Adobe Reviews

3.9
1,086 Reviews

Adobe President and CEO Shantanu Narayen
Shantanu Narayen

Pros
  • Company offers great benefits; flexible time-off policy; decent work-life balance (in 146 reviews)

• Good gym, great benefits, overall more positive experiences than bad ones (in 89 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance has also steadily deteriorated over the past few years (in 25 reviews)

• senior management do not communicate well with employees of all levels (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

Adobe is a fantastic employer that does a lot of great work but also really cares about their employers.

Former Employee - Field Enablement in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Field Enablement in San Jose, CA

I worked at Adobe as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The benefits are amazing. As an intern, I got access to full benefits (minus health/dental), such as free Creative Cloud subscription, fitness dollars, corporate discounts etc. They also really emphasize work-life balance (of course, being a tech company). One day, my team and I took the day off to go do community service at a nearby food/clothing bank for the homeless. Another day, we decided to just do lunch/manicures/pedicures (I'm a dude, and it was a BLAST).

Another thing I love about Adobe is that I don't really have any moral qualms about what they do or how their products are produced. They treat all their employees very well, and I respect that.

Cons

Probably the biggest thing is just red tape. The company is very large so access to senior employees can be difficult, but it's still not impossible if you're have any significant issues.

I really don't have any advice. They do a fantastic job.

A great place to work.

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work/life balance is strong, and needing that balance is expected by Adobe. Professional, competitive environment, yet very friendly, open and nurturing. Adobe is excellent in the areas in which they compete. Great brand recognition. Adobe really appreciates their employees. If employees have thoughts to share, management listens. Great innovation program.

Cons

No clear programs for advancement. Career path is entirely self-made. Products need better pricing options. The HQ building doesn't reflect the true creativity of the company. Other offices such as that in San Francisco and Lehi reflect the creative culture more.

Need better career path development. Lateral mobility seems to be more common than upward mobility. Most employees don't know how to use Adobe products, even those that are most common such as Acrobat.

good company, great benifits

Current Employee - Computer Scientist in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Computer Scientist in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Worklife balance Upbeat Benifits Great people Smart Technologies

Cons

Responsible for your own growth

Leadership to younger folk

Fabulous company with lots of wonderful benefits with vacation and great workspace! Great location in San Jose.

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great time off schedule and the holiday shutdowns are very welcomed. Lots of opportunity for training and cross functional and lateral opportunities. Ability to work from home. Great location in San Jose because it is away from the crowds of Mountain View/Palo Alto traffic.

Cons

Too much red tape in organizations like IT. Silo teams and tough to grow career into the next phase. Profit sharing was taken away and the spot bonus incentives were becoming rare. Career titles advancement was not consistent as some people had inflated titles while others didn't.

Empower teams to take a larger role and encourage managers to be leaders to empower their teams. Bring teams back to a co-located place for better productivity.

awesome

Current Employee - Solution Architect in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Solution Architect in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

company values, office culture, company perspective and direction

Cons

teams are too isolated from each other

Great Place to Work..

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with & awesome working environment..

Cons

No real cons to point out

Solid Company with Good Work-Life Balance

Former Employee - Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very solid company. Business is good and doing steady; work-life balance is excellent with long hours being few and far in between for most people. The office clears out by 5:30. Great location flexibility as well; I see many cubicles and offices that remain empty 4 days a week. Some of them, 5 days a week (yes, they are occupied).

Cons

For a Silicon Valley company, the pace of innovation is not particularly on the the rapid side. I wouldn't go so far as to say slow, but definitely not fast. Same goes with bureaucracy and office politics - not as bad as say a traditional, non-Valley company, but it's there and it slows down everything. Benefits are solid but perks are not particularly great.

For a company of this age and size, I think management is doing quite well. But how things are right now, the company will have a hard time competing for top-tier talent against the likes of Google or Facebook. Adobe risks remaining mid-tier among large Silicon Valley companies, with mid-tier talent and mid-tier growth. Oh wait, that doesn't sound too bad. Keep up the good (but not great) work.

Great people, genuine demeanor. Creative leader!!!

Current Employee - People Resources in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - People Resources in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Creative edge with some of the smartest and caring people. Fast moving with community feel. Strong employer pride factor but not arrogant at all. Visible VP and exec team ... See them in cafe all the time. Approachable too. Strong talent bias with strong value system.

Cons

Can be a bit of a matrix so need to learn how to navigate. That said, people will help if you ask I'm a heart beat.

Keep up the innovation and pushing the customer experience. Great job bringing in new talent and injecting new energy at many levels.

Great company that continues to reinvent itself!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Photoshop and Acrobat franchise give the company great brand value.
    A still evolving Marketing Cloud strategy.
    Great benefits and work life balance.

Cons

Sales reorganizations and layoffs make business challenging.
    People are well paid and there is little movement so personal career growth is challenging.
    Need to move beyond just business model "innovations." Created a subscription billing platform and now need to bring more product and service innovation.

Subscriptions were well received and finally understood by investors. Now need to focus on greater value per customer and other services to attract new customers.
    Give future leaders more breadth of experience by moving them around.

Sales Intern on Account Development Team

Former Employee - Account Development Manager
    Former Employee - Account Development Manager

I worked at Adobe as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I worked on the sales floor with the ADM team and it was a great experience overall. I learned how to use salesforce and my colleagues were very kind and helpful to help me pick up what was expected. I loved sales and this was a great opportunity to the digital marketing world for me.

Cons

There was NO actual sales training. Manager's seemed too heavily frazzled/focused on recruiting, hiring, and interviewing and even though they have an "open door" policy, you'd best learn not to ask questions about how you do your job...best figure that one out carefully, and quietly. After the internship there was NO feedback (which seems the point of a manager if you were one, right?) and it left a bitter taste.

Tell me what things you liked, didn't like, what could be improved! Stop expecting greater and greater results without any actual training (no, going over #'s each week is NOT training, that's just expected and unsurprisingly ineffective). Provide legitimate channels of communication instead of pretending there is one.