Adobe Reviews

3.9
1,087 Reviews

Adobe President and CEO Shantanu Narayen
Shantanu Narayen

Pros
  • Company offers great benefits; flexible time-off policy; decent work-life balance (in 146 reviews)

• Good gym, great benefits, overall more positive experiences than bad ones (in 89 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance has also steadily deteriorated over the past few years (in 25 reviews)

• senior management do not communicate well with employees of all levels (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

Sales Intern on Account Development Team

Former Employee - Account Development Manager
    Former Employee - Account Development Manager

I worked at Adobe as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I worked on the sales floor with the ADM team and it was a great experience overall. I learned how to use salesforce and my colleagues were very kind and helpful to help me pick up what was expected. I loved sales and this was a great opportunity to the digital marketing world for me.

Cons

There was NO actual sales training. Manager's seemed too heavily frazzled/focused on recruiting, hiring, and interviewing and even though they have an "open door" policy, you'd best learn not to ask questions about how you do your job...best figure that one out carefully, and quietly. After the internship there was NO feedback (which seems the point of a manager if you were one, right?) and it left a bitter taste.

Tell me what things you liked, didn't like, what could be improved! Stop expecting greater and greater results without any actual training (no, going over #'s each week is NOT training, that's just expected and unsurprisingly ineffective). Provide legitimate channels of communication instead of pretending there is one.

Great company

I worked at Adobe

Pros

Adobe is an exciting company with some great technology. They dominate the creative tool space and increasingly are making a big name in the enterprise software space for customer experience management.

Cons

Adobe is a big company and has a lot of disconnected entities like most big companies.

Great environment.

Former Employee - Network Control Technician in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Network Control Technician in Lehi, UT

I worked at Adobe as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The atmosphere and culture are great.

Cons

Nepotism, departmental cliques, training provided is more of a slide show of the departments you will be supporting. Lacks useable information pertaining to the job.

Great people but...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

What makes Adobe special is the people. Fortunate to work with such a sharp and dedicated crew. Especially enjoy the collaboration across the different geographies. The benefits and compensation are also good. Focus on "green" initiatives and fitness are also a big plus.

Cons

As any company grows, there's an expected increase in bureaucracy. That said, it seems we make decision making more difficult than necessary. Work-life balance has also steadily deteriorated over the past few years.

There's been a recent and striking increase in micromanagement from senior leadership. I see SMEs across functions being questioned which reduces Adobe's overall efficiency.

Adobe

Former Employee - Product Management Director in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Product Management Director in Lehi, UT

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great cool company with cool stuff all over. Love the dash boards that are every where.

Cons

If you love process to point of vomiting, you will love this. Process that can take a week to do a job that should only take five minutes. The amount of self 'patting on the back' was nauseating. Once mangers pigeon hole you, no matter what the home run is or awesome job is, you will be stuck waiting on yearly lay offs.

Quit managing up so much...Manage your team and dont worry about the "up" in everything.

Good company that takes care of it's employees but lacks innovation and excitement of start up.

Former Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Strong focus on procedures, policies, culture, and people. Great benefits.

Cons

Allows little room to spread your wings and go after the "next big thing". Company is more focused on short term profits than on long term revenue.

Be more passionate and focus more on the future...the next big things (aquiring great technology to add to portfolio).

Great benefits, lackluster leadership.

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Strong benefits & compensation packages
    Good work/life balance for a majority of roles
    Open, friendly, and collaborative workspaces

Cons

Limited mobility, promotions are often few and far between
    Very slow to move, particularly considering location in Silicon Valley
    Disjointed strategic direction - a lot of people moving at a lot of different speeds at a lot of different angles.

Determine a common strategy and goal for the organization. Rally teams behind this goal and make sure everyone understands how their jobs and contributions ladder to the companies overall success.

Innovative where it counts

Current Employee - Conference Planner in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Conference Planner in Washington, DC

I have been working at Adobe as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Products are far-reaching and raises the level of competence in the average worker. Great support for captioning on the web.

Cons

Affordability is lacking here except for the low end products

Great pay, benefits, treat you like a person, parties, smart staff

Former Employee - Order Management Representative in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Order Management Representative in Lehi, UT

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay, TONS of time off, overtime for hourly positions, really great health benefits, lots of company parties, happy staff, smart staff, solid tech company

Cons

Red tape of being at a big business, it's very hard to effect big change. Small realm of expertise- you learn one small part of business well, but not the full spectrum. Same with any large company.

Find a way for employees to be able to pitch change ideas and make them happen instead of thinking changing the status quo is a waste of time.

Love the company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Amazing Products; great leadership; huge opportunities for the business and career

Cons

Would love more variety for food services