Adobe

4.0
1,147 Reviews

Adobe President and CEO Shantanu Narayen
Shantanu Narayen

Pros
  • Company offers great benefits; flexible time-off policy; decent work-life balance (in 149 reviews)

• Good gym, great benefits, overall more positive experiences than bad ones (in 90 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance has also steadily deteriorated over the past few years (in 27 reviews)

• senior management do not communicate well with employees of all levels (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

Fantastic Spirit in the XD department, a lot of inspiring talent around.

Current Employee - Senior Experience Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Experience Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very renowned company and brand. In the XD department you always get hand on the best and newest tech gadgets and working with the people is truly inspiring. The salary is good and the co-workers seem to be very balanced in regard to the broader company outlook.

Cons

Some communication problems sometimes exist, but that seems normal to a company of that size. Working with different geo locations is sometimes really very struggling.

Time for a big change

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Nice compensation package. Great people. Great name.

Cons

No mobility. Zero career opportunities. People get promoted for the wrong reasons. Brain drain. Knowingly shipping buggy software.

Maybe you should read Glassdoor instead of the yearly employee survey.

Great brand, very good company

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Everyone knows Adobe. Respected products, great facilities, very wide-range of employee benefits, etc.

Cons

Got tired of being asked from people I'd meet, when they found out I worked for Adobe, how to turn off the annoying Acrobat/PDF update reminders (!). Can be a very slow-moving, bureaucratic place to work. HR is too powerful, and too involved in each business line, imo. IT is also a problem area. Creates great widgets for managers, but good luck getting any of their time for any projects not deemed high priority. Company can be a bit silo'd at times, though that improved over my tenure there.

Do more to retain those--particularly on the digital marketing side--who have years and years of relevant experience. You have lost enough great talent to fuel dozens of new startups (which is exactly what is happening). Stop outsourcing nearly all new jobs to India. Yes the metrics look good on paper, but the price customers pay is too high and will impact renewal rates on the SAAS side of the business, etc.

Great Brand, Cool Perks, limited mobility

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great brand and products, cool perks, on site gym, great insurance plan, great employee stock plan, wellness plan, cool building, great time off policy, shut downs for Christmas and 4th of July. Lots of smart and creative people.

Cons

Work-life balance is rough and stressful much of the time. despite the great time off policy, you are so busy that you feel you can't take advantage of it. very complicated contract work flow system, constantly resolving invoicing issues for customers. Compensation is not adequate for the work load. Managers feel they don't have to pay more because of the large job seeker pool which also means Managers have no incentive to keep experienced employees around. Very difficult to move up, too competitive. In many cases, hiring managers are looking for MBA candidates and will look outside the company even if someone internally could be trained to do the work. Company is very slow to change and upgrade systems and processes.

Stop off loading jobs to India. it might save money on the bottom line but the quality suffers. There are plenty of people here the U.S. that can do a way better job. Increase compensation, otherwise more people will seek employment else where. Encourage employees to stay with the company and help them with a career path if they express an interest to work on another department. Don't use bell curves to grade employees against each other.

No accountability for verbally abusive managers & lack of diversity

I have been working at Adobe full-time

Pros

Creative software tools! We have a beautiful building in Mission Bay area of San Francisco.

Cons

Company demonstrates ZERO effort or desire to encourage promoting DIVERSITY into or within management positions in North America.

View our entire management staff from top to bottom in the U.S.A. and ask ourselves these questions:

1) Should we be ashamed that we have made no effort to diversify our management ranks?
    2) Wouldn't Adobe U.S.A. benefit by promoting diversity within management?
    3) Apple, Microsoft, Google, Facebook and Amazon have each tackled this topic and publicized their intent to improve diversity. Why isn't diversity important to us at Adobe? We have to do better!

non-existent work/life balance

Current Employee - Senior Engagement Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Engagement Manager

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

stock options, employee stock purchase program, benefits overall are fantastic, great people out of Lehi, Utah office (Digital Marketing HQ), working remote,

Cons

work/life balance way heavy on the work side, leadership far removed from daily responsibilities of this role, overall sales structure is a detriment to success, POLITICS and some really slippery Account Executives that will throw their mother under a bus to close deals.

hire folks faster to support the explosion in digital marketing

Work place environment

Current Employee - Data Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great work life balance! Happy hour once a month helps with team bonding. Besides happy hour, Adobe also community service events in which you can sign up with your team. What I love about Adobe is actually the 2 shutdown periods where Adobe closes down for a week during July 4th and Christmas.

Cons

Adobe has an open policy about PTO for salary employees. Basically, if you need time off, you just speak with your manager. However, because there is no PTO accrual basis, most people on my team take only 1 week off at a time. Meaning, if you wanted to travel somewhere far and take 2 weeks, that can be a stretch and may present difficulty in getting approval from management.

Fantastic work environment and products, but customer focus sometimes falters

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Adobe provides you with the chance to work with well-known, technologically advanced products at a company that, for the most part, truly cares about its employees. You get to work with some very smart and creative people, and the same can be said for many of the customers. Though things may not always be perfect (what is?), it's clear that upper management actively thinks about how decisions affect employees, and continually aims to create a positive work environment with good benefits. It's generally a very open and honest company culture.

Cons

Though the company pays lip service to being customer-focused, and many individual contributors do sweat the details for customers, when push comes to shove customer satisfaction often loses out to short-term profits. That can be frustrating when you're trying to do the right thing. As for work environment, one historical problem with Adobe is that decision-making has generally been very consensus-oriented, which can slow things down. That may be getting better, however. As with any large company, culture and issues will vary a bit based on what department you're in. Some are more political than others, for example, though, in general, Adobe seems less political than most companies of the same size.

Adobe is a fantastic employer that does a lot of great work but also really cares about their employers.

Former Employee - Field Enablement in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Field Enablement in San Jose, CA

I worked at Adobe as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The benefits are amazing. As an intern, I got access to full benefits (minus health/dental), such as free Creative Cloud subscription, fitness dollars, corporate discounts etc. They also really emphasize work-life balance (of course, being a tech company). One day, my team and I took the day off to go do community service at a nearby food/clothing bank for the homeless. Another day, we decided to just do lunch/manicures/pedicures (I'm a dude, and it was a BLAST).

Another thing I love about Adobe is that I don't really have any moral qualms about what they do or how their products are produced. They treat all their employees very well, and I respect that.

Cons

Probably the biggest thing is just red tape. The company is very large so access to senior employees can be difficult, but it's still not impossible if you're have any significant issues.

I really don't have any advice. They do a fantastic job.

Fabulous company with lots of wonderful benefits with vacation and great workspace! Great location in San Jose.

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great time off schedule and the holiday shutdowns are very welcomed. Lots of opportunity for training and cross functional and lateral opportunities. Ability to work from home. Great location in San Jose because it is away from the crowds of Mountain View/Palo Alto traffic.

Cons

Too much red tape in organizations like IT. Silo teams and tough to grow career into the next phase. Profit sharing was taken away and the spot bonus incentives were becoming rare. Career titles advancement was not consistent as some people had inflated titles while others didn't.

Empower teams to take a larger role and encourage managers to be leaders to empower their teams. Bring teams back to a co-located place for better productivity.