Adobe Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2011's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

3.6

Adobe President and CEO Shantanu Narayen
Shantanu Narayen

Pros
  • Company offers great benefits; flexible time-off policy; decent work-life balance (in 133 reviews)

• Good gym, great benefits, overall more positive experiences than bad ones (in 79 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance; the pressure comes from the top and it's hard to resist giving in (in 23 reviews)

• senior management do not communicate well with employees of all levels (in 37 reviews)

More Highlights

Where people go to retire

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Good pay, benefits, looks good on resume

Cons

Management, innovation or lack there of

Leave

Great people and benefits, but bad practices in some areas

Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Adobe

Pros

Most of the professionals at Adobe are exceptionally smart, competent, and easy to work with. The salaries are very competitive and the benefits, especially health insurance benefits, are great.

Cons

The Learning Resources group, which handles technical writing and documentation, is neither well-organized nor well-run. Decisions are made based on nebulous ideas about future trends and not based on better service for the customer. Cross-functional communication is very limited. There is a new initiative to lay off US employees and move jobs to India, and this initiative is not being handled well.

I suggest paying more attention to the ideas of key employees, and also slowing down the plans to move jobs offshore.

I love adobe

Former Employee - Computer Scientist  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Computer Scientist in San Jose, CA

I worked at Adobe

Pros

1. Smart, diligent, friendly people to work with
    2. Very interesting projects that match my background well
    3. An excellent quality control software projects
    4. Good pay
    5. Nice environment, amenable weather in bay area

Cons

Unfortunately, the adobe creative suite, specifically, cs4, didn't sell well due the the economic downtime. Adobe had to lay off twice in one year, sigh...

None... I am grateful to my manager and manager's manager. I wish Adobe didn't acquire the omniture but stick to the desktop creative suite, but I understand that's not the reality..

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work but that is changing.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Adobe

Pros

Pay is above industry and their overall compensation package is very good.

Cons

There has been way too much work moved off-shore.

Stop the flow of experience walking out the door you will need them again.

Flash is the future of Adobe

Current Employee - Senior Computer Scientist  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Computer Scientist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

- Very generous time off, including company shutdowns to ensure everyone actually uses it.
    - Non-confrontational atmosphere; colleagues are accessible, pleasant people to work with on a daily basis.

Cons

- Lots of silos. Core component groups take no responsibility for downstream use of their code, leading to lots of patches and not enough sharing of knowledge.
    - Lots of work done overseas. If you depend on one of those groups it can be tough to work out problems in a timely manner.
    - Too many groups have their own agendas, leading to a confusing technology stack.

Flash may be the future, but it's 10 years old and showing its age. Start taking its stability and performance issues seriously or all of the partnerships in the world won't help.

Good - Bad - & Ugly when working at Adobe

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

The people, the cafeteria, the offices and the products at Adobe are great!! On a whole Sr. Mgm't does really try and does care about it's people and giving back to the community! I really respect them for this!!!

Cons

It is Jr. Mgm't that seems to drop the ball. Some of these individuals should not be managing people. Not only have these individuals gotten away with disrespecting members of their team in front of other team members but they also lack the people skills along with good communications skills needed to be a good manager. Some of these individuals have attended Adobe's classes on some of these skills, however around a week or so after completing these classes they seem to revert back to their old horrible self. These individuals should not be managing other people. My heart goes out to those people that still are working for these individuals. Definitely politics in this organization as Jr. Mgm't seems to be protected by their manager's who seem to overlook Jr. Mgm'ts weaknesses.

I could say that Sr. Mgm't should look into the above information that was submitted but don't believe it will ever happen.

Adobe is one of the best places in the world to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Awesome products -- fun working on a product used by millions of people
    Great Technology
    High level of trust and respect for employees
    Great work environment

Cons

Some employees have a lack of urgency for making needed product improvements. We need to be more customer focused. Sometimes we have great technology that is too hard for people to use.

Drive accountability for more accountability from business and engineering leaders for ensuring that we are doing right by our customers.

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!