Adobe
www.adobe.com San Jose, CA 5000+ Employees

Adobe Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2010's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

Pros:
  • "Normally a good work-life balance and friendly direct manager and good people to work with"
    in 115 reviews
  • "great benefits, great work life balance, work from home opportunities, global team"
    in 72 reviews
Cons:
  • "For some teams, not-so-great work life balance"
    in 20 reviews
  • "senior management do not communicate well with employees of all levels"
    in 37 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great place to work.

I have been working at Adobe

ProsGreat people, great benefits, great products.

ConsEasy to stay at same level for extended periods of time.

Advice to Senior Management--

Great environment - good set of products

Product Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Adobe

ProsCompany is a leader in it's space (Creative design tools, internet technologies)

Consvery long process to get promoted

Advice to Senior Managementprovide a long term vision that all teams can rally around - there are lots of ideas floating around, but it's hard to tell where the company should be in 3 years

Right in the middle zone of Valley companies

Marketing (contractor) (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA

I worked at Adobe

ProsLike many companies, the people you meet and the experiences they share are the things that you keep with you going forward. Adobe has a good mix of younger, right-out-of-college creative types, and older, been-around-the-Valley managers who have seen the ups and downs of the area, and have seen the trends in software from the PC days, to the online era. There are lots of opportunities if you know which product line to work in. Some products are very mature, but some are constantly trying new things and looking for new markets. Like any company, there are times when products did not do as well as expected.

ConsOffice politics, but that's the same in every company.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus energies on new products outside the existing product lines.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Adobe is a great place to work and live.

Senior Program Manager (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

I have been working at Adobe

ProsAdobe has excellent, competent, professional, and respectful management and co-workers. Their products are high quality and respected in their industry. Adobe supports a great work / life balance, personal growth opportunities, and local communities. It's hard for me to say enough good about the company. I'd work there again in the future.

ConsAdobe is a fairly large company and is not quick to market with new products. Despite being important to people who create content for the Internet, it struggles creating Internet aware and web-based products and services. Because the organization is relatively flat for such a large company, there are limited opportunities for moving up the management ladder.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake risks with products in the Internet space. Free Internet products from the chains of shrink-wrap software development methodologies and process overhead.

Subjective opinion

Call Center Vendor Operations (Former Employee)

I worked at Adobe

ProsI am a Macromedian and I left in Feb 2006 so I did not really feel the Adobe culture within. That said, I've been on the vendor side since 2000 dealing with Adobe as a compay, and the people I've worked would share a lot fo great stories about working for Adobe - great benefits is always the top reason cited. Macromedians who stayed longer than me said the same thing, although after the acquisition, the company became too big to know everyone, which is expected of a bigger company.

ConsI am sure there's one, but the benefits would overshadow the cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Your brand is your identity.

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Adobe reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayen. All 45 reviews posted anonymously by Adobe employees.