Adobe Reviews

3.9
1,058 Reviews

Adobe President and CEO Shantanu Narayen
Shantanu Narayen

Pros
  • Company offers great benefits; flexible time-off policy; decent work-life balance (in 133 reviews)

• Good gym, great benefits, overall more positive experiences than bad ones (in 79 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance; the pressure comes from the top and it's hard to resist giving in (in 23 reviews)

• senior management do not communicate well with employees of all levels (in 37 reviews)

More Highlights

Everything is great, with exception of November, and a few bad apples

I worked at Adobe full-time

Pros

--Cool products
    --Cool customers
    --Upbeat environment - high morale, positive energy
    --People are (mostly) very nice, collegial, interesting, fun - and capable. Genuine experts in their respective areas.
    --Management is pivoting the company quickly, and successfully
    --Great office space
    --Pay and benefits are very good
    --There are no loafers at Adobe - everyone works hard. Employee engagement in their jobs and the company is very high

Cons

--November = layoff season. Creates a lot of stress
    --Analysis paralysis around (some) decision making. Burden of analytical proof for any decision is almost impossibly high. Bring data or stay home; expect to have every number picked at with a fine tooth comb. Can lead to painfully long meetings and long hours.
    --In a few areas - not many - some very aggressive people. Some level of being able to fall back on tenure as a justification for treating others poorly.

Everything is working great; but try to find a way to make November a happier time. Also, make "respect for the individual" true - tenure allows some to get away with workplace bullying. While analytic rigor is good, need to move the debate focus from numbers to ideas.

Adobe's a fantastic place to intern

Former Employee - Global Marketing BU  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Global Marketing BU in San Jose, CA

I worked at Adobe as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Pretty much everyone I met at Adobe was genuine, passionate and helpful. The company culture really thrives on its core values, which is what makes it so amazing. The recruiting team has been working on making its intern program more structured and expansive as well, so I'm very hopeful about its future growth.

Also, I got to work on some amazing projects this summer! Lots of events and a variety of things generally going on throughout the company.. keep track of them. No words could describe how incredible my manager/team were.

Cons

I know that some interns felt underworked, while others felt a huge push and pressure at the end of the internship rather than a balance throughout. it was also slightly awkward when another intern in the same general department told me what she was getting paid (hint, it was more).

Keep on being transparent with the employees and interns. We all really enjoyed the lunchtime talks, brunches, etc. It was great to hear about your experiences and learn about the company's general direction.

Amazing company

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Analyst in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Adobe full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Challenging, yet laid back work environment. It depends on your manager, but in my team you are truly evaluated on whether you get your job done, and not on how many hours you spend in the office
    - Awesome products, amazing brand reputation, lots of growth opportunities
    - Work with sharp, bright people (recruiting is very selective -- I had to work very hard to get hired)
    - Unlimited PTO -- there is not a cap on how much PTO your manager can give you
    - Full week of the 4th of July plus full week of Christmas and New Years are paid holidays
    - At least for Utah, pay is above what you will get at other tech companies
    - Great benefits, especially the employee stock purchasing program where you can buy Adobe's stock at a 15% discount
    - Here in Utah, the Adobe campus is incredible. I feel happy while I walk through the building

Cons

- Lots of bureaucracy when it comes to practically anything (your manager needs a gazilion authorizations for anything you want to do or get)
    - Bureaucracy especially ridiculous when it comes to HR
    - Hiring freeze which forces teams to hire temporary contractors, creating a sense of instability within the company. You never know if your coworkers will be here next year, not because they are not performing, but because they are "blue badges".

Keep living Adobe's values as you do. Keep innovating. Start hiring full-time employees instead of contractors.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Employees stay a long time

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

flexible work environment, good location, great office space

Cons

everyone's opinion gets taken into account...too much so

make decisions that you stick to. don't be swayed by the popular vote.

Pleased with Adobe

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Adobe full-time for less than a year

Pros

Professional, yet relaxed office atmosphere. A sense of community is fostered within the entire site, with plenty of opportunities to be involved in community activities or attend guest lectures. They live the values presented. The company encourages a life outside of work - which is refreshing! Work hard, play hard certainly applies to Adobe.

Cons

Still learning within the company, so a review of cons will have to be forthcoming.

Great Company To Work For

Current Employee - Computer Scientist  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Computer Scientist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Adobe full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Generous amounts of time off with sick time and vacation. Good work/life balance. Great people to work with. Executive management are focused and committed to company's transition to cloud based services.

Cons

Upward mobility and paths for promotion are a little unclear.

a very good place to work at.

Current Employee - Research Intern  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Research Intern in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe as an intern for less than a year

Pros

good payment, good benefit, open-minded environment

Cons

career path is a little bit constrained.

Varied job opportunities if you look for them

I worked at Adobe full-time

Pros

Great benefits, people are smart and lovely to work with. After refocusing on key product lines and markets, stock has done tremendously well.

Cons

Marketing functions can be highly segmented and higher level management very hard to break into - you either have to be hired into these or leave and then get re-hired for these roles.

It would be ideal to have a more dynamic CEO - in the absence of this, keep nurturing the stars one level below, and keep investing in opportunities for your employees.

Awesome Culture, great products, great people

Current Employee - Sales Operations Manager  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Operations Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Adobe full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love the culture. Benefits are great. Smart people to work with and great work life balance.

Cons

Internal politics - salary caps, little opportunity for upward growth within teams (have to jump around)

Great location and great benefits with nice people

Former Employee - Software Quality Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Quality Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Adobe full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pretty laid back if you're a QE

Cons

hard to move around or out of Quality Engineer in to something else. It is impossible to apply for other positions within the company; they won't even give you an interview.

Let people explore other interests in the company instead instead of keeping them where they are

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!