Adobe

Updated Jul 22, 2014

3.8 1,015 reviews

Adobe President and CEO Shantanu Narayen

Shantanu Narayen

Pros
  • Company offers great benefits; flexible time-off policy; decent work-life balance(in 133 reviews)

• Good gym, great benefits, overall more positive experiences than bad ones(in 79 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance; the pressure comes from the top and it's hard to resist giving in(in 23 reviews)

• senior management do not communicate well with employees of all levels(in 37 reviews)

1,015 Employee Reviews

The company culture is changing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCool products;
    Shorter release cycles;
    A lot of innovations;
    Awesome coworkers;
    Overall good benefit

ConsThe company's culture is changing, less interest in re-investing in the current employees;
    Frequent layoffs;
    Many teams actually work at a unssutainable pace

Advice to Senior ManagementBelieve in your employees, give them chances to re-invest themselves instead of jsut laying them off, re-state the work-life balance from the upper management

Account Manager

ProsGreat work environment with excellent teams. WOrk like balance is great with plenty of opportunity for growth within the company

ConsGreat company, no cons to date

Steady as she goes

Director (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsNice benefits, creative products, nice people.

ConsVery political, hard to get promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to find a better way to innovate for growth.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

ECommerce Strategy Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsExcellent compensation, work-life balance, and culture.

ConsThings tend to move slowly, at a risk adverse pace.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce overlap across the various business units

Worked there for several years

Software Engineer (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsPeople are respected for what they bring to the team. I had 2 very supportive managers who helped me to grow.

ConsContinuous org changes and layoffs.

Great culture

Senior Director (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsAdobe has a great ethical culture of delivering mind blowing products while preserving a great balance of life and work. This derives from the founders, Chuck and John, and has been preserved because of their active involvement on the Board and because so many key contributors to this culture Adobe have stayed and not chased other opportunities. . The brand is very powerful worldwide and the pay and benefits are outstanding.

ConsIt is inevitable that a culture that does such a great job of preserving work-life balance will have pockets of operations where the pressure to deliver is very intense (sales, radical updates to products such as making it all cloud based). Also, the Omniture acquisition brought in a lot of people who were in the mold of their former CEO Josh James who was selfish and self-promoting and the antithesis of Chuck and John. They are very political and a continuing risk to Adobe's culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery so often, the company has a RIF and a lot of the deadwood is cut away. But a lot of it remains. Management needs to do better at identifying poor managers and executives in a much more timely way and hold them accountable to improve or let them go.

Fantastic people, products, and opportunities.

Senior Computer Scientist (Current Employee)

ProsThe people are are fantastic. The brightest, most collaborative, and friendly coworkers that I have ever had.
    The products are interesting, deep, and far reaching.
    First level managers are often seasoned veterans in the jobs that came from the role that they manage and generally handle the individual contributor to manager transition well.
    Flexible schedules. This is not a 9-5 job.

ConsThis is not mandatory or enforced, but the con to the "not a 9-5 job" is that occasionally it's a "9-midnight job".
    The near upper management can fluctuate suddenly with corresponding course changes.
    Although these have been absent for the last few years, the sting of the annual layoffs (including that of very good people) is still fading.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to avoid the annual layoffs. RIF years had a long lasting effect on employee morale and productivity.

excellent, very strong work life balance

Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosvery strong creative and marketing products, always innovating and cutting edge software!

Consnot much, great place to work

Advice to Senior Managementshare more info on pay levels and expectations to get to next level

Thoughts of Adobe

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMost of the people were wonderful to work with. Direction and growth of the company is innovative and fantastic

ConsFelt that individual contributors were not given the opportunities they could have

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the ICs a chance to choose if they are too busy or want to make the time to invest in themselves

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great company bad model

Account Manager (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsWork life balance is truly practiced

Consscrewed up payment of commission.

Advice to Senior Managementbad comp plans with that force you to sell out your territory. If you want growth than set up the comp plans to reflect that.

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!