Adobe

Updated Jul 27, 2014

3.8 1,018 reviews

Adobe President and CEO Shantanu Narayen

Shantanu Narayen

Pros
  • Company offers great benefits; flexible time-off policy; decent work-life balance(in 133 reviews)

• Good gym, great benefits, overall more positive experiences than bad ones(in 79 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance; the pressure comes from the top and it's hard to resist giving in(in 23 reviews)

• senior management do not communicate well with employees of all levels(in 37 reviews)

1,018 Employee Reviews

Thoughts of Adobe

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMost of the people were wonderful to work with. Direction and growth of the company is innovative and fantastic

ConsFelt that individual contributors were not given the opportunities they could have

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the ICs a chance to choose if they are too busy or want to make the time to invest in themselves

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great company bad model

Account Manager (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsWork life balance is truly practiced

Consscrewed up payment of commission.

Advice to Senior Managementbad comp plans with that force you to sell out your territory. If you want growth than set up the comp plans to reflect that.

good company

Data Scientist (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosall is ok with culture pomotions and leadership

Consi have good benefits at afobe

Advice to Senior Managementbenefits first personal growth second

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Solid products, good culture, need to increase sales pay

Account Executive (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsA very solid company culture. I feel like my contributions are valued. There is room to grow my career. More time off than I can possibly use in a year. The best place I have ever worked

ConsOver the last few years Adobe has really fallen behind in what they pay sales people. It is pretty shameful actually, and has lead to a huge exodus this year. Hope they can see the problem and get it corrected soon.

Place for retirement

Computer Scientist (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsGreat work life balance, people are nice to each other, feel like family.

ConsThere are lots of people take advantage of the relaxing culture, not feel much motivated, since they wont really appreciate that. no cash bonus for 2013 individual contributer

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease reward people who is really doing a great job

Great place to make a career.

ProsLots of opportunity for horizontal movement within the organization (I changed jobs about every 2 years). Family friendly.

ConsLike any large company the culture varies between groups and products. Used to be an overly consensus driven organization. Over the last two years moved a bit too far to the other side of the spectrum - a little too top down.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn order to execute on some of your biggest plans you need great middle management, but to do that will need to give middle managers more autonomy.

Totally misaligned with individuals interests.

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsName recognition and benefits are very good. Base salary was fair, and resources around benefits are good. Strong marketing organization helps grow the Brand.

ConsAbsurd levels of turnover in management ranks. Absolute disregard for individuals. The company is bereft of values and is tone deaf to individual's concerns. Having suffered through having family displaced during Hurricane Sandy, not one member of management reached out to offer anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeaching Managers to even pretend to care would be a good start. Some of the absolute worst people, character-wise I've ever encountered in 20 years

Not the best company for everyone.

Senior Quality Engineer (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsSmart, fun people overall. Challenging work.

ConsSome product paths are not well defined and always changing. The manager seemed to take on way too much project workload causing them to experiment way too often with the team makeup and responsibilities. Made a lead developer the QE manager, causing a clear conflict of interest and direction in test quality and results.

Terrible executive management and directors

Manager In Engineering (Former Employee)

ProsGood solid legacy products.
    Good Residual work environment remaining from when previous CEO Bruce C. or founders were involved.

ConsJobs are being migrated overseas so senior managers and directors can get fat bonuses and commissions from recruiting companies overseas.
    New discounts on employee software suck.
    Lack of long-term strategic direction - lost and floundering badly. Company has no fixed direction -a new direction every 12 -15 months.
    Capable folks are leaving or have left in drove - cronies left behind.
    Nepotism is now the rule for promotion.
    Lots of BS propaganda by management sycophants about the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to Board - fire the current CEO and GM's of both the BU's -- bring in some people who are genuine and capable - not some folks who only pander to their whims and egos.

Bring back John Warnock, Chuck Geshke, Bruce Chizen and/or Kevin Lynch to fix Adobe or it will be too late.

Short sighted sales management

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsDecent pay, good benefits, company perks (although if you are remote you'll see less of that).

ConsTop management and especially sales management is way to short sighted on the quarterly numbers. They know nothing about the products and don't care about building long term business or what is the right thing to do or what is good for the customer. Everything is dictated by the stock market.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart focusing on the long term goals and serving the customers. Hire new or if possible refocus existing middle management to be much more strategic in their leadership, instead of only being spreadsheet managers.

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!