a great organization, I worked there for about 5 years and would recommend it to anyone.

Cons

I have no cons on this school

Keep up the good work

Too political for such a small place

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Good benefits: company match (starts at 5%), generous pool of professional development $ that can be spent on outside conferences. Summer hours, lots of holidays.
    Nice co-workers, passionate about the cause of social justice.

Cons

Lack of centralized short term planning. Each team pursues their own little project without understanding its impact on others.
    Culture of fake smiling, sugar coating and complimenting management, no matter what.
    Very unhelpful and political HR. If you complain, be prepared to have a follow up chat with you boss.
    Salaries are low, although this is somewhat outweighed by perks.

Think before you jump and commit your team in another project. Don't fix what ain't broken.
    Get out of your executive hub and mingle with us, mortals. You may actually benefit from knowing what's going on in the tranches.

Very flexible work atmosphere

I have been working at Adler School of Professional Psychology part-time

Pros

Very flexible work atmosphere, very personable and fun supervisors, and plent of time to complete homework (usually)

Cons

Not too much to do, so can be boring. However, when there are tasks to do, they can be monotonous and repetitive.

Adler School is a great place to work and I feel valued as a person and member of the staff.

Current Employee - Staff in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Staff in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Adler School of Professional Psychology

Pros

The mission and vision of the school play a huge part in everything we do. Passionate faculty and staff!

Cons

Not all faculty and staff understand the need for streamlined processes and that they will only benefit us all in the long run.

Continue what you are doing! Just do not lose sight of who we are and why we are here.

Great mission; needs better management

Former Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Chicago, IL

I worked at Adler School of Professional Psychology

Pros

Commitment to social responsibility and demonstrated belief in helping the less fortunate

Cons

Incompetent President disconnected from day to day reality of staff

Less salary for President; more money for social initiatives