Adobe Reviews

• Orem, UT
3.9
Adobe President and CEO Shantanu Narayen
Shantanu Narayen

1. Adobe is a great place to work with lots of opportunity for growth.

Former Employee - IT Client Services in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - IT Client Services in Orem, UT

I worked at Adobe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, good coworkers, great benefits. This company takes care of you, while giving you a lot of room to grow, train, and try out new things. I had a good relationship with some in upper management and felt like they cared about what was going on in their organizations.

Cons

The same as anywhere else you work- some uninspired middle management, old foagies hanging on not wanting to grow, double standards. Nothing inordinately different about the cons here versus other places. Your average corporate America shenanigans.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Most of the management did a fine job with that, but there were always a couple people with their ears shut.

Decreasing ability to make money in sales year over year.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Orem, UT

I worked at Adobe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good products and good company culture. It was hard to get a job because everyone in Utah wanted to work here. That probably got worse once the new building was built.

Cons

Upper management had been making it harder to make money for the last couple of years since the Omniture acquisition before I left. That was strange because the Adobe Marketing Suite is going to have to grow really quickly to stay ahead of Google and IBM.

Advice to Management

Don't let short term stock price pushing take your eye off the long term opportunity of being a leader in Digital Marketing Optimization.

3. Great company with a compelling vision for growth

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Orem, UT

I worked at Adobe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Adobe offers exciting work in a fun, growing space. They have a clear, compelling vision for where they are taking this mature software company. Great opportunities lie ahead and Adobe is well positions to capitalize on those. Being a part of this company was exciting and fun

Cons

Opportunities for internal growth and advancement were very limited.

Advice to Management

Look for more ways to reward top talent and provide opportunities for growth.

Adobe is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits at Adobe are excellent. They really do a lot for their employees. The Adobe culture is great and I think it is getting better. The people at Adobe enjoy their jobs and it shows in interactions.

Cons

Very tall company and a lot of middle management feels a bit stale. I think many departments are a bit over segregated creating unnecessary levels of management and hierarchy between employees and people with real authority.

Advice to Management

Don't allow middle management to stay too long without progressing.

6. Very happy working for Adobe

Current Employee - Associate Project Manager in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Associate Project Manager in Orem, UT

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are fantastic, opportunities are varied

Cons

A very policied company to work for and with

Great place to work with good people, plenty of advancement opportunity.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Orem, UT

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work life balance for the most part. There is a high value on PTO from upper management. Family first. Advancement opportunities if you have the drive to learn and move up. The company is still small enough to know a lot of key people up to Ops Staff.

There is a huge push to improve the workspace on a global level and it is making it an even more enjoyable place to work.

There is also a new welcomed push from HR to remove the annual review process. This is a huge innovated step for a company this size. It shows that HR is listening to the employees and making changes.

Ultimately, Adobe is a great place to work because of the people I work with. I genuinely enjoy working with most of my peers. It creates a solid experience.

Cons

The HR policy that restricts the salary increase when you move to a new position. Too many new jobs where you completely change roles are considered "lateral" moves and thus not eligible for an appropriate salary based on the new job or stock options.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate the HR policy around around lateral moves and new positions within the company. Career advancement should also be rewarded financially.

8. Great Place to work

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Orem, UT

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits... Really. I work for a company that everyone else is impressed with. It's good for the resume. Free software. In my position I get fun tech toys to play with. I work for a company that I respect

Cons

I see no real cons...

Good or bad depending upon department

Current Employee - Support Engineer in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Support Engineer in Orem, UT

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are extensive and very competitive.

Cons

Yearly layoffs and outsourcing jobs to other countries

Advice to Management

Less management and more leadership.

It's been pretty good, but there are problems that can be sorted out.

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Great benefits. Large company. Lots of potential, perhaps California is better than the Utah office. They copy the benefits over to Utah and outside of the Client Success organization I think things could be much better.

Cons

Management does not seem to get it in our department. They will not communicate with the employees and it does not seem that we have the clients interests in mind nor the employees interest in mind. This leaves us with only managers who are looking at the wrong items. If you do not have happy clients or employees the only happy ones left are stock holders and in that situation that will not last very long. To quote Dan Pink ,"When the purpose becomes unmoored from the money bad things happen." Mostly the Client Success Organization has to better themselves. They are treading water when they could really be in touch with the clients and be doing so much more.

Advice to Management

Listen to your clients more. Listen to your employees more and write down some real next steps to resolve some of the current issues you have happening right now. If you cannot pay employees enough you have got to cater to other needs. First, give them more autonomy. Next, give them more opportunities to master themselves. Outline better career paths, this is the case for most of the company why not in the client services department.

Shantanu is probably doing what he can, but some of your departments are floudering and failing and you are unaware right now. You should let people report failures. It seems they are too scared to report failures now.

Better when smaller, still worth it.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Orem, UT

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Great environment
    Great benefits
    Fun problems to solve
    Good engineers

Cons

A particular manager
    Changes in company direction can cause unrest...
    Outsourcing

Advice to Management

Sometimes the manager brings everyone down.