Admirals Bank

Nicholas W. Lazares

Great work atmosphere

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Admirals Bank full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly, knowledgeable people willing to assist

Cons

A long commute to work

Keep up the good work.

Form over function

I worked at Admirals Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

nice offices, good locations Nice parties

Cons

Senior management tends to favor the flavor of the month, both in company direction and favored employees. Some employees could do no wrong for a few months and then management changed direction and that former star was now dirt. Management, like the offices, tends towards form or appearance over function or actually getting the work done.

Pick a direction and stick with it for more than a few weeks. Spend less on lavish parties and more on employees.

Great Coworkers, Terrible Upper Management

Former Employee - Loan Advisor in Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Loan Advisor in Providence, RI

I worked at Admirals Bank (more than a year)

Pros

Great Employees, Learn a lot about sales

Cons

Failing Bank, training, you need to put in a lottttt of hours in order to be sort of successful, the upper management

Try to care for your employees. They don't acknowledge the pro's of any employees. This creates a terrible working environment and a huge turnover ratio.

Started out great, then went downhill from there.

Former Employee - Collections Representative in Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Collections Representative in Providence, RI

I worked at Admirals Bank full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Perks: Monthly Bonus $500-$1500, Great parties, Christmas at the Biltmore, Summer parties Newport,
    Leadership: 2 managers, 2 different approaches, First manager was more relaxed, and would step in and help out, whether on the phones or submitting HUD claims. The 2nd, after the 1st one was promoted, was very knowledgeable, 30+ years in collections related fields. But, he was a meticulous manager who reviewed accounts down to every detail.

Cons

Deceptive management, at least within the Collections Department, and questionable actions and bias. I think racism was huge there, to the point where certain people who were of the same race received favorable conditions, to surf the net, come in late, play on the cell phones, and the rest of the department of another race would get called for just having it out. Case in point, Had been working on an account where a dealership failed fully payoff a trade in. Could not reach the GM, Subsequently, I went on vacation, and received the call from the GM to my cell phone. Called the manager to let him know that I had received the call, we were told not to give out personal information. Upon my return, I was drilled and basically called a liar when I advised the manager, I did not give the GM cell phone number. He did not believe, but my co-worker(different race than me) admitted she gave GM my number. He politely told her "you know better" they both smiled and it was over. After she left, he told me I dodge a bullet and reinforced his position and that I should not give my personal phone number to anyone. Company Values, I believe that Admiral's Bank as whole strives to be a leader in banking and home improvement loans, they put out a good product overall.

I am no longer there, and have no comment

A living nightmare....

Former Employee - Anonymous in Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Providence, RI

I worked at Admirals Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Location and that's about it

Cons

Unstable company, seems like every few months there's a different direction for the bank; this results in numerous layoffs. You never know when you're walking into work just to be let go or fired. It's like walking on egg shells in this place.

Employee moral is at an all time low.

There's a lot of favoritism within this bank, a lot of the employees are some how connected to the CEO whether it be family or friends.

Some of the most stuck up people work for this company.

Lack of training, you basically have to just wing it and no one will question what you do because they're not even sure how to do it.

Find a new place of employment, you can't count on Admirals Bank; longevity is not in their vocabulary.

Admirals Bank Helped me Advance in my Career

I worked at Admirals Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Admirals Bank is an innovative and progressive company that offers numerous opportunities for advancement. Management provided me with all of the resources necessary to be successful. Admirals Bank also provided me with an excellent working environment in one of the most luxurious offices I have ever seen.

Cons

The parking garage was a little tight for my SUV.

Keep up the good work!

Fun & unique company to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

I have been working at Admirals Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working at Admirals is like joining a new family. The great atmosphere, stunning workspace, and friendly colleagues are all things that make me look forward to coming to work every day. The Senior Management team is comprised of approachable individuals who value your input. This is a great place to work and I highly recommend it to all self-driven, hardworking, and enthusiastic individuals.

Cons

Admirals Bank is a fast growing company so employees must be agile to keep up with the pace.

You're doing a great job. Every member of the Senior Management team is very inspiring and are all great leaders.

Offers the highest level of service to our current and prospective customers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

I have been working at Admirals Bank full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It is a place that brings together smart, talented, driven people from diverse backgrounds. Deemed "...the best concierge service bank in Boston".

Cons

Limited and specific career openings

Don't do it!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranston, RI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranston, RI

I worked at Admirals Bank

Pros

Pros: growing bank, trying to fit with it's own niche in the banking world. small company, decent pay and benefits

Cons

Cons: Unstable organizational structure, (deck of cards ready to crumble). Constant job change, don't be surprised if you have a completely different job title 2 weeks after getting hired. If you can deal with unstable senior management, miserable fellow employees and an overall feeling you're next to get the axe, then this is the place for you.

Learn the meaning of leadership. It's very important when trying to build something from the ground up.

Admirals Bank is an okay place to work.

I worked at Admirals Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Typically your business day is moderately paced, and not excessively stressful.

Cons

Training is inadequate for many positions. The company must rely on the knowledge of new employees with previous banking experience, or on informal training by fellow associates, which often passes on bad behavior and policies.

Invest in better technology. Customers expect their financial company to keep up.