Admiral Group

Henry Engelhardt

Intern

Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I have been working at Admiral Group as an intern

ProsWelcoming, Friendly Environment. Fun, laid back environment. Lots of independence on the project we were assigned. Allowed us to participate in leadership training with recent graduates in management track program.

ConsNot really much to speak of. Occasionally a bit isolated on our project, but others were always willing to help/ meet up.

Great work experience, no career opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Admiral Group full-time

ProsCulture, values, fun, people, engagement

ConsMoney, benefits, senior managers, senior directors, sincerity

Advice to Senior ManagementChoose experienced managers

great company to work for

Human Resources (Current Employee)
Halifax, NS (Canada)

I have been working at Admiral Group full-time for more than 3 years

Prosincredible opportunities. we're all equal, employer of choice, financially sound with a healthy reserve plan. free fruit, in house yoga, fun is a priority while balanced of course with getting results

Consprofessional project mgmt isn't always in the works, we fly by the seat of our pants. This has pro's (we're nimble, adaptable) but some con's (repeat errors).

Advice to Senior Managementput a lot of resources into the US business. all employees are shareholders and our single biggest growth potential is the massive US market. We're all counting on it from a personal finance perspective.

Strong business that has trouble hiring business leaders

Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I have been working at Admiral Group

ProsIndividuals get big opportunities all the time. Relatively junior staff can get make or break projects that other companies would demand decades of experience for. Ownership is pretty solid. Versus other insurers, the company is quick to make decisions and still willing to try new stuff without a 3 year delay doing endless powerpoint. On the whole these are positive things that help the business and people grow.

ConsRecent hires in senior management are questionable - people imported from large corporates who are afraid to make decisions and don't like being asked to do work themselves. Newer business departments (overseas, price comparison) are highly political. Under-performers are not managed out and are paid so well they never volunteer to leave, meaning there is an increasing layer of dead weight in the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelopment internal appointees rather than putting faith in external corporate hires who lack the work ethic and interest in the business needed to make us succeed. Focus on results, not politics.

Worked for Admiral Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Admiral Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Admiral Group CEO Henry Engelhardt. All reviews posted anonymously by Admiral Group employees.