Adobe

Updated Jul 22, 2014

3.8 1,015 reviews

Adobe President and CEO Shantanu Narayen

Shantanu Narayen

Pros
  • Company offers great benefits; flexible time-off policy; decent work-life balance(in 133 reviews)

• Good gym, great benefits, overall more positive experiences than bad ones(in 79 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance; the pressure comes from the top and it's hard to resist giving in(in 23 reviews)

• senior management do not communicate well with employees of all levels(in 37 reviews)

1,015 Employee Reviews

Great people, lots of fluff

Team Lead Software Engineer (Former Employee) Lehi, UT

ProsThe benefits are amazing, the people I worked with are even better. Stock plans are fantastic and there are a lot of fun little perks (cell phone plan, company parties, etc).

ConsLack of strong leadership leaves cross team coordination and vision much to be desired. In such a large organization it's critical to keep all products that are part of a "suite" aligned in vision. This lack of leadership left good projects abandoned or severely delayed and unnecessary duplicated efforts.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease get aligned. You have amazing people at your disposal, put the pride down and work towards a unified agenda not a personal agenda.

Great camaraderie between team members and a great place to work

Technical Lead (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

Prosflexible hours, work life balance and very talented people around to learn from

ConsIf you do an awesome job it might go unnoticed unless you flaunt it!

Advice to Senior ManagementShould do more towards career growth of employees

Excellent Work/Life Balance

Devops Engineer (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsBenefits are good:
    24 Days PTO, two week long holiday breaks (which don't count against PTO).
    Medical is solid.
    Stock grants are nice.
    Realistic work hours.
    Free parking and bus pass.
    Nice tuition re-imbursement.
    Career advancement is encouraged, training and career-focused learning are emphasized toward that end.

ConsDuplication of team functions in segregated silos. Valuable experience may be cordoned off.
    Bureaucratic processes may block projects, be aware that any new process encountered may take more time than expected.
    Territoriality of middle management, though not as pernicious as some Puget Sound area software companies, is present. Advise caution when proceeding with projects that cross manager boundaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focused on outcomes: when a process isn't producing good results and capabilities, it's time to prune that process.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company

Director (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsCollaborative culture, good compensation, work life balance

ConsMoves slow; unclear career path

Advice to Senior ManagementQuicker decision making; career path

Great company, odd internal structure.

Credit Analyst (Current Employee) Lehi, UT

ProsAdobe provides an excellent work/life balance, opportunies for advancement (after a fashion) and a generally engaging and exciting corporate culture. I feel valued by my manager and director, and am very happy in my current role.

ConsFrequent sales reorganizations leave all departments flustered and scrambling to update internal contacts at least once a year. There is frequently little cooperation between departments, and there is a fierce sense of territoriality, especially among the employees that were part of the 2009 Omniture aquisition. See also: frequent layoffs.

good and bad

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

Prosgreat products and benefits, work life balance is good and they understand the value of remote/tele-commuting employees

ConsHR is a joke- advancement almost impossible- boys club mentality

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen long time employees seek out opportunity's listen and engage

Great place to work!

Computer Vision (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsWorking on great products that have millions of users; Working with brilliant people

ConsFood is not free and not good...

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the food free!

Great company

Senior Marketing Manager (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsCompany offers great benefits; flexible time-off policy; decent work-life balance

ConsSome employees stay there forever; very territorial

Overall great company if you can survive the layoffs

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent benefits, free snacks and drinks, cafeteria, lots of morale boosting events, great co-workers, good work/life balance, sabbatical every 5 years.

ConsLayoffs almost every year that I worked there, slow moving, bureaucratic, and shifting focuses at the drop of a hat.

Pretty good company, but net talent loss

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsCompensation is pretty competitive and the benefits are pretty good. The company truly cares about being a responsible member of the community in its green initiatives and volunteering opportunities. The Digital Publishing side of the business makes some very good, industry leading software.

ConsHiring managers are not given the tools to be competitive in finding and retaining the best talent. Some business units have basically given up on hiring locally in SF and fill positions almost exclusively in India.

Some highly visible mistakes have been made by senior leadership with no one held accountable. This culture of unaccountability permeates down.

It seems to be a complacent employee base made up mostly of nine to fivers waiting to retire, with no real motivation to move the needle. They are more than happy to let the truly talented minority carry them and the company on their back.

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!