Adobe

www.adobe.com
  www.adobe.com

Adobe Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2010's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.
3.7

Adobe President and CEO Shantanu Narayen
Shantanu Narayen

Pros
  • Company offers great benefits; flexible time-off policy; decent work-life balance (in 149 reviews)

• Good gym, great benefits, overall more positive experiences than bad ones (in 90 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance has also steadily deteriorated over the past few years (in 27 reviews)

• senior management do not communicate well with employees of all levels (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Great people, great benefits, great products.

Cons

Easy to stay at same level for extended periods of time.

Great environment - good set of products

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Company is a leader in it's space (Creative design tools, internet technologies)

Cons

very long process to get promoted

provide a long term vision that all teams can rally around - there are lots of ideas floating around, but it's hard to tell where the company should be in 3 years

Adobe is a great place to work and live.

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Adobe has excellent, competent, professional, and respectful management and co-workers. Their products are high quality and respected in their industry. Adobe supports a great work / life balance, personal growth opportunities, and local communities. It's hard for me to say enough good about the company. I'd work there again in the future.

Cons

Adobe is a fairly large company and is not quick to market with new products. Despite being important to people who create content for the Internet, it struggles creating Internet aware and web-based products and services. Because the organization is relatively flat for such a large company, there are limited opportunities for moving up the management ladder.

Take risks with products in the Internet space. Free Internet products from the chains of shrink-wrap software development methodologies and process overhead.

Subjective opinion

Former Employee - Call Center Vendor Operations in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Call Center Vendor Operations in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Adobe

Pros

I am a Macromedian and I left in Feb 2006 so I did not really feel the Adobe culture within. That said, I've been on the vendor side since 2000 dealing with Adobe as a compay, and the people I've worked would share a lot fo great stories about working for Adobe - great benefits is always the top reason cited. Macromedians who stayed longer than me said the same thing, although after the acquisition, the company became too big to know everyone, which is expected of a bigger company.

Cons

I am sure there's one, but the benefits would overshadow the cons.

Keep up the good work. Your brand is your identity.

Right in the middle zone of Valley companies

Former Employee - Marketing (Contractor) in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing (Contractor) in San Jose, CA

I worked at Adobe

Pros

Like many companies, the people you meet and the experiences they share are the things that you keep with you going forward. Adobe has a good mix of younger, right-out-of-college creative types, and older, been-around-the-Valley managers who have seen the ups and downs of the area, and have seen the trends in software from the PC days, to the online era. There are lots of opportunities if you know which product line to work in. Some products are very mature, but some are constantly trying new things and looking for new markets. Like any company, there are times when products did not do as well as expected.

Cons

Office politics, but that's the same in every company.

Focus energies on new products outside the existing product lines.