Adobe

4.0
1,125 Reviews

Adobe President and CEO Shantanu Narayen
Shantanu Narayen

Pros
  • Company offers great benefits; flexible time-off policy; decent work-life balance (in 149 reviews)

• Good gym, great benefits, overall more positive experiences than bad ones (in 90 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance has also steadily deteriorated over the past few years (in 27 reviews)

• senior management do not communicate well with employees of all levels (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Innovative where it counts

Current Employee - Conference Planner in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Conference Planner in Washington, DC

I have been working at Adobe as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Products are far-reaching and raises the level of competence in the average worker. Great support for captioning on the web.

Cons

Affordability is lacking here except for the low end products

Awesome Company, Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

For the most part, they allow your creativity to run wild and cultivate a culture of innovation. I am consistently presented with new and exciting opportunities and the company is constantly changing with the times. Obviously simply having their name on a resume is huge, but I've found there are plenty of reasons for that to be the case.

Cons

It seems unless you work 60+ hours/week, it's hard to move up per se. Although there are a lot of opportunities, they don't necessarily come with more cash/benefits. The yearly review process doesn't exist anymore and is an "on going" process. That's great in general, getting constant constructive feedback. However, what's yet to be seen is how this will work with promotions/recognition

A clearer path to promotion possibly? More incremental monetary bonuses, especially spot bonuses, would go a great distance as well.

One of the better Large Software Companies

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Awesome products, Cool graphics, People like us.

Cons

Benefit changes last year
    Loss of Profit Sharing
    Lack of Enterprise focus

Great place to work, but it is becoming a more difficult place to stay with benefit cuts last year
    -10% (on average) with profit sharing
    -Car allowance
    -PTO
    All that really does add up and a 5% raise doesn't come close to making up the difference.

Great company with great products but management needs to get their priorities straight.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Adobe is doubt one of the best places to work for. They pay well. Although there are some valid concerns about the new "discretionary" additional time-off and bonus programs, benefits are still better than many companies. Everyday I'm surrounded by very smart people and that's helpful for professional development.

Adobe has a lot of great products, some of which are the best in their respective industry. Although I work mostly with enterprise products, I can expose myself to other products by attending developer seminars, deep dive sessions, etc. Adobe is also very transparent internally, which results in a great work environment.

Cons

The time-off and bonus programs are changing in this year and, personally, it is heading for a not so good direction. Company profit sharing is gone. PTO balance can no longer be carried over. Management says the change is to make it more flexible to use additional time-off and receive bonuses at the discretion of your manager. I believe they did this for the benefits of the share holders instead of the employees. This could seriously result in talented people leaving the company.

Get your priorities straight. Time to market is way too too slow on your SaaS, enterprise and mobile offerings. Maybe shift some of the resources to work on things that the market wants. Streamline your software dev methodology. Customer care is so broken. Please fix it before customers leave us. TSO organization isn't working out. Professional Services is not meant to be a profit center. Please don't try to operate like big consulting firms. TSO isn't aligned with Sales. Lastly, your employees are getting unhappy. To attract and retain talented employees, you must have good comp plans and benefits. Right now you are not heading in the right direction.