Adobe Reviews

4.3

Adobe President and CEO Shantanu Narayen
Shantanu Narayen

Pros
  • Company offers great benefits; flexible time-off policy; decent work-life balance (in 148 reviews)

• Good gym, great benefits, overall more positive experiences than bad ones (in 89 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance has also steadily deteriorated over the past few years (in 25 reviews)

• senior management do not communicate well with employees of all levels (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

Adobe Rocks

Current Employee - Lead Quality Engineer
    Current Employee - Lead Quality Engineer

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Really great products, and great people

Cons

none, none, none, none, none

Check in 1:1 with the people 2+ levels below you once and a while

Worked at Adobe 8 years and love it

Current Employee - Computer Scientist in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Computer Scientist in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Cool products customer focus flexible work

Cons

management slow to make decisions

none

Great products, strong managment, and good at delivering results to exceed expectations

Current Employee - Finance in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Finance in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Great products with room for growth in revenue so I believe there is likely room for stock growth. It is a strong boat that will float well in a rising tide as well as weather a good bit of market turbulence. The senior mgmt is very dedicated and smart. The company culture is very collegial and supportive but will challenge you.

Cons

I think the career development has been a shortcoming until more recently-last 1-2 years. THe compant is focusing much more on growing the talent from within for senior management positions as well new college hires. It takes time to get the development programs working so I'll wait to see results. The collegial culture is a positive as well as negative. It can take too long to reach consensus and strong personalities and differeing opinions can sometimes be considered negative.

Keep driving to the numbers-data and facts to support the hypotheses. I think they do a good job and need to keep the focus as we get bigger. Develop more engineering and senior managemnet talent from within by allowing them to tkae on new positions and giving them the tools and room to work.

A good place to work

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Excellent culture with friendly, social people and a general attitude that personal life should be balanced with work life.

Cons

Little accountability, a lot of confusionb etween the various groups in IT, many parallel efforts going on at once. A lot of meetings in which not too much seems to get done. HR is not really involved in a lot of things the way they should be, especially revolving around new hire education and assisting individuals with career advancement at Adobe. There are very few events which are held involving the company as the whole, but this may be difficult for organizaitons of this size.

Not sure.

Adobe is an exciting and creative place to work on fantastic products.

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Adobe seems to really care about the satisfaction and growth of the employees. They go out of their way to make sure that we're happy and that we take part in our own career advancement.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to initiate change at a company where the employees have been in the same job for a long time. There are products that are stuck in their ways and others that are new and dynamic - they difficult part is getting into the product group that fits your goals.

Be willing to initiate change or support those who'd like to improve the processes we use to develop products.

A fantastic, trail blazing company.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

A fantastic, trail blazing company. Great to be around some wonderful people who are endlessly pushing the boundaries. Adobe makes a real effort for their employees in terms of fast integration, competitive salary and a great overall package. A great working environment too and a wonderfully collaborative atmsophere. I've only been with Adobe for a few months now, but I really feel that there is an enormous potential for me and a real buzz in participating in driving the company forward. Adobe has a great personality... agile, quick thinking, innovative

Cons

Nothing. Not an iota. Absolutely loving it. Only been here a few months, so I don't have the gripes that someone with more Adobe baggage might have. However, have spoken to colleagues who have been around much longer and they all seem perfectly happy.

Continue the investment in innovation and thought leadership, especially during the upcoming economic downturn.

Good place to work.

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Lot of innovations in diffirent areas. Experienced engineers ready to share their knowledge. Good career oportunities, comfortable and friendly environment, personal offices for engineers, Supportive HR and facilities, well-designed intranet with easy access to all forms and documents. Company-wide wiki. 24 days PTO, quarterly paid profit share, ESPP, big discoubts for Adobe Software, lot of partner programs. Excellent fitness center and very good Cafe and Bistro.

Cons

Well, it's a huge company. You will spend a lot of time to understand what other groups are working on. Sometimes you realize that other group are working on the same stuff as you.

More trainings for newcomers.

Best kept secret in Sillicon Valley

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Excellent work life balance and very cool products!

Cons

Bureaucratic processes and inefficient systems

More communication across business units about related products and overlapping efforts.

Adobe is very underrated and under-appreciated, don't pass up an opportunity to work here.

Current Employee - Computer Scientist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Computer Scientist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

As an engineer this is perhaps the best place I have ever worked for. I have worked for a lot of companies but they were either too hard on me or I had nothing interesting to work on. At Adobe if you prove that you are good, you get to work on some neat things and it is nice to know that the products Adobe makes, are well respected and in most cases the best out there.
    And things like telecommute option, benefits, compensation, ton of paid vacation, great work environment helps a little :)

Cons

Not much ... we have free beverages, espresso machines but no free lunch!!! But I head San Jose folks get free dinner if they stay till 7 PM.
    Seriously, I am very happy here.

Typical corporation things where the upper level management sometimes does not act quickly with the bureaucracy involved. But, this happens 'sometimes' and most of the times they make the right decisions.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Great environment, excellent benefits, great people. They really do care about the employees and treat them with respect. I find it to be a great environment for Engineers in particular. There is great technology, great products, interesting roadmaps.

Cons

Larger companies mean that you have to fit into larger overall strategies. That can be challenging, but the overall rewards for aligning your product with the larger initiatives at the company mean a stronger product for the customer. It can be hard, but in the end.. its worth it.

Continue to look towards the future. Macromedia was a strong bet on the future. We have to continue to look ahead and go after the opportunities that will continue to grow and strengthen Adobe.