Adolfson & Peterson

Updated August 14, 2014
Updated August 14, 2014
3.9

Doug Jaeger

Great company, virtually unlimited opportunity, good culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Adolfson & Peterson full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Company cares about its employees. Continually focused on improvement and how to add value to their clients. Many opportunities for training and learning.

Cons

Not much to say here. As with all construction companies, we go through cycles of extremely busy work periods where work / life balance suffers, but that how the industry works.

intern

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at Adolfson & Peterson full-time for less than a year

Pros

company values exceed any standard I have ever seen. an emphasis on growth and internal personal development shows the dedication A&P has, and its commitment to help its employee's succeed

Cons

not alot to say here

allow new hires to learn at "their" pace

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Superintendent  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Superintendent in Denver, CO

I worked at Adolfson & Peterson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people to work with, strong leadership team, and opportunities for advancement. The company has great family values that make working there fun and satisfying.

Cons

Construction market can ebb and flow with the economy. A&P is a growing company with regional exposure but does not have a full national presence.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall good company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis Park, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis Park, MN

I worked at Adolfson & Peterson full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly environment and company appreciates employees. Often caters in lunch and breakfast. Company works hard to promote safety and education within the company.

Cons

Management seems to be more concerned with keeping things how they are than keeping their employees around. When I was there, they were laying off people constantly, but never cut back on the perks. I would rather of kept my job than be fed every day, or have all expense paid fishing trips for a handful of employees.

See cons section. Don't say everything is fine when you are actually planning the next round of layoffs. If you tell the company what is going on, they will be more willing to work with you. If you state that either you cut this bonus/frill out of the budget or people will get laid off, most people (the people A&P want) will stay with the company.

Learning experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Adolfson & Peterson

Pros

Chances to grow after entry level position are strong

Cons

Low salary and benefit package were low. Due to project being chaotic. Renegotiation in process.

Busy

Current Employee - Foreman  in  Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Foreman in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Adolfson & Peterson

Pros

High pace environment, good staff, and opportunity to learn - expand job duties.

Cons

Weekend work common, short staffed job-sites, and stressful budgets.

Clarify lower level employee duties, specify goals/agendas, allow lower level participation in evaluation of company.

Very disorganized and largely unsatisfactory.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Adolfson & Peterson

Pros

Flexible work environment and better than average health benefits. Location of office is centralized. Still a small amount of family atmosphere.

Cons

Upper management for the Midwest lacks leadership capabilities and largely does not appreciate or respect the employees. The continued procurement of employees from one specific other local General Contractor continues to prove a hidden agenda from the Region's Vice President to realign his former "buddies" he used to work with and help them procure the titles and salaries they have seemingly desired. One can only anticipate that this level of leadership can and will destroy what has long been built by the Adolfson family. Disappointment and frustration are two words of a long list of cons that I could list.

They don't listen and are " me" people, so they believe they are not the problem. Selfishness is a hard habit to break.

A great company with great ethics and business model but needs better communication.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Adolfson & Peterson

Pros

The benefits are very good, the people I work with are great to work with and the projects are very good and challenging where I feel like I am being challenged every day.

Cons

The communication between management and employees is poor at best when it comes to future or upcoming growth. The salary also seems average at best.

I would suggest better communication to young employees looking for advise on where they are to be heading and what to be focusing on.

Worked for Adolfson & Peterson? Contribute to the Community!