Adobe Reviews

4.3

Adobe President and CEO Shantanu Narayen
Shantanu Narayen

Pros
  • Company offers great benefits; flexible time-off policy; decent work-life balance (in 133 reviews)

• Good gym, great benefits, overall more positive experiences than bad ones (in 79 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance; the pressure comes from the top and it's hard to resist giving in (in 23 reviews)

• senior management do not communicate well with employees of all levels (in 37 reviews)

More Highlights

Adobe is a great place to work and live.

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Adobe has excellent, competent, professional, and respectful management and co-workers. Their products are high quality and respected in their industry. Adobe supports a great work / life balance, personal growth opportunities, and local communities. It's hard for me to say enough good about the company. I'd work there again in the future.

Cons

Adobe is a fairly large company and is not quick to market with new products. Despite being important to people who create content for the Internet, it struggles creating Internet aware and web-based products and services. Because the organization is relatively flat for such a large company, there are limited opportunities for moving up the management ladder.

Take risks with products in the Internet space. Free Internet products from the chains of shrink-wrap software development methodologies and process overhead.

Subjective opinion

Former Employee - Call Center Vendor Operations  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Call Center Vendor Operations in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Adobe

Pros

I am a Macromedian and I left in Feb 2006 so I did not really feel the Adobe culture within. That said, I've been on the vendor side since 2000 dealing with Adobe as a compay, and the people I've worked would share a lot fo great stories about working for Adobe - great benefits is always the top reason cited. Macromedians who stayed longer than me said the same thing, although after the acquisition, the company became too big to know everyone, which is expected of a bigger company.

Cons

I am sure there's one, but the benefits would overshadow the cons.

Keep up the good work. Your brand is your identity.

Great place to work but not to build a career.

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Great benefits inducing 24 days PTO, ESPP and good work hours. There is a good cafeteria, gym and free public transportation.

Cons

Very difficult to build a career at Adobe since they aren't expanding and very few people quit giving little opportunity for promotion. Internal candidates not given any preference over those from outside. The way to get promoted is to quit, and come back 2 years later at a higher level - sad but true.

Promote internally in order to allow people to stay here.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Adobe is a great company even though it's been falling on the best companies to work for ranking.

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Great benefits and compensation packages. The company has wonderful core values such as community service. It's a good feeling to work for the greenest company in America. Love that we recycle and have compost recycling onsite. Location in San Jose/Seattle, everyone has an office and great workspace. Great facility and people. The Cafe has been remodeled and offer pretty good choices and food.

Cons

Tend to promote outsiders instead of further developing long timers. Has lost it's old spirit that the founders started the company with. Need to bring back the fun and spirit Adobe once had when the founders were running the company.

Try to bring back some of the corporate culture brought forth by the founders, John and Chuck

A great place to work but not perfect

Current Employee - Senior Computer Scientist  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Computer Scientist in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Getting to work with some of the smartest, most creative and passionate people. Working on products that millions of people use everyday is also great. Overall, the company treats its employees quite well and the management hierarchy isn't too bad. Fairly stable company with several class leading products, however lots of opportunities to work on new stuff as well. Management encourages people to move within the company to try new roles.

Cons

Each division is run like a mini company so there are some inconsistencies across product groups. In many of the product groups, its not a meritocracy. Some managers hire friends, promote friends even though they are clearly incompetent for the new position.

Strict guidelines for advancement and stick to them!

Adobe is a lovely place to work.

Former Employee - Principal Product Manager  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Principal Product Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Adobe

Pros

Good people, open communications, and an honest core.

Cons

Difficult to get them to follow instinctive paths. Very data driven company for decision making. Works well for existing products but makes it hard to start new endeavors.

If you want to do internal start-ups, treat them as such. Give the internal folks more flexibly to adapt and push their ideas into real products.

Great place to work, hard place to move up.

Current Employee - Lead Quality Engineer  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Lead Quality Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

The quality of the people, and work life balance. Products are interesting from a personal standpoint.

Cons

Acts like a big company when it comes to reacting to the marketplace and opportunities. Not very nimble.

Keep your employees engaged, or they'll end up walking.

Overall, Adobe is a good place to work.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

1. Flexibility to work anywhere and anytime.
    2. The benefits are great.
    3. In general, lots of smart and interesting people.

Cons

People work a lot, so I'm not sure that there is as much work/life balance as they say that there is.

None

A Macromedian's opinion

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Adobe

Pros

They have excellent brand recognition. I actually worked for Macromedia and when we were acquired I was initially excited but then decided that I wanted the small company feel back in my life. I am still in touch with a lot of people who went to work at adobe and they like it. One of the main reasons I would have stayed longer was to stay working with the people that I loved to work with. The best part about working for Macromemdia was the outstanding people I had the pleasure of working with each day. I miss that place.

Cons

The company was too big. Being acquired was a major challenge for me personally. Macromedia felt like a family and Adobe felt more like a small part of this big place and I was not sure how I fit in. I never really felt integrated into the Adobe family and I was not sure if my opinion was valued. I questioned whether or not I could make a long term impact. I was also concerned that I would have to start working more and more from the main HQ office in San Jose, which is really far from where I live.

Nothing really. I am sure things are going great.

Adobe is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Engineering Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Adobe is great place to work because of the following;
    - Excellent Benefits
    - Great Career Development with both Management and Technical paths
    - Smart Creative People building cool products
    - Good Base Compensation + Profit Sharing + Quarterly Incentive Bonus's + Product Ship Bonus's = $$$
    - Flexible schedules and work at home opportunities
    - Employee Software Purchase program is great and allows you to buy many of the more expensive Adobe products at a fraction of the cost.
    - Employee Parking Garage in SF for employees willing to pay a small monthly fee (Those that work in SF will know the advantages of this)
    - Swag / Booty - It does not take long to build up an Adobe Logo wardrobe that you would not be embarrassed to ware in public.
    - Good Leadership that empowers their employees to make decisions at the right levels.

Cons

The company is made up of a number of silo's (a.k.a. Business Units), and it can often be difficult to work across them, as budgets and location can become hurdles. The Adobe IT group is also very challenging to work with and it often requires knowing multiple people across multiple teams just to get simple tasks done.

Break Adobe IT in to two groups. One focused on Internal Adobe needs, and another focused on external SaaS initiatives.

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!