Admirals Bank Reviews

Nicholas W. Lazares

1. Fulfillment Specialist

Current Employee - Lead Fulfillment Specialist in Warren, RI
    Current Employee - Lead Fulfillment Specialist in Warren, RI

I have been working at Admirals Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

inovatived in the Title One Lending Industry

Cons

bulidning a plane in the air

Advice to Management

recognize and cultivate talent

2. Not a wonderful experience

Pros

location is good - back bay

Cons

office politics, very little movement for growth

Boy's Club

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Its in a nice building that they cant afford. The parties are nice which they also cannot afford.

Cons

Just like the country itself, this greek "bank" aka boys club is going under. CEO does not know what he's doing and should have stuck to dunkin donuts and stayed retired. The company is riddled with debauchery. All you have to do to succeed here is 1) be greek or 2) sleep your way to the top. The bank has terrible products such as slow FHA Title 1 loans, which any person in the US with a 600 fico score and capable of typing in google could find a better deal. Their new unsecured loans are begging for lawsuits, and they are still barely making money on them. Even with Goldman Sachs connections, they still couldnt be acquired. The name "Admirals bank" and their nautical theme is well suited, because this ship is going to sink.

Advice to Management

No advice would even help this crew

5. Loan Officer

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Providence, RI

I have been working at Admirals Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of room for growth.

Cons

Growing almost too fast.

6. S.O.S

Former Employee - Various Roles
    Former Employee - Various Roles

I worked at Admirals Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some bosses are OK while others think they're the best thing since sliced bread. The office parties were fun and the offices are well decorated. Free snacks for employees and casual Friday's are nice.

Cons

Senior Management is clueless.. They foster a culture where instability is the norm. Favoritism is at the forefront and HR really should go back to school for a class on HR 101. It's amazing how so many of the remaining people all have some sort of connection to the CEO and his Cape Cod country club.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites and stop recklessly spending the bank's money. Employees are constantly worrying about what the bank's direction is, and truthfully everyone is always looking over their shoulder wondering who is going to get fired next. Cutting costs to boost the bottom line and living quarter to quarter is no way to run a business. Focus on growth and commit to a plan (and if there is a plan, communicate it to everyone regardless of where they fall in the hierarchy). Transparency goes a long way and unfortunately it’s a word not found in the executive team’s vocabulary. I doubt there is a plan hence why the company insists on doing company-wide reorgs (layoffs) every 6 months. Stay away, it’s a sinking ship!

7. Unqualified, disingenuous management in key areas.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Admirals Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice offices in well kept buildings located downtown Providence and Boston. Free snacks. Good holiday parties.

Cons

Unqualified management in key areas. Lack of integrity. Disingenuous spirit throughout company.

Advice to Management

Be careful when taking a position here, and more importantly be careful who you trust. There are some seriously deceitful people in key positions. I've had co-workers lied to about promotions and other employees completely ignored when voicing their concerns and issues on major HR worthy situations. Favoritism instead of skill and talent seems to be the golden measure here. I would seriously consider another company as there is little value placed on human assets all the way from HR down. The Lazares family is a great family and deserves better stewardship of their affairs.

Form over function

I worked at Admirals Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

nice offices, good locations Nice parties

Cons

Senior management tends to favor the flavor of the month, both in company direction and favored employees. Some employees could do no wrong for a few months and then management changed direction and that former star was now dirt. Management, like the offices, tends towards form or appearance over function or actually getting the work done.

Advice to Management

Pick a direction and stick with it for more than a few weeks. Spend less on lavish parties and more on employees.

Great Coworkers, Terrible Upper Management

Former Employee - Loan Advisor in Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Loan Advisor in Providence, RI

I worked at Admirals Bank (More than a year)

Pros

Great Employees, Learn a lot about sales

Cons

Failing Bank, training, you need to put in a lottttt of hours in order to be sort of successful, the upper management

Advice to Management

Try to care for your employees. They don't acknowledge the pro's of any employees. This creates a terrible working environment and a huge turnover ratio.

10. Started out great, then went downhill from there.

Former Employee - Collections Representative in Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Collections Representative in Providence, RI

I worked at Admirals Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Perks: Monthly Bonus $500-$1500, Great parties, Christmas at the Biltmore, Summer parties Newport, Leadership: 2 managers, 2 different approaches, First manager was more relaxed, and would step in and help out, whether on the phones or submitting HUD claims. The 2nd, after the 1st one was promoted, was very knowledgeable, 30+ years in collections related fields. But, he was a meticulous manager who reviewed accounts down to every detail.

Cons

Deceptive management, at least within the Collections Department, and questionable actions and bias. I think racism was huge there, to the point where certain people who were of the same race received favorable conditions, to surf the net, come in late, play on the cell phones, and the rest of the department of another race would get called for just having it out. Case in point, Had been working on an account where a dealership failed fully payoff a trade in. Could not reach the GM, Subsequently, I went on vacation, and received the call from the GM to my cell phone. Called the manager to let him know that I had received the call, we were told not to give out personal information. Upon my return, I was drilled and basically called a liar when I advised the manager, I did not give the GM cell phone number. He did not believe, but my co-worker(different race than me) admitted she gave GM my number. He politely told her "you know better" they both smiled and it was over. After she left, he told me I dodge a bullet and reinforced his position and that I should not give my personal phone number to anyone. Company Values, I believe that Admiral's Bank as whole strives to be a leader in banking and home improvement loans, they put out a good product overall.

Advice to Management

I am no longer there, and have no comment

11. A living nightmare....

Former Employee - Anonymous in Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Providence, RI

I worked at Admirals Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Location and that's about it

Cons

Unstable company, seems like every few months there's a different direction for the bank; this results in numerous layoffs. You never know when you're walking into work just to be let go or fired. It's like walking on egg shells in this place. Employee moral is at an all time low. There's a lot of favoritism within this bank, a lot of the employees are some how connected to the CEO whether it be family or friends. Some of the most stuck up people work for this company. Lack of training, you basically have to just wing it and no one will question what you do because they're not even sure how to do it.

Advice to Management

Find a new place of employment, you can't count on Admirals Bank; longevity is not in their vocabulary.

RSS Feed </> Embed